Hi, I have the blackberry passport, I did the factory reset or security wipe from my phone, because somebody recommend it, well any ways I did yesterday perform the security wipe like around 3pm right now is 9am next day and still stock 97% in deleting data is this normal? that it will take that long to perform security wipe/factory reset?

Thanks
    07-19-15 08:55 AM
    Typical wipes are 15-30 minutes.
    I'd reboot your Passport or connect it to BlackBerry Link to restart the application

Hope that helps
    wdiazmarin likes this.
    07-19-15 09:24 AM
    Hi, I have the blackberry passport, I did the factory reset or security wipe from my phone, because somebody recommend it, well any ways I did yesterday perform the security wipe like around 3pm right now is 9am next day and still stock 97% in deleting data is this normal? that it will take that long to perform security wipe/factory reset?

Thanks
    There have been reports of successful wipes having taken 3 days.

Personally I would have used an autoloader instead. Takes 10 minutes. Then you can run a security wipe after, and it would only take 15 minutes or so.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    wdiazmarin likes this.
    07-19-15 09:31 AM
    What about if by doing that will take the exact time that is taking right now?
    07-19-15 10:04 AM
    Wow 3 days, that is a long time without a phone, but my best bet right now I guess will be to wait right now is at 98% I guess I wait and see hopefully is done by today.
    07-19-15 10:06 AM
    Security wipes go much faster if you delete all of your add on apps first.

 Classic
    umBBerto likes this.
    07-19-15 11:29 AM
    Hi, yes I understand, but I didn't know that it was going to take that long I understand 1 hour maybe 2 but take a whole day to do just a security wipe, I think is just too much, and is not even finish still, but I guess I will wait and see.
    07-19-15 12:17 PM
    How long did it finally take you? I'm pushing the 20 hour mark now.
    08-05-15 01:24 PM
    If it doesn't wipe within the hour...I reboot

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    09-10-15 04:16 PM
    It depends how much data you have stored on your device. If it's 75% full then it's likely to take hours rather than minutes. If you're a data hoarder like me, expect a good 3, 4 or even 5 hours.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-10-15 06:28 PM
    So my SE passport was having some issues at the beginning, so I did a data wipe. I didn't have too much on it as I keep a memory card, but it took a long long time. It started normally but after 2 days it seemed stuck on 99% forever. Then for some reason, it started over again. When it's in the data wipe, the computer won't recognize it at all. Then I read somewhere that holding the power up an down button for longer than 30 seconds, ignoring the first screenshot will reset the device, allowing you to do do software reload. This was the only thing that worked after 6 days without my device and countless calls to the support centre.
    I know this is an old post, but people may look at it for future reference.
    09-10-15 08:42 PM