Hello all,

I managed to get to a Telus store here in Toronto to test out the Passport. It was phenomenal. I can't wait to get my hands on one. However, I need to compose emails and text messages in multiple languages. I'm not sure how the Passport accomodates users who need different keyboards for different languages. Does a language specific keyboard pop on in the touchscreen once you touch the "change language" icon?
    Would greatly appreciate the help.
    09-29-14 05:48 PM
    Hello all,

I managed to get to a Telus store here in Toronto to test out the Passport. It was phenomenal. I can't wait to get my hands on one. However, I need to compose emails and text messages in multiple languages. I'm not sure how the Passport accomodates users who need different keyboards for different languages. Does a language specific keyboard pop on in the touchscreen once you touch the "change language" icon?
    Would greatly appreciate the help.
    Settings > Language.
    Once you setup your secondary languages it'll use on the fly just by correctly typing the words/letters you use of that other language ... OR the "," (comma) key ends up with a globe icon on it and you can use that to switch like every other phone.
    09-29-14 06:34 PM
    Thanks! But what if I use a language like Arabic, that use different characters that are not on the physical keyboard? How will I know which letter corresponds to the correct key on the keyboard? If you're a Passport user, I'd appreciate if you can give it a try and see what happens.
    09-29-14 06:41 PM
    Do we need to "hold" the "comma" virtual key to switch language? Or is there a short-cut for that? On my Q10 10.3 it doesn't automatically identify secondary languages on the fly. Thanks a lot!
    10-02-14 08:19 AM
    Yes you do. Same way as on the Z's on screen keyboard.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    10-02-14 09:54 AM
    10-09-14 09:39 PM