Have a Passport Silver Edition, used to automatically backup perfectly. Everything else still works just fine, it syncs Calendar, Outlook, images, video and documents without any issues at all but it will not backup. I can access the memory from my computer as well. When attempting to backup, it always eventually displays a message that backup didn't complete and I need to make sure my device is connected and turned on. I am using Windows 10 Pro, I even uninstalled my Symantec Endpoint Protection which I had running when everything was working perfectly as well. I disabled Windows Firewall as well. I have Link set to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7, I have plenty of room on the hard drive where the backup destination is. This is driving me crazy.

Just adding this, I also uninstalled Link, Blend and drivers and re-installed everything.
    05-27-17 08:55 AM
    Time to try something else. Download and use Sachesi OR DBBT (Darcy's BB tool) and do your backup from that. Just search CB forum to find either one.
    05-27-17 08:59 AM
    Try Ultimate Backup from BlackBerry Android.
    05-27-17 09:29 AM
    Truly weird. I just cleared out my images and videos and now backup works perfectly. I wonder if there is a max size or a max quantity of files backup allows? I can't believe that was it, I have been fiddling with this for months. Funny enough, I never used to sync my images and videos and I guess I never really paid attention to the syncing which brought back all the images I deleted after moving them to my desktop. Lesson learned.
    05-27-17 10:23 AM
    Truly weird. I just cleared out my images and videos and now backup works perfectly. I wonder if there is a max size or a max quantity of files backup allows? I can't believe that was it, I have been fiddling with this for months. Funny enough, I never used to sync my images and videos and I guess I never really paid attention to the syncing which brought back all the images I deleted after moving them to my desktop. Lesson learned.
    Don't rely on Link for anything. It is no longer supported and could die or fail at any moment.
    05-27-17 10:35 AM
    Yeah, I am a little put off by that. I was a dedicated supporter, never had anything but BB, love the BB operating system, hate Android and iPhone with a passion, I have no idea what my next phone will be if BB has just become another Android. Would have been a bit different if they hadn't started manufacturing the same low quality as typical Androids which are constantly breaking. Oh well, I guess like everything else, quality goes away and we have to comply with what the masses choose, even if they happen to choose crap over quality.
    05-27-17 10:45 AM
    I think windows 10 could be the problem. I use legacy OS's for legacy devices. My blackberries are used on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Had no problems backing up my data. All media stuff is save to the SD card by default. Then it's drag and drop to wherever I want. I'm not taking the chance of losing functionality of my work flow because MS updates. Sometimes you have to find other methods of doing things when you're using BBOS, and BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 11:44 AM
    Yeah, I am a little put off by that. I was a dedicated supporter, never had anything but BB, love the BB operating system, hate Android and iPhone with a passion, I have no idea what my next phone will be if BB has just become another Android. Would have been a bit different if they hadn't started manufacturing the same low quality as typical Androids which are constantly breaking. Oh well, I guess like everything else, quality goes away and we have to comply with what the masses choose, even if they happen to choose crap over quality.
    Disagree 100%. Build quality has been excellent, and BlackBerry Android is the closest thing you'll ever get to BB10.
    05-27-17 11:55 AM
    I think windows 10 could be the problem. I use legacy OS's for legacy devices. My blackberries are used on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Had no problems backing up my data. All media stuff is save to the SD card by default. Then it's drag and drop to wherever I want. I'm not taking the chance of losing functionality of my work flow because MS updates. Sometimes you have to find other methods of doing things when you're using BBOS, and BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that was an issue when I first upgraded to Win 10 but running in Windows 7 compatibility mode took care of that and it was flawless for a very long time till a few months ago. Got her working now so we will see how long this stays functioning.
    05-27-17 12:29 PM
    BlackBerry PassPort & BlackBerry PassPort Silver Edition backed up last week and last night was all about using the correct charging cables. Utilising latest Window 10 & Link. Try this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1108788

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 01:30 AM
    Link still works for my Passport but I have 100% of my stuff in the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 03:50 PM
    BlackBerry PassPort & BlackBerry PassPort Silver Edition backed up last week and last night was all about using the correct charging cables. Utilising latest Window 10 & Link. Try this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1108788

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot for the link. This has saved me a ton of ridiculous headache with this issue. Almost went back to my Z30 (which I still might due to rebooting issues with my PPSE).
    Last edited by JNorth22; 06-25-17 at 12:18 PM. Reason: To quote the post I'm replying to.
    06-25-17 12:16 PM