Hey guys!

I'm giving my Q10 to a friend so I wanted to delete all my data so I went to Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe....for the last 40 min the phone's stuck on a stupid icon which keeps loading and loading....then I tried 2 batterry pulls but that won't work...as soon as I turn it back on it's the same....I tried to hold down the power button and that restarts it then it's back to the same state....how do I reanimate my Q10 from the dead ? pls help ! Ty
    11-06-14 03:11 PM
    Ermm why did u pull the battery!!???!! Security wipes can take a few hrs my friend lol. My Z30 when I wiped it a mth ago, took a few hrs to complete. Seriously just let it complete, don't pull the battery out. If it still hasn't completed after 24 hrs then you have a problem.

Hope you haven't messed it up by pulling the battery.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:23 PM
    Well I guess I messed it up cuz it shows empty batterry...then I put it on charge and as I boot it up it says BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US

Someone halp
    11-06-14 03:41 PM
    I can't seem to open that as it looks like a webpage -it redirects me then it fails to load someone pls help
    11-06-14 03:46 PM
    Don't know if it'll work but you can try hooking up to link and reloading the software or download an autoloader from the leak forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:47 PM
    I guess you have to run a autoloader to reinstall your OS. Go true the setup process and then a security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:47 PM
    Yeah, you killed your phone with your lack of patience. Hopefully you can reload it with an autoloader, and then wipe, but just plug it in and let it do its thing.

Passport on Wind
    11-06-14 03:52 PM
    Don't worry too much. I did this except after I pulled the battery it just said I had to reload the software.

I would connect it to a computer and try running an autoloader to get the software back on the device.

Next time, unless you have EXTREMELY sensitive information(like US bomb codes) I would just go ahead and use an autoloader(as they auto clear the space anyways[Not as secure as a security wipe though])
    11-06-14 03:55 PM
    I tried the steps provided here KB34045-How to clean reload the BlackBerry 10 OS or BlackBerry PlayBook OS using BlackBerry Link but that didn't work -I'm in such panic please someone help
    11-06-14 04:06 PM
    I just wiped my Q10 yesterday. It took 2 hours

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:06 PM
    What else could I try guys ? :/ how to run that autoloader or is that the thing I already tried ? god I'm so stupiD !
    11-06-14 04:07 PM
    Well the problem with the Link wipe is that I start it -the device goes black for a second and the notification light goes Green -then suddenly it stops (the link UI interface becomes greyed out) and everything goes back to the start -it keeps showing that error
    11-06-14 04:08 PM
    Download the autoloader for the Q10, once downloaded click on the. Exe file and it will open up a command window, connect your phone and start the autoloader and it should re-load the OS and also wipe your device as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:12 PM
    I managed to reload it guys -it's now with the factory settings and latest OS -thanks all for the help and the directions I really appreciate it ! Great community, thanks once again.

Regards! :X <3
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    11-06-14 04:36 PM
    I managed to reload it guys -it's now with the factory settings and latest OS -thanks all for the help and the directions I really appreciate it ! Great community, thanks once again.

Regards! :X <3
    good lad!
    11-06-14 05:46 PM