Actually, Android also don't allow this anymore since IceCreamSandwich. I dug up my old Samsung and it doesn't allow apps running in external SD card. I think the last Android version that does this is Froyo or ver 2.2

Android also saw the downside of running apps from external SD card. First off, external SD cards are not created equal. Some are slow some are fast, some have good quality, some get corrupted easily. Now imagine the problems that would arise if the user installed in an inferior SD card.

At any rate, apps are small. There is no single app bigger than 1gig. If there was, then it would hog up all of the phone's memory when it runs.

Posted via CB10
    It is still possible on more modern Android releases to put apps on sd. Lots of people out there had it natively, especially on Samsung devices. And even if Google managed to 'disable' it, someone over at xda would find a way to have it back.

Doesn't change the fact that what the OP wants is something that can't happen at all of course.
    11-24-14 06:56 AM
    It is still possible on more modern Android releases to put apps on sd. Lots of people out there had it natively, especially on Samsung devices. And even if Google managed to 'disable' it, someone over at xda would find a way to have it back.

Doesn't change the fact that what the OP wants is something that can't happen at all of course.
    Hmmm. I have a Samsung S4 and it can't. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which also can't move apps to SD card. Both run on Jellybean. Don't know if it's a Samsung thing or if they put it back in KitKat version. But in older androids it can, then it was apparently removed (sometime in ICS I think). Maybe put back again in KitKat? (this am not sure).

At any rate, BlackBerry can't.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. And the silence from the OP suggests the message might have finally gotten through to him finally.
    11-24-14 07:32 AM
    Hmmm. I have a Samsung S4 and it can't. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which also can't move apps to SD card. Both run on Jellybean. Don't know if it's a Samsung thing or if they put it back in KitKat version. But in older androids it can, then it was apparently removed (sometime in ICS I think). Maybe put back again in KitKat? (this am not sure).

Posted via CB10
    So phones and Tablets differ. As I have the Galaxy tab S and my Daughter was quite pissed when my wife took the SD card to work to watch movies on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:11 PM
    That is lame ...so the android compatibility is very basic at best... the more I use the passport,, more I realize I would have had to return it if I couldn't snap android apps in... for instance, I have 2 security camera & dvr systems at 2 locations requiring 2 different android apps to be viewed... if BlackBerry is so enterprise oriented, the BBOS should offer this integrated in the hub for notifications, etc.
    I have security cameras that I monitor from my Passport, and I don't have a problem using the setup. Here are a few options/suggestions:

- Use Dlink app to monitor Dlink wifi cameras for FREE.
    - Use TinyCam to monitor non DLink cameras. The paid app has more features, but the free version works well. With TinyCam, I can view ALL of my cameras (2 Dlink and 2 Foscam).

My cameras are also setup to send email notification when motion is detected, and those emails are integrated into the hub.

I guess I'm confused as to what your issue is with the Passport specifically. I use TinyCam on Google TV, Amazon Kindle (1st gen), and now my Passport. The Passport, by far, is the most powerful of the three and has the most storage on board. Both are fairly small apps.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-24-14 05:50 PM
    I have security cameras that I monitor from my Passport, and I don't have a problem using the setup. Here are a few options/suggestions:

- Use Dlink app to monitor Dlink wifi cameras for FREE.
    - Use TinyCam to monitor non DLink cameras. The paid app has more features, but the free version works well. With TinyCam, I can view ALL of my cameras (2 Dlink and 2 Foscam).
    I have already suggested the TinyCam monitor since it supports a long list of camera vendors. With it you won't need many app for every brand of camera you are using. All you need is one app. TinyCam monitor can even record your videos to your external SD card as long as it is running.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:32 PM
    still, for those who want to do it, I believe a smartie could write an app or patch as that which existed for prior phones I had (moto m3100 & such) which was a card-runner routine ...I wonder if some geek knows if that could be done ...if it was pulled after ICS, someone could go get it & redo it to run with what is current ...just sayin'
    01-13-15 09:51 PM
    No,it will not run.

Curve 3G>Q5>Z10
    01-13-15 09:54 PM
33 12