I know this has probably been dealt with before, but I think enough time has passed since I saw this mentioned and there might be some new good apps for this.... so what's the best way to get music on the Passport?

The old BB Word Music store was great! But now that's it's gone, I found 7Digital to be a disaster and I don't really want to use another Android port.

Any suggestions?
    MKDS likes this.
    08-11-15 07:29 AM
    My suggestion would be to buy yourself a spotify premium membership and get the android spotify app. If you specifically need music to download to play later while your offline, build an offline playlist (spotify lets you). I haven't tried google music yet, and I heard apple music will also be releasing an android app soon so you could try that too. But I personally have been a spotify premium use for years now, use it across all my devices, and I love it.
    08-11-15 08:24 AM
    My suggestion would be to buy yourself a spotify premium membership and get the android spotify app. If you specifically need music to download to play later while your offline, build an offline playlist (spotify lets you). I haven't tried google music yet, and I heard apple music will also be releasing an android app soon so you could try that too. But I personally have been a spotify premium use for years now, use it across all my devices, and I love it.
    My issue is that I don't need a subscription. I just want to buy the odd song to download it to my device and play offline (like on a plane). One would think that this *should* be relatively easy to do???
    MKDS and chgaida like this.
    08-11-15 08:28 AM
    I would say qobuz. Files are high quality, and there is no use restriction.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 08:47 AM
    I would say qobuz. Files are high quality, and there is no use restriction.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. However Qobuz is not available in Canada.
    08-11-15 08:52 AM
    I know this has probably been dealt with before, but I think enough time has passed since I saw this mentioned and there might be some new good apps for this.... so what's the best way to get music on the Passport?

The old BB Word Music store was great! But now that's it's gone, I found 7Digital to be a disaster and I don't really want to use another Android port.

Any suggestions?
    I use HMV online mobile store and I get mp.3's downloaded directly to my memory card in device.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-11-15 09:35 AM
    I use HMV online mobile store and I get mp.3's downloaded directly to my memory card in device.

HMV is 7Digital. Same app and company. Terrible experience for me.
    08-11-15 09:49 AM
    I use Amazon. I do think the old BlackBerry World was way easier.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:53 AM
    I use Amazon. I do think the old BlackBerry World was way easier.

Posted via CB10
    How do you get music on your Passport with Amazon?
    08-11-15 09:56 AM
    If you like to live on the edge, try mp3fiesta.com.

Albums for $6, tracks for $0.50..

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:57 AM
    I'll be watching this thread. Started a similar one a while back and nothing simple. I know that when BlackBerry removed the music from BlackBerry World, 7digital was forced to make a statement saying that they are still partners with BlackBerry, but it's just not the same and I haven't purchased music since they removed it from BlackBerry World.

Stupid move really unless there was some issue with 7digital that I am missing. Would like to just purchase through Amazon, but was offered a bunch of workarounds. Ehhh.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:05 AM
    HMV is 7Digital. Same app and company. Terrible experience for me.
    Perhaps but its downloaded via their Hmv mobile site. Its for buying music and not for storing or anything else. I don't think its the same. You just buy music and download to your device. It doesnt gravitate to a site like 7digital to buy or download music at least not here in Canada. SO im not sure what you are talking about.

08-11-15 11:55 AM
    When I downloaded the HMV app, it said that I had an existing account. So when I asked for a password reset I got an email from 7Digital.

It's the same service. Even the app is almost the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 12:08 PM
    I have spotify premium, you can cache a lot of music to the device for offline use (like the airplane or out of cell range). Just get the app from Amazon.

The cost is $11.20 total per month, so about the cost of an album of 7 digital. It works well unless you specifically need Taylor Swift 24-7.

I still use 7D for specific album purchasing that I want, if I have to I just use my desktop to download and make a CD, USB or transfer over the music via wifisync via link.. The mobile app works well on the Passport, just try to remove the bar and zoom out for the most view area.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 12:48 PM
    I have spotify premium, you can cache a lot of music to the device for offline use (like the airplane or out of cell range). Just get the app from Amazon.

The cost is $11.20 total per month, so about the cost of an album of 7 digital. It works well unless you specifically need Taylor Swift 24-7.

I still use 7D for specific album purchasing that I want, if I have to I just use my desktop to download and make a CD, USB or transfer over the music via wifisync via link.. The mobile app works well on the Passport, just try to remove the bar and zoom out for the most view area.

Posted via CB10
    I've used 7D and the download bit rate was lower than stated getting lower music quality!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    08-11-15 01:37 PM
    I like using Fast Tube. I'll build a playlist of songs before I go out. There are some limitations...you're not actually "saving" the music and you're stuck with the order you saved the music on...but it works.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:11 PM
    I've liked 7Digital in the past (particularly when they were integrated with BlackBerry World), but I agree that their current app isn't an awesome experience.

I use Google Play music now and I sync my downloaded/purchased music with my Passport.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    08-11-15 02:25 PM
    How do you get music on your Passport with Amazon?
    I copy all of my music from my Mac to a SD card. I don't want music only on my phone.
    You can use Link to sync your music or just copy it over. Blend works too. Buy it on your computer, copy it over.

Posted via CB10
    anon(7915689) and MKDS like this.
    08-11-15 02:26 PM
    I just listen to the radio....or the sirius app.....music would just weigh down the speed and my time looking for music...
    08-11-15 02:38 PM
    I just started to use Amazon Music, I downloaded the app from the Amazon App store. It is linked to my Amazon account. The purchased music can reside in the cloud our you can download to your phone. I tend to download so i have easy access to select the right music for Story Maker
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-11-15 03:08 PM
    Thanks. However Qobuz is not available in Canada.
    Too sad !

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:13 PM
    My favorite was Amazon Mp3...on legacy phones. BlackBerry World & 7Digital don't have as much of a selection, I had a hard time finding certain artists.

I'm currently using the newer Amazon Music store. I'm like you I'd rather download the songs/albums to my sd card to listen anywhere without data because well it's my music.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:15 PM
    Amazon is way to go. Mp3 files can be placed on any device and/or install amazon mp3 app and play from there since your purchases are available on amazon cloud.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    08-11-15 03:16 PM
    With BB10 you don't need an App to download music. Buy it, download it, save it (in the cloud and/or locally) and enjoy! It's very, very easy, and you're not tied to any one service!

Through my public library, I can download 5 rights free songs per week (using Fregal), so I get more than 250 songs a year free, and use HDTracks (for lossless FLAC), Amazon, and direct purchases from musicians. I have completely stopped using iTunes thanks to Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:20 PM
    With BB10 you don't need an App to download music. Buy it, download it, save it (in the cloud and/or locally) and enjoy! It's very, very easy, and you're not tied to any one service!

Through my public library, I can download 5 rights free songs per week (using Fregal), so I get more than 250 songs a year free, and use HDTracks (for lossless FLAC), Amazon, and direct purchases from musicians. I have completely stopped using iTunes thanks to Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    OK how exactly are you doing this because you left out the details?

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-11-15 03:23 PM
86 123 ...