Should BlackBerry get a break to some degree on the Passport being it's the first line of this model for them?

It's just a general question for anyone that feels they'd like to comment on.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:55 PM
    A break from....... what?
    07-06-15 09:07 PM
    A break from....... what?
    Do you own a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:08 PM
    Do you own a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Wtf are you talking about. He is the editor of Crackberry and reviewed it before anyone had it.

And while we're on topic, a break from what exactly? Poor sales?
    07-06-15 09:10 PM
    Do you own a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, he definitely doesn't Bet he's stuck on the 8320... Come on Bla1ze, time to upgrade.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    bgregory902 and serbanescu like this.
    07-06-15 09:10 PM
    I too am curious as to what you're talking about. I own a Passport and am over the moon with it. I haven't heard anything too serious in regards to other's experiences, besides a screen flicker here and there. BlackBerry outsold their expectations from what I remember. What exactly do they need to be cut slack over?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:13 PM
    You always hear the saying don't buy the first of anything.
    Android had issues when they started out.
    Iphone had issues when they started out.
    Even BlackBerry did on their old OS when they started.

BB10 is an early OS.
    And Passport has totally new hardware.
    Where even testing may seem flawless and acceptable for consumer use, companies rarely get things working 100% first model.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:24 PM

BB10 is an early OS.
    Where even testing may seem flawless and acceptable for consumer use, companies rarely get things working 100% first model.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 has been out for 3 years. It's not a new OS anymore. It's newer than Amdroid and iOS but not "New." That's besides the point that Blackberry has only ever made phones so they shouldn't be cut slack on anything as it wasn't like they jumped into a market with no past experience like someone like Apple did or a lot of Android manufacturers.
    07-06-15 09:31 PM
    My Passport is flawless. Aside from a little creaking body issue today it has had less issues than my iPhone 6 did... I had to exchange that at the Apple Store over a quality issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:33 PM

BB10 is an early OS.

Posted via CB10
    I don't feel like BlackBerry or BB10 are that new to the playground, but if you do then fine cut them some slack. I just can't figure out why they need it.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:38 PM
    I don't feel like BlackBerry or BB10 are that new to the playground, but if you do then fine cut them some slack. I just can't figure out why they need it.

Posted via CB10
    They're refocusing the company. It's had a big shake-up over the past few years, and they've done some exciting things despite that. The Passport had some innovative ideas. I think that's what he means.

That said, I cut no slack for poorly built products. BlackBerry has had some really rotten quality control issues lately. Especially with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:47 PM
    BB10 has been out for 3 years. It's not a new OS anymore. It's newer than Amdroid and iOS but not "New." That's besides the point that Blackberry has only ever made phones so they shouldn't be cut slack on anything as it wasn't like they jumped into a market with no past experience like someone like Apple did or a lot of Android manufacturers.
    For what I see the OS isn't bad, actually I wish they would have stuck with the original OS that the Passport came with, for certain reasons.

I'm not talking about their touch screen phones or phones with plastic frames.

For example, the keys are completely new concept. I don't recall every seeing a keyboard that's touch sensitive with a high demand to movement. Have you?
    It has its bugs for some people but think about the endless things that can do as enhancements are made and bugs worked out of things like double typing.

Do any of their other phones have metal frames?
    That I'm aware of, no they don't.
    So let's use what's work in the past to adhere the glass down.
    Like you say, they have been having phones made in the past. Screen lift hasn't been an issue until they combined the glass with a metal frame. If I'm not mistaken most of their older models were plastic cover over the monitors/screens attached to a plastic frame which also had plastic pegs melted down to hold them on.

Everyone talks like this is the hundredth metal frame keyboard touch phone they have had made.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:50 PM
    The Passport had some innovative ideas. I think that's what he means.

Posted via CB10
    Along those lines yes.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:53 PM
    That said, I cut no slack for poorly built products. BlackBerry has had some really rotten quality control issues lately. Especially with the Passport.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

D'whhhaaa!!!! I see no merit in this comment. I demand facts, references and examples!!!! Where are the examples!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    07-06-15 09:59 PM
    For what I see the OS isn't bad, actually I wish they would have stuck with the original OS that the Passport came with, for certain reasons.

I'm not talking about their touch screen phones or phones with plastic frames.

Do any of their other phones have metal frames?
    That I'm aware of, no they don't.
    So let's use what's work in the past to adhere the glass down.
    Like you say, they have been having phones made in the past. Screen lift hasn't been an issue until they combined the glass with a metal frame. If I'm not mistaken most of their older models were plastic cover over the monitors/screens attached to a plastic frame which also had plastic pegs melted down to hold them on.

Everyone talks like this is the hundredth metal frame keyboard touch phone they have had made.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they have, most recently with the bold 9900 series from several years ago.
    07-06-15 10:04 PM
    D'whhhaaa!!!! I see no merit in this comment. I demand facts, references and examples!!!! Where are the examples!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Amazon put the Passport under review due to the large number of defective devices returned.

The design of the Passport hinges on a frail, steel frame that twists so easily that just light use will bend the phone. Because of this design oversight, the glued-on screen tends to lift away from the frame of the phone.

The BlackBerry logo on the back falls off with ease (simply glued in place). The rubber backing is famous for absorbing oil around the logo.

The keyboard has reported double-typing issues.

Tons of copies with loose volume keys that rattle.

I could go on, but the main issue is that weak metal frame that offers no strength. The Passport is easier to bend than a 6 Plus.

Posted via CB10
    rcab and blee4 like this.
    07-06-15 10:53 PM
    Yes they have, most recently with the bold 9900 series from several years ago.
    Guess it wouldn't matter either way as the screen doesn't attach directly to the metal frame for either phone.

I could see the screws holding the mother board down be slightly long or over tightened pressing on the back side of the screen causing it to lift from the plastic backing.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 10:57 PM
    Amazon put the Passport under review due to the large number of defective devices returned.

The design of the Passport hinges on a frail, steel frame that twists so easily that just light use will bend the phone. Because of this design oversight, the glued-on screen tends to lift away from the frame of the phone.

The BlackBerry logo on the back falls off with ease (simply glued in place). The rubber backing is famous for absorbing oil around the logo.

I could go on, but the main issue is that weak metal frame that offers no strength. The Passport is easier to bend than a 6 Plus.

Posted via CB10
    And Chen in his infinite wisdom guaranteed that the Passport wouldn't bend.
    07-06-15 10:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that with Amazon in the UK only? As Amazon US still has it up for sale and available.

If you can, please post a link to a bend test of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:02 PM
    Question: "Should BlackBerry get a break to some degree on the Passport?"

Answer: "On some degree, yes..."

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:25 PM
    A break for what? You don't make much sense!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:43 PM
    Is this some sort of inside joke?

Z30 10.3.2.2252
    islandp likes this.
    07-07-15 01:18 AM
    It's a 5 star phone ! what more can you ask for?
    07-07-15 07:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Please. People that WANT to find issues will come up with all kinds of things. I own a Passport and have NONE of those issues. How many bent Passports have you seen around these forums? I've only seen a couple. People make it sound like this mass-exodus of people returning devices. The Passport is actually the best built device I've had in a loooong time. Better than the Z30 for sure.
    07-07-15 07:49 AM
    This thread has me at a loss. If people hated the device I could understand the question. Sentiment towards the Passport has been pretty good. It's available in 3 colours and people love all three as well as the AT&T model.
    07-07-15 07:52 AM
39 12