Love my passport. I find at times the keyboard is not very sensitive to touch. This is most noticeable when swiping up to choose one of the three suggested words. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 05:57 PM
    Yes I notice the same thing on mine. It is so unreliable that I hardly use predictive text

Posted via Passport
    10-09-14 06:15 PM
    Has anyone tried the voice to text on the passport. Hold the microphone virtual key (above period). Works great on the passport. Not sure why I don't use this more. Much less effort to say it rather than type it. I guess you might not want to look strange in public places.

Yes I notice the same thing on mine. It is so unreliable that I hardly use predictive text

Posted via Passport
    10-09-14 07:15 PM
    I find this touch sensitive KB to be very good. The trick with flicking is to do as close to the bottom of the KB to avoid touching the virtual KB on the top row.

I typed this reply mostly by just flicking.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:31 PM
    I have found that the sensitivity can be either perfect or TOO sensitive. Think it has something to do with the size of one's fingers

Posted via CB10
    Andrei Balashov likes this.
    10-09-14 08:04 PM
    I find sensitivity to be unreliable. In fact sometimes it just doesn't work at all. Other times it is fine. But the craziest I've seen is that at times it will work in one direction for scrolling but not the other. For example works side to side but not up and down or sometimes vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    Andrei Balashov likes this.
    10-09-14 08:18 PM
    No problem with this!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-09-14 09:31 PM
    Love my passport. I find at times the keyboard is not very sensitive to touch. This is most noticeable when swiping up to choose one of the three suggested words. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    I find the keyboard sensitivity to be superb.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:24 PM
    Has anyone tried the voice to text on the passport. Hold the microphone virtual key (above period). Works great on the passport. Not sure why I don't use this more. Much less effort to say it rather than type it. I guess you might not want to look strange in public places.
    Sometime text someone, its can not speak by voice
    10-09-14 10:26 PM
    no issue at all with the screen.
    anyway, scrolling (above the keypad) - does it always work everywhere? i found some apps where i can't scroll over the keypad, and have to actually touch the screen.
    10-09-14 10:26 PM
    I find sensitivity to be unreliable. In fact sometimes it just doesn't work at all. Other times it is fine. But the craziest I've seen is that at times it will work in one direction for scrolling but not the other. For example works side to side but not up and down or sometimes vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    Might have something to do with focus.
    I've noticed some webpages wouldn't scroll, tapping the body text of the page and voila! keyboard scrolling started working.
    I guess the scroll notifications were going to a sub frame on the page.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:27 PM
    Sometime text someone, its can not speak by voice
    ? I'm sure it can.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:28 PM
    Mines pretty much the same as the screen. No problems, always seems to work as intended. Only app I've found that it doesn't scroll with is the CB10 app, but I can't say I've tried that many apps...
    10-09-14 10:33 PM
    Mines pretty much the same as the screen. No problems, always seems to work as intended. Only app I've found that it doesn't scroll with is the CB10 app, but I can't say I've tried that many apps...
    And how ironic is that?!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:38 PM
    I just got mine last week. It was a bit of a learning curve going from the Classic. The best tip that worked for me was to start swiping from the bottom edge of the phone.
    12-10-16 08:56 AM