so how much are we saving by buying out straight instead of early upgrade through att?
    You are saving $100 over what Canadians are paying. The MSRP is $699 and you are getting $599 direct with no contract. If AT&T is selling it, it will usually be with a contract.
    10-17-14 06:47 PM
    as of 4:47pm here in California it shows 156 available.
    10-17-14 06:47 PM
    after waffling back and forth and almost ordering an iPhone6+ which I could've picked up at Apple this afternoon, I decided on the Passport from DR.. Hope I made the right decision. If not, I have 30 days to return (I think). I really want to like the Blackberry but the only way to tell seems to be order it and see what happens.... (I had cancelled my order from Amazon yesterday, sorta out of frustration) Hopefully DR won't make it their mission to teach me the real meaning of frustration....
    10-17-14 07:17 PM
    Both Canadian and US sites did not have it this morning, thanks OP for the update, ordered another

AmaZ30ed
    10-17-14 07:24 PM
    Out of stock again
    10-17-14 08:13 PM
    Yep. thanks for playing
    We're sorry but BlackBerry Passport - Black is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    10-17-14 08:15 PM
    I made two orders and got a confirmation email for both over an hour ago. However, I did just cancel one of those and it was mildly difficult.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:36 PM
    You are saving $100 over what Canadians are paying. The MSRP is $699 and you are getting $599 direct with no contract. If AT&T is selling it, it will usually be with a contract.
    Without a contract, it will still be locked to AT&T. At least the last two Lumias I bought that way were.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:40 PM
    We're out!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:05 PM
    249 now... will be sold out soon.
    As much as I'd like Blackberry to be sold out again it seems kind of silly to be crowing about it since it looked like they only started out with about 500 phones
    10-17-14 09:12 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    they also have many channels to stock … india, other countries, etc .. not just online with amazon or shop blackberry … demand >>>>> supply atm for Passport
    10-17-14 09:41 PM
    You are right. I ordered mine at Candada ShopBB, but received email from"BlackBerry US Customer Service". That's maybe means that Canada and US shopBB are the same one, sell same item to different people at various prices.
    10-17-14 09:43 PM
    I just order via shop blackberry and my order went through and received an email with my order number . I inputted my order number in find-my-order and I got a message that says that the order number is incorrect. Should I worry?

Posted via CB10
    No, I think it takes a few hours to a day for your order to go through the system and be searchable in the find-my-order site. I had the same issue but was able to see my order the next day.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    10-17-14 10:20 PM
    It happened to me too don't worry i think it take 48 hours or so to process...
    10-17-14 11:45 PM
    Mine arrived today!
    10-18-14 12:29 AM
    I really wonder how many of these phones they're selling! Out again!
    10-18-14 03:38 AM
    ordered mine yesterday.. coming on tuesday. can't wait.
    10-18-14 05:56 AM
    So, how many "in stock..out of stock" ShopBlackBerry and Amazon do we need?! Ha!
    10-18-14 08:08 AM
    500 sold out in about 10 hours. So now it's about 1000 a day when it's in stock. It's moving much slower than the first week for sure.

That's 30k a month, or 360k a year if shopblackberry is the only place selling Passport.

If carriers also sells Passport and let's say all of them combine sells 9 times faster than shopblackberry, then it's going to be 3.6 million a year, 36% of what BlackBerry needs to be profitable.

Providing that BlackBerry has Passport in stock all the time around the year.... Put that in perspective, this supply chain problem can be a killer for BlackBerry's back to profit plan.

Oh well, the site has been out of stock for quite a while so interested buyers may not even know it's back in stock on a Friday night, maybe the 500-in-10 hours number is way off as a measurement of demand.
    10-18-14 08:50 AM
    500 sold out in about 10 hours. So now it's about 1000 a day when it's in stock. It's moving much slower than the first week for sure.

That's 30k a month, or 360k a year if shopblackberry is the only place selling Passport.

If carriers also sells Passport and let's say all of them combine sells 9 times faster than shopblackberry, then it's going to be 3.6 million a year, 36% of what BlackBerry needs to be profitable.

Providing that BlackBerry has Passport in stock all the time around the year.... Put that in perspective, this supply chain problem can be a killer for BlackBerry's back to profit plan.

Oh well, the site has been out of stock for quite a while so interested buyers may not even know it's back in stock on a Friday night, maybe the 500-in-10 hours number is way off as a measurement of demand.
    It's hard to predict overall performance from these sales. BlackBerry sells the great majority of its devices to enterprises. I doubt that business goes through the same sales channels as consumers. So it's a fun, but futile exercise unless you have access to enterprise numbers.
    EastCoast17 likes this.
    10-18-14 09:02 AM
    Quote from an article published on The Global and Mail yesterday:

"The Passport sold 200,000 units in the first two days, selling out in six hours on BlackBerry�s website and within 10 hours on Amazon.com."

BlackBerry Passport demand has exceeded expectations, Chen says - The Globe and Mail

The full article:

BlackBerry Passport demand has exceeded expectations, Chen says

It�s a good thing that some people can�t buy BlackBerry Ltd.�s Passport phone, Chief Executive Officer John Chen said. That means it�s popular.

Shortages of the business-focused smartphone show that efforts to turn around the money-losing company, formerly known as Research In Motion Ltd., are taking hold, Mr. Chen told an MIT Enterprise Forum event Friday in Hong Kong. Demand for the phone - the first device released since Mr. Chen took charge in November - has exceeded the Canadian company�s expectations.

�I�m glad to have inventory issues. It shows that people want the phone,� said Chen, 59. �We took a very conservative approach and didn�t order too many.�

In his attempt to return the company to profitability by 2016, Mr. Chen is focusing on products such as the BlackBerry Blend feature that appeals to corporate customers because it helps them merge work and personal information. BlackBerry�s smartphone shipments sank to 13.7-million units last year from 52.3 million in 2010, according to data compiled by Bloomberg, as it struggled to compete with touch-screen devices produced by Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co.

�Being Sexy�

The Passport sold 200,000 units in the first two days, selling out in six hours on BlackBerry�s website and within 10 hours on Amazon.com. The square-shaped smartphone is designed for business users who write e-mails, study spreadsheets and read documents on their phones.

BlackBerry was focused on the 30 per cent of the market that sees their phones as a tool, not as an entertainment portal, Mr. Chen said. �That is not a space that we can afford to be in now. Being sexy and being a workhorse are two different things,� he said.

Mr. Chen, a Hong Kong native, said he doesn�t yet have a strategy for expanding into China. The company got 16 per cent of its sales from the Asia-Pacific region during the fiscal year that ended in March, compared with 19 per cent from the U.S., according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Mr. Chen said he hopes to get ideas when he attends the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Beijing next month, his first trip to the country as CEO.

�China is too big a market to ignore,� Mr. Chen said. �It is clear that BlackBerry needs to and should be in that market.�
    10-18-14 09:06 AM
    It's hard to predict overall performance from these sales. BlackBerry sells the great majority of its devices to enterprises. I doubt that business goes through the same sales channels as consumers. So it's a fun, but futile exercise unless you have access to enterprise numbers.
    Don't get me wrong, it's all about fun.
    10-18-14 09:07 AM

With no official announcement on a Friday, it would be hard to say if 500 in 10 hours reflects normal demand.

Not everyone looking for a Passport is on CrackBerry or checking for store every day.

And then there are people like me who are waiting for next month's release of the white Passport.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    10-18-14 09:19 AM
    I just got email with Fed Ex tracking number. word. Big thanks to OP for heads-up.
    10-18-14 12:11 PM
    Same here. Received tracking numbers for the two I ordered. I'm either returning one or putting it up for sale.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 01:18 PM
122 ... 2345