I've read a lot of comments on ShopBlackberry and had the same sentiments till I received a shipping e-mail with a tracking number.

It is not acceptable for there to be mention of a tracking number on the site and in the e-mail, only to leave a blank space after that. It creates undue worry and stress. I thought that my order was possibly on backorder despite ordering it a few hours after launch...

This issue may seem silly, but with people canceling orders because of a lack of communication it is unacceptable. Blackberry, and all companies need to be aware of issues like this, imagine if this was a business you owned. Please help sticky this thread and the Passport Delivery Waiting room thread. We need them to be aware of this shopping experience problem! If you agree please help push these threads up!
    09-29-14 08:16 PM
    I have no idea what the devil you are talking about. Are you saying BBerry said there was a tracking number but when you looked for it you couldn't find one? I have often received confirmation/shipping emails from companies w/o a tracking number because it hadn't been issued yet. Eventually it would appear... if that's what you are talking about.
    09-29-14 08:29 PM
    Right exactly, not giving a tracking number because it didn't get issued yet... I need to copy some replies to the blackberry waiting room thread to explain my point. People are panicking and canceling because they aren't receiving a tracking number even after the 24-48 hour window period for their account to be charged
    09-29-14 08:34 PM
    Not only that, but the Amazon App Store online lists "Uber" as an available app, but on the passport it is unavailable. They need to fix that asap. Did you buy a passport?
    09-29-14 08:35 PM
    Then those people need to learn patience. This is pretty normal when ordering items online.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:36 PM
    The confusion is this: "Thank you for ordering from the BlackBerry US.

Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours."

then you get another e-mail:
    "Product SKU: PRD-59182-051
    Product Name: BlackBerry Passport - Black
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $599.00
    Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Subtotal: $599.00
    Shipping: $10.24"
    The tracking number is blank and this must be freaking people out because they think this is the e-mail they would get with "details". Yes, you are right patience is needed, but don't you think the process is misleading and could cause people to freak out? It should state that the tracking number is not available, thing is I order online a lot and this issue has never arisen. yes, I get that this thread is a bit overblown... But when money is lost, it is serious
    09-29-14 08:44 PM
    Take a deep breath and count to 10.

You won't receive a tracking number until the shipping company comes and picks it up. What you received is just an order confirmation. Pretty much a receipt.

Once UPS, FedEx, or whoever does your delivering, you'll receive a separate email with that information.

Posted via CB10
    Rob e D and will308 like this.
    09-29-14 08:52 PM
    Lol tell this to those canceling...
    Take a deep breathe and count to 10.

You won't receive a tracking number until the shipping company comes and picks it up. What you received is just an order confirmation. Pretty much a receipt.

Once UPS, FedEx, or whoever does your delivering, you'll receive a separate email with that information.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:54 PM
    Wow

Uber Doesn't work on Passport? Smh

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    09-29-14 08:55 PM
    Well do everyone a favor. Go to the forums and spread the word of what I just said.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    09-29-14 08:55 PM
    Mods please delete thread, thank you
    09-29-14 09:11 PM
    Not only that, but the Amazon App Store online lists "Uber" as an available app, but on the passport it is unavailable. They need to fix that asap. Did you buy a passport?
    Well, you are right about this piece at least. A number of apps from the Amazon App Store are being reported as not available for the BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:18 PM
    It's a phone. It will get there when it gets there and you will enjoy it.
    09-29-14 09:27 PM
    Just for future readers. This isn't about me. I have my phone already, it's about my observations while skimming threads. If you have any questions PM me, sorry if the OP sounds whiny, not my intention
    09-29-14 10:04 PM
    Get your point. Email should not mentioned tracking number. Often you don't get a tracking number until a few hours after the item has been picked up
    09-29-14 10:55 PM
    The confusion is this: "Thank you for ordering from the BlackBerry US.

Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours."

then you get another e-mail:
    "Product SKU: PRD-59182-051
    Product Name: BlackBerry Passport - Black
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $599.00
    Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Subtotal: $599.00
    Shipping: $10.24"
    The tracking number is blank and this must be freaking people out because they think this is the e-mail they would get with "details". Yes, you are right patience is needed, but don't you think the process is misleading and could cause people to freak out? It should state that the tracking number is not available, thing is I order online a lot and this issue has never arisen. yes, I get that this thread is a bit overblown... But when money is lost, it is serious
    This is the web design issue, the email could explain why a tracking number isn't showing up.

Disclosure does wonderful things for a Business Relationship.
    09-30-14 05:49 PM