Hey everyone,

I was going to be sending my passport to blackberry's RMA dept. for a same device repair order under warranty due to a bright spot in the center of the screen. I started a security wipe on the device last night and it's still going (20hrs later). It went to about 50% in two hrs. And has been crawling ever since. It took 6 hrs to get from 95-96%........ and has been stuck at 96 for the past few hrs now.

Should I touch it or wait a while more? Anyone else ever experience this?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:25 PM
    All depends on how much stuff you had in the Passport. But 20 hrs is a bit much.
    07-09-15 06:28 PM
    It should only take an hour or two at the most!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-09-15 06:37 PM
    the largest thing was 6gb of media, but still...20 freaking hours.....

I called the RMA dept. to tell them what was going on, and the guy said to hold the power button, and it restarted the wipe from 0%! he told me to power the device off and send it as is, but it wont shut off. If I do anything with the power button, it just turns back on and restarts the wipe., but he was insisting that it should shut off. eventually he said to just pack it and send it running.....

also, he couldn't understand why I even started the security whipe in the first place.....I told him I have sensitive personal and work data on the device which I wont ship the device with. He still sounded confused though.

What kind of clowns do they have working in the RMA dept. at Blackberry?
    07-09-15 06:50 PM
    also forgot to mention, my Passport is the shop blackberry version, with the newest 10.3.2 software. I dont remember the number, but it just updated yesterday on BB link a little while before I initiated the wipe.
    07-09-15 06:57 PM
    Hey everyone,

I was going to be sending my passport to blackberry's RMA dept. for a same device repair order under warranty due to a bright spot in the center of the screen. I started a security wipe on the device last night and it's still going (20hrs later). It went to about 50% in two hrs. And has been crawling ever since. It took 6 hrs to get from 95-96%........ and has been stuck at 96 for the past few hrs now.

Posted via CB10
    You won't get your same device back.......... been there done that.... you may as well have just got an advanced exchange.....

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 07:42 PM
    Hey everyone,

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Started wipe at 6pm last night and got up this morning about 7am and it was still going. Did the same and restarted it and it was pretty fast up to about 50% and then started crawling again. At 91% 5 hours in.
    07-10-15 12:27 PM
    Anyway to correct this? Mine appears to be stuck at 91%.......
    07-10-15 12:35 PM
    the largest thing was 6gb of media, but still...20 freaking hours.....

I called the RMA dept. to tell them what was going on, and the guy said to hold the power button, and it restarted the wipe from 0%! he told me to power the device off and send it as is, but it wont shut off. If I do anything with the power button, it just turns back on and restarts the wipe., but he was insisting that it should shut off. eventually he said to just pack it and send it running.....

also, he couldn't understand why I even started the security whipe in the first place.....I told him I have sensitive personal and work data on the device which I wont ship the device with. He still sounded confused though.

What kind of clowns do they have working in the RMA dept. at Blackberry?
    Try volume up and down at the same time for about 30 seconds or sooner if it shuts off.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:16 PM
    The easiest 'security wipe' process is to enter your password wrong for 5 times...

Posted via CB10
    blambtn likes this.
    07-10-15 09:42 PM