I wish they would have made an all touch Passport, or hope they make one. I want a Passport but I want it all touch. I don't want a keyboard. I've talked to a lot of people who have Z10's like myself and Z30's and they wouldn't mind an all touch Passport for an upgrade. Love the form factor but I don't want the keyboard. I think an all touch Passport would sell better than the keyboard, i could be wrong, but most people want all touch nowadays. I think BlackBerry should of released both keyboard Passport and an all touch Passport. I think sales would of been of been a lot higher. My 2 cents

BlackBerry needs to think about us Z10 owners as well who adopted BB10 from the beginning with the Z10's. We need an upgrade and the rumored slider being possibly Android has me really turned me off. It's BB10 for me or nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:10 AM
    Should BlackBerry get a break to some degree on the Passport being it's the first line of this model for them?

It's just a general question for anyone that feels they'd like to comment on.

Posted via CB10
    I need a break from this thread....and I just got here

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-07-15 08:13 AM
    Please. People that WANT to find issues will come up with all kinds of things. I own a Passport and have NONE of those issues. How many bent Passports have you seen around these forums? I've only seen a couple. People make it sound like this mass-exodus of people returning devices. The Passport is actually the best built device I've had in a loooong time. Better than the Z30 for sure.
    One Bent Passport is enough as Chen stated he guaranteed the phone wouldn't bend, which is a flat out lie.

Double typing and screen lifting are rampant with the device as there are a myriad of posts on those happening to people every day.
    07-07-15 08:39 AM
    Question: "Should BlackBerry get a break to some degree on the Passport?"

Answer: "On some degree, yes..."
    Sigh.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-07-15 08:44 AM
    For what I see the OS isn't bad, actually I wish they would have stuck with the original OS that the Passport came with, for certain reasons.

I'm not talking about their touch screen phones or phones with plastic frames.

For example, the keys are completely new concept. I don't recall every seeing a keyboard that's touch sensitive with a high demand to movement. Have you?
    It has its bugs for some people but think about the endless things that can do as enhancements are made and bugs worked out of things like double typing.

Do any of their other phones have metal frames?
    That I'm aware of, no they don't.
    So let's use what's work in the past to adhere the glass down.
    Like you say, they have been having phones made in the past. Screen lift hasn't been an issue until they combined the glass with a metal frame. If I'm not mistaken most of their older models were plastic cover over the monitors/screens attached to a plastic frame which also had plastic pegs melted down to hold them on.

Everyone talks like this is the hundredth metal frame keyboard touch phone they have had made.

Posted via CB10
    Screen lifting is far from new. My first BlackBerry which was a full plastic Curve 8330 had similar screen lift as described here with the Passport. I replaced the screen on the 8330 twice myself to fix the problem. It's a shame that in all these years they haven't figured out the adhesive they use is just not enough to secure a screen through normal wear and tear.

Having said that, my Passport screen is still firmly glued down. Having had lift issues before, I am nervous and watching for it now.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:38 AM
    Isn't that with Amazon in the UK only? As Amazon US still has it up for sale and available.

If you can, please post a link to a bend test of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Passport does not bend. It twist. You can easily twist back though. You can easily replicate the twisting from normal daily use. Place you passport naked on your front pants pocket loose or tight does not matter for a week. Then do flatness check by placing passport facedown naked on glass table and tap on each four corner. You can tell when your passport is twisted. After finding out that your passport do actually twist, twist back (use your imagination), this will avoid the screen lifting thingy in the long run. I now use hardcase that help prevent the passport to twist.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 01:59 PM
    Passport does not bend. It twist. You can easily twist back though. You can easily replicate the twisting from normal daily use. Place you passport naked on your front pants pocket loose or tight does not matter for a week. Then do flatness check by placing passport facedown naked on glass table and tap on each four corner. You can tell when your passport is twisted. After finding out that your passport do actually twist, twist back (use your imagination), this will avoid the screen lifting thingy in the long run. I now use hardcase that help prevent the passport to twist.

Posted via CB10
    This is a good note on the passport's bending/twisting issues. It's inherent in the design and can't be avoided without a hard case (like the seido).
    07-07-15 02:03 PM
    Screen lifting is far from new. My first BlackBerry which was a full plastic Curve 8330 had similar screen lift as described here with the Passport. I replaced the screen on the 8330 twice myself to fix the problem. It's a shame that in all these years they haven't figured out the adhesive they use is just not enough to secure a screen through normal wear and tear.

Having said that, my Passport screen is still firmly glued down. Having had lift issues before, I am nervous and watching for it now.

Posted via CB10
    Did you happen to find out what really held down the screen on the 8330?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 03:07 PM
    D'whhhaaa!!!! I see no merit in this comment. I demand facts, references and examples!!!! Where are the examples!!!!!!

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree with you. I love my Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:21 PM
    Double typing and screen lifting are rampant with the device as there are a myriad of posts on those happening to people every day.[/QUOTE]
    Well that's terrible for them if so but all users I know of haven't had any of those you mention here, including myself.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:23 PM
    Haven't had any issues with my Passport. It's such a solid device and build quality is excellent!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-08-15 08:39 AM
    This thread has me at a loss. If people hated the device I could understand the question. Sentiment towards the Passport has been pretty good. It's available in 3 colours and people love all three as well as the AT&T model.
    I thought it was just me....
    07-08-15 11:12 AM
    I thought it was just me....
    Well, it still may be.
    07-09-15 10:10 PM
    Question: "Should BlackBerry get a break to some degree on the Passport?"

Answer: "On some degree, yes..."

Posted via CB10
    Or they could just replace the device for people that encounter these issues?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:22 AM
39 12