Hello, can someone please help. My bb passport that I have been using for almost 5 years without any issue just started misbehaving yesterday.

isuues:
    1. Settings not opening. only showing a black screen when I click on settings or try to click on any of the quick settings option
    2. bbm not opening either: showing BBM has lost its connection. please wait while server attempts to reconnect
    3. displaying a notification saying one app requires your Blackberry ID, but when I click on the notification to open it, it takes me to a blank settings frame
    4. emails not coming in
    5. BB connection icon not displaying
    6. browser not connecting to internet

I am using cobalt build2 apk 6.0.0 on it to use android apps- mainly mozilla firefox and WhatsApp. Only these two apps are working normally at the moment.

I have reset it almost a hundred times. I don't know what else to do please. I have been unable to back it up as well.
    05-07-19 11:01 AM
    I have reset it almost a hundred times.
    What OS is it on and what exactly do you mean by 'reset'?
    05-07-19 11:20 AM
    by reset I meant- I held the power button down for as long as possible to reboot. I also held up and down volume buttons down to reboot it. I alternated between this.

the OS is 10.3.3.3216 passport SWQ100-1
    05-07-19 11:28 AM
    the OS version is 10.3.3.3216
    05-07-19 03:33 PM
    by reset I meant- I held the power button down for as long as possible to reboot. I also held up and down volume buttons down to reboot it. I alternated between this.

the OS is 10.3.3.3216 passport SWQ100-1
    That effectively does nothing in this case. You need to reload your OS.
    05-07-19 04:03 PM
    please how do I do this. I cant back it up because blackberry link is not recognising it
    05-07-19 04:39 PM
    I am using cobalt build2 apk 6.0.0 on it to use android apps
    Remove Cobalt stack completely, reboot then leave alone for 10 minutes then check your device again. If that doesn't work, reload your OS with an autoloader and start anew.
    05-07-19 05:29 PM
    Remove Cobalt stack completely, reboot then leave alone for 10 minutes then check your device again. If that doesn't work, reload your OS with an autoloader and start anew.
    If I use an autoloader, will that erase all my data?
    05-07-19 06:20 PM
    If I use an autoloader, will that erase all my data?
    Yes it will. Did you do what I suggested above?
    05-07-19 06:32 PM
    Yes it will. Did you do what I suggested above?
    Yes I did but the problems are still the same.
    05-07-19 06:46 PM
    Yes I did but the problems are still the same.
    Then I think it's time to backup any photos, data etc and begin the autoloader process. Sometimes, over time, things just get messed up and a new start is required. The autoloader will install a clean OS, you will need your BBID and password to log in again. It's a very easy process and only takes about 15 minutes or so. Download the CORRECT autoloader for your device to a PC's desktop, unzip the file, plug your device into the PC, close BlackBerry Link (if you have it installed on your PC), click on the autoloader and let it run. It will complete, then reboot your device (this can take a while) and you can then set your device up from scratch. Good Luck!
    05-07-19 07:00 PM
    Then I think it's time to backup any photos, data etc and begin the autoloader process. Sometimes, over time, things just get messed up and a new start is required. The autoloader will install a clean OS, you will need your BBID and password to log in again. It's a very easy process and only takes about 15 minutes or so. Download the CORRECT autoloader for your device to a PC's desktop, unzip the file, plug your device into the PC, close BlackBerry Link (if you have it installed on your PC), click on the autoloader and let it run. It will complete, then reboot your device (this can take a while) and you can then set your device up from scratch. Good Luck!
    thank you very much. The problem is I do not know know how to backup the device as blackberry link is not recognising it. blackberry blend is not connecting either. I have tried over wifi and over usb. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas how I can do a back up outside of these?
    05-07-19 07:09 PM
    thank you very much. The problem is I do not know know how to backup the device as blackberry link is not recognising it. blackberry blend is not connecting either. I have tried over wifi and over usb. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas how I can do a back up outside of these?
    One last question - do you have an sd card in your device? If so, have you removed it and rebooted etc?

To answer your question, if the device does not show up in Windows File Explorer when you plug it into your computer, then I'm afraid you will not be able to back up any data. Normally when plugged in to a PC you will see the drives on your BB10 device and then you can drag and drop data onto your PC. If that is not the case you won't be able to save anything.
    05-07-19 07:30 PM
    One last question - do you have an sd card in your device? If so, have you removed it and rebooted etc?

To answer your question, if the device does not show up in Windows File Explorer when you plug it into your computer, then I'm afraid you will not be able to back up any data. Normally when plugged in to a PC you will see the drives on your BB10 device and then you can drag and drop data onto your PC. If that is not the case you won't be able to save anything.
    Thank you. I do not have an SD card. I will get one and see if I can transfer files from the phone memory to the SD card. Hopefully that can save me. Would let you know if that works.
    05-07-19 08:02 PM
    Thank you. I do not have an SD card. I will get one and see if I can transfer files from the phone memory to the SD card. Hopefully that can save me. Would let you know if that works.
    You can also plug your phone into your computer and copy all of your media and documents over.
    05-07-19 08:03 PM
    Save all media and photos, audio recordings (if in remember) to the memory card. Audio records to device memory instead, so move that over. So if you gotta start fresh, you won't need to backup anything.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    05-08-19 01:04 AM