Currently have the BlackBerry classic as my daily driver and am curious about the passport. Would either like to add a secondary leisure phone or use it only on WiFi and toggle my Sims when I desire. To afford this I would be unloading my iPad mini 2.

General thoughts or advice welcome..thx

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 09:30 PM
    Ever since I got the Passport, I stopped carrying my Android tablet around. Bring the laptop for when I need it. If you don't need the iOS environment, the Passport is great.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:52 PM
    Thanks for the insight.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:19 AM
    Classic and ipad mini is a very good combo.
    NikoB82 likes this.
    04-02-15 05:25 AM
    I guess I'm trying to rationalize a way to have both of bb's new devices lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:01 AM
    I guess I'm trying to rationalize a way to have both of bb's new devices lol.

Posted via CB10
    I think so too. Lol

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-02-15 07:33 AM
    I dunno. I do love my ipad mini 2 and all the apps it has. GOT is about to start after all.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:06 AM
    Passport is amazing. Got mine yesterday. Didnt bring my iPad to work today and haven't missed or needed it so far. Buying a passport has been the best decision ever!!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:09 AM
    I've had my Passport for about three weeks now. Bought it as a way of curing tablet envy, since I had resisted the temptation for several years now. So far I'eve been very pleased with the compromise that the Passport strikes: smaller than a tablet but still providing the larger, more readable experience. Plus it's a phone - no need for two devices or special configurations. IMO it would be ok for you to shed your iPad and go full-time with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:05 AM
    Currently have the BlackBerry classic as my daily driver and am curious about the passport. Would either like to add a secondary leisure phone or use it only on WiFi and toggle my Sims when I desire. To afford this I would be unloading my iPad mini 2.

Posted via CB10
    The iPad Mini and the Passport were made for different purposes, although there is a lot of overlap in their abilities. A bit like swapping a fork for a knife. Really I would suggest you have a think about what you want from the device, and which will deliver that best. The Passport is currently THE most powerfull BlackBerry EVER made and the general concensus is it's way more innovative and capable than the Classic.

Exiciting times :-)
    04-02-15 09:23 AM
    This seems to be the response whenever someone on these forums asks for advice between BlackBerry and another smartphone (i.e., swapping an orange for an apple, etc). We get it lol. But the truth is, some consumers (like me) want it all but on a budget..so I'm really trying to weigh my options and not be scolded for comparing a BlackBerry to an Apple product! Lol. I'm not a heavy gamer but I do use media like YouTube and ereaders. Netflix and streaming I can do from my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:39 AM
    If you want to carry two devices, Classic and iPad mini are a better combo. If you want to only carry one, the Passport is the way to go IMO(I have all three of these devices).
    BigAl_BB9900 and NikoB82 like this.
    04-02-15 12:17 PM
    I bought and samsung android tab s 8.4 but it was laggy and the os irriated me and also it feels outdated in compare with my passport and Blackberry OS. So I brought it back to the store after a week.

My passport is good enough and quicker.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:15 PM
    If you want to carry two devices, Classic and iPad mini are a better combo. If you want to only carry one, the Passport is the way to go IMO(I have all three of these devices).
    Agree with this. If you give the iPad up, you lose your access to iOS. And having both Classic and Passport at the same time doesn't give you much advantage or enough variety.
    04-02-15 07:16 PM
    I carry the passport and have an iPad air. The iPad is for those times that a larger screen is needed and an app only works on the ios. Those times happen about once a month if that.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:34 PM
    I carry the passport and have an iPad air. The iPad is for those times that a larger screen is needed and an app only works on the ios. Those times happen about once a month if that.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I do too, a Passport and an iPad Air 2.

The Air 2 is not essential to me, like my Passport is though. I bring my iPad pretty much everywhere with me though, because I'm usually talking to people on iMessage or am playing Words With Friends or something. To me, the Passport and the iPad are very different, and I love them both. I don't see how I could replace my iPad with a Passport... and if you were to do the same, you'd just be getting a bigger version of the Classic as your secondary device.. which is perfectly fine since BlackBerry 10 is great. But I never watch things on my Passport like HBO Go or Showtime Anytime or Netflix. I never play games. I leave all that stuff for my iPad.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-02-15 07:50 PM
    If you really like BB10, bit of a tough call. You're losing a fair bit of screen going from iPad Mini to Passport, and of course, less apps, lol. Though I assume you know all about Snap and Cobalt's Play Store apks, so not a huge issue depending on your needs.

Just a thought, you might find it weird going from the different keyboard configurations on Classic and Passport. There's no doubt it's a beautiful screen on the Passport and I personally rate it as the best smartphone I've ever owned, and I also have an iPhone 6 and Nexus 5 (and used Android and iPhones for years before).

Tough call based on your criteria. I picked up a Classic for my Dad and specs aside, I think it's a great device. But if it were me and I had to choose I might opt for the iPad Mini with the Passport. Are you getting the Passport through your carrier or unlocked? There is the 30 day window to return it (though it will cost you in shipping if you're buying direct). Maybe try the Classic with the Passport and set aside the Mini iPad and see if you experience buyers regret. Good luck.
    NikoB82 likes this.
    04-03-15 02:05 PM
    [QUOTE=Reaney;11530420]If you really like BB10, bit of a tough call. You're losing a fair bit of screen going from iPad Mini to Passport, and of course, less apps, lol...

Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can't really plan how this will work out, I found. I wanted the Passport but was thinking I'd leave my SIM in my Z10 and use that as my phone, because of the easier to handle size. I was going to get a SIM for my Passport with data only and use it as a tablet as my current Android tablet is fairly laggy.

So what ended up happening was the Passport came in (in white) and my eyes fell in love with it. My fingers weren't so sure, but after 3 days became convinced it was true love. Needless to say my Z10 hasn't been used as a phone since and I have barely used my tablet other than watching Netflix in bed while staying in a hotel.

In my case I tried very hard to justify multiple devices and in the end, this damned Passport replaced them all.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:51 PM
    I wouldn't. I'd off-load the Classic, get the Passport, and keep the iPad.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-03-15 04:58 PM
    Since I got the Passport I no longer need to carry a tablet with me (was usually my old trusty PlayBook, but quite often an iPad mini) to review documents, spreadsheets, powerpoints, and various daily reports. Depends what your needs are.

My only regret re: no longer carrying a tablet with me.....
    .... is that I can't find a Scrabble programme for the Passport. (If anyone knows of one, please let me know).
    NikoB82 likes this.
    04-03-15 06:27 PM
    [QUOTE=NikoB82;11530640]
    If you really like BB10, bit of a tough call. You're losing a fair bit of screen going from iPad Mini to Passport, and of course, less apps, lol...

Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    No problem, I hope you are happy with your ultimate decision. Best of luck.
    04-03-15 06:58 PM
    Since I got the Passport I no longer need to carry a tablet with me (was usually my old trusty PlayBook, but quite often an iPad mini) to review documents, spreadsheets, powerpoints, and various daily reports. Depends what your needs are.

My only regret re: no longer carrying a tablet with me.....
    .... is that I can't find a Scrabble programme for the Passport. (If anyone knows of one, please let me know).
    Does it have to be a BB10 native app? There's several in the Amazon App Store, just search Scrabble and you'll get lots of hits.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-03-15 07:06 PM
    Does it have to be a BB10 native app? There's several in the Amazon App Store, just search Scrabble and you'll get lots of hits.
    Thanks - I've just had another go at downloading some Scrabble apps.... two of them didn't want to work, but the third was the charm (though I just had to fork out �3 for 'Classic Words Plus')
    04-03-15 07:47 PM
    If I had anything apple it would be gone.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:02 PM
32 12