This pertains to both the passport and z10 since I have both.
    1. Does a secure wipe completely remove the operating system and then reinstall it as comparable when you format a windows computer and then do a fresh install
    2. Since I bought both phones from blackberry they came with many apps already installed like box Evernote etc. During the process will it know the apps should be reinstalled or must I do individually
    3. Is there any possibility that the phones might become bricked due to an unsuccessful install of the secure wipe

I've been hijacked by malware I believe when I try To use my browser so I'm considering this drastic step. Everytime I go online I get redirected to their website. I've tweaked the phones. Cleared the cache. Etc. Thanks for any advice

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:08 PM
    1. Does a secure wipe completely remove the operating system and then reinstall it as comparable when you format a windows computer and then do a fresh install
    2. Since I bought both phones from blackberry they came with many apps already installed like box Evernote etc. During the process will it know the apps should be reinstalled or must I do individually
    3. Is there any possibility that the phones might become bricked due to an unsuccessful install of the secure wipe
    1. I don't think it is quite the same as that, no.
    2. I would expect the ones that came with the OS to still be present. Others can be quickly and easily downloaded on the "my world" tab in BBW.
    3. Soft bricking is always a possibility, but shouldn't happen if you wait for the wipe to finish (can take days in some cases, based on reports on CB)

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000033591

Personally I would just reload the OS using the BlackBerry Link software. The phone will be wiped and the OS reinstalled. You are not passing the phone on, so a security wipe is overkill.

I've been hijacked by malware I believe when I try To use my browser so I'm considering this drastic step. Everytime I go online I get redirected to their website. I've tweaked the phones. Cleared the cache. Etc. Thanks for any advice
    What apps have you downloaded recently?
    What website are you being redirected to?
    Is this happening on both your devices?
    If so, did it start happening on both devices at the same time?
    Is this happening on Wifi as well as mobile data?

Edit:
    This may be really dumb, but I assume the redirection you are talking about is not just your homepage being shown when you open the browser?
    ie. browser settings, display and actions, on startup show...
    10-06-15 03:36 PM
    Security wipe will erase all user apps and data. It will not re-install the OS, it will just revert to factory settings.

Using an autoloader or reloading OS with Link would be quicker.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-06-15 03:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    1) Just removes data back to factory settings... OS remains.

2) Facotry settings only, anything you installed you'll have to reinstall.

3) Yes... it has happened.

As conite said.. using LINK or an Autoloader is usually quicker. And with an Autoloader you can also install a newer version of the OS than what you might have now.
    10-06-15 03:49 PM
    Hey everyone thanks. From a non techy novice. I'll reload using link or autoloader and forget the secure wipe

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-06-15 04:22 PM
    Always surprises me that they still have not gotten the secure wipe to work properly every time...
    10-06-15 04:33 PM
    -&60ZX,

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:52 PM