Is there a keyboard shortcut to minimize or close apps on Passport? I've seen online where some models a long press of the space bar will. This does not seem to work on my Passport. I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it with my search.
    Last edited by paulbbp; 05-19-15 at 05:31 PM.
    05-03-15 12:02 AM
    Honestly, I don't know why you need shortcut key when you can swipe up (starting from the center of keyboard) to minimize an application / game running and just click the 'X' on the box to close them...

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-03-15 03:13 AM
    There are a couple of apps depending what state they are in that don't respond to the swipe up. For example if I've tapped into a field to type, I have to exit the entry field, then swipe up. So it takes two steps to minimize the app.

Not a big deal but if there was a shortcut I would use it

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 07:17 AM
    I haven't experienced this.... seems like no matter what I'm doing on the Passport I can always swipe up from the bottom to go home

Why aren't you on a Passport? 
    05-05-15 12:16 PM
    Yes I have seen the option of pressing the space bar to minimise the app in a q10 when some guy was demonstrating the 10.3 build.

Sent from Passport
    05-05-15 12:22 PM
    I know what the guy mean. When in the typing box of an email or text message, you can't swipe up, and require to leave the text box before being able to close the app. Quite annoying little detail
    paulbbp likes this.
    05-05-15 02:52 PM
    Honestly, I don't know why you need shortcut key when you can swipe up (starting from the center of keyboard) to minimize an application / game running and just click the 'X' on the box to close them...

Posted via CB10
    This works and is moderately efficient, but I get what the OP is saying. It's now a 2 step process to close an app. Would be nice if you could, in some setting, choose whether the app stays open on swipe up running in background, or if it could close the app in that one movement. Would be even cooler if you had this feature and could customize by each specific app. Wishes for BB 10.4 y'all!

Kobnyc
    05-08-15 08:09 AM
    I've never had to tap out of a field in order to close an app. It just works no matter what's going on in the app I'm using. Weird.
    05-08-15 01:59 PM
    There are a couple of apps depending what state they are in that don't respond to the swipe up. For example if I've tapped into a field to type, I have to exit the entry field, then swipe up. So it takes two steps to minimize the app.

Not a big deal but if there was a shortcut I would use it

Posted via CB10
    Except your example would fail. Let's say you had "e" set to close an app, while in a text box if you held e it would type and cycle from e > E > .

I can swipe to minimize anytime, text box or not.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-08-15 02:24 PM
    I agree with your comment on the "e" key. I'm thinking the long press on the space bar would have been nice. From what I can tell this works well on other BlackBerry model(s). What might work better is a combination of keys. Maybe something like space bar and q.

The swipe up doesn't work unconditionally every time on my passport. I may be the only person experiencing this but it is not operator error. This is not a design complaint. My original question was simply to determine if there was a keyboard shortcut. I really like my passport and have no regrets.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by paulbbp; 05-09-15 at 07:44 AM.
    05-09-15 03:21 AM
    Just to follow-up. I updated to 10.3.2.680 and now my apps minimize just as they should.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 08:35 PM