So I had a BB Passport with a screen lift issue (VF Romania), it happened 6 months into owning it. I went to VF, they sent me to a service, the service told me they couldn't fix it so I should talk to VF for a new one. Sure enough, VF gave me a new one. Another 5 months in, the bottom right corner is lifting again... The phone has had a case since it was bought, even a screen protector, I've been more careful with it than with my car, my dog or anything else.

I bought the Passport chiefly because of its QWERTY keyboard, and secondly because it could run Google Play or Android apps. The latter proved to be somewhat harder than rooting an Android phone and drains battery, isn't really optimal in any sense and kills Google Services for apps I use regularly, such as Google Maps. And no, in this end of the world, BB Maps is useless for traffic or voice navigation, and outdated. Strangely enough, while its maps are relatively useless, Romanian voice recognition and typing is stellar. Go figure.. I use Facebook Lite instead of Facebook, anything even remotely connected to my gmail account has to go through the browser, because BB won't play nice with Google (or the other way around).

After the Priv came out, I realized BB10, for all its security and bells and whistles, is dead.

So I'm disappointed. Blah to Blackberry. I'll see what comes out after the Priv, because I'm not biting into another disappointment, and I might buy back into this brand. I have to learn how to use screen keyboards again, this sucks.
    03-06-16 10:04 AM
    Have you taking the second unit back for a warranty replacement? I would think it would not be an issue since you have already had one when the same issue replaced in the past? I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your passport, I have had several passports since the device launched and haven't have any of the screen lifting issues on any of the devices. I hope everything works out for you.
    mihnead likes this.
    03-06-16 10:18 AM
    well, actually i want to call the service company, lay out the problem and simply ask them for a swap, because i won't go through the whole thing again, i have to be honest..
    03-06-16 10:46 AM
    There are plenty of native maps that work well. Google maps is good but I dread using its unintuitive UI.
    Screen lift, is a pain in the ***. BlackBerry has **** quality control. Their manufacturer is garbage. It's disappointing. I've gone through 5 passports before I settled on one which is almost perfect. Screen lift will happen again though. Some have said just putting a tiny dab of super glue will fix it though.
    No phone is perfect though, it is what it is.
    03-06-16 10:52 AM
    There are plenty of native maps that work well. Google maps is good but I dread using its unintuitive UI.
    Screen lift, is a pain in the ***. BlackBerry has **** quality control. Their manufacturer is garbage. It's disappointing. I've gone through 5 passports before I settled on one which is almost perfect. Screen lift will happen again though. Some have said just putting a tiny dab of super glue will fix it though.
    No phone is perfect though, it is what it is.
    Screen lift is likely the way the user handles the phone. My Passport is either in a shirt pocket or suit pocket. Occasionally in my front Jean pocket...but I don't wear tight jeans). Never had a problem with my first one (Nov 2014 to July 2015) or my second one (July 2015 to present/March 2016).

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    03-06-16 11:07 AM
    So I had a BB Passport with a screen lift issue (VF Romania), it happened 6 months into owning it. I went to VF, they sent me to a service, the service told me they couldn't fix it so I should talk to VF for a new one. Sure enough, VF gave me a new one. Another 5 months in, the bottom right corner is lifting again... The phone has had a case since it was bought, even a screen protector, I've been more careful with it than with my car, my dog or anything else.

I bought the Passport chiefly because of its QWERTY keyboard, and secondly because it could run Google Play or Android apps. The latter proved to be somewhat harder than rooting an Android phone and drains battery, isn't really optimal in any sense and kills Google Services for apps I use regularly, such as Google Maps. And no, in this end of the world, BB Maps is useless for traffic or voice navigation, and outdated. Strangely enough, while its maps are relatively useless, Romanian voice recognition and typing is stellar. Go figure.. I use Facebook Lite instead of Facebook, anything even remotely connected to my gmail account has to go through the browser, because BB won't play nice with Google (or the other way around).

After the Priv came out, I realized BB10, for all its security and bells and whistles, is dead.

So I'm disappointed. Blah to Blackberry. I'll see what comes out after the Priv, because I'm not biting into another disappointment, and I might buy back into this brand. I have to learn how to use screen keyboards again, this sucks.
    2 Passports, no issues with either: one frombTelus, one from Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:37 AM
    I don't think it has anything to do with putting it in your pocket. To me it's a poor quality glue holding the screen down and when it gets warm enough starts separating from the phone. I've had two with the issue and keep it in a suit pocket and never in a back pocket or in tight jeans.
    BBRYQ10, mihnead and nappalonia like this.
    03-06-16 02:04 PM
    Mine always seems to flatten back down to normal if I apply a slight twisting pressure. Mines been in a hard case since day 1 as well. I always know I'm going to have a lifted corner if I happen to squish my coat pocket where I keep my Passport for any length of time.

Doesn't take much.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 03:25 PM
    I've had two do it now and both within a couple of months of each other. I'm at the point where I can't really be bothered sending the phone back under warranty via Amazon and going through all the processes of backing up posting etc. This is clearly a manufacturing fault so I don't know why it keeps getting defended with how you carry your phone.

BlackBerry should either give you a choice of a new different device or fix the phone with something that will last and return the device. Giving you another Passport is not acceptable. I'm currently stuck in a contract with a device I no longer want because I have no faith it won't happen again if I get another and BlackBerry are standing back and not getting involved even though it's clearly their issue leaving me to battle it out with Amazon and my provider.

Posted via CB10
    NexusLexus and nappalonia like this.
    03-07-16 03:38 PM
    Put your Passport face down on a flat surface. Then touch the opposite corners. If it moves on when pressing on 2 opposite corners (the one with the screen lift and the opposite one in diagonal) it is bended. When you press on the other 2 corners you will see it is contact with flat surface. That was what happened with mine.
    I twisted it back to it's form almost every day for a couple of weeks and now it is fixed.

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    03-08-16 03:32 PM
    SECOND Passport with screen lift issue... WTH BB?-how_to_twist.jpg

Read the instructions.

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    03-08-16 04:09 PM
    Yeah that's what happened with my first phone but this one is straight as a dye. It's only 2month old and I treat it with kid gloves.

I actually sort of fixed it today but it won't last I'm sure. I can't really be bothered going through the process of sending it back again. You shouldn't have to really.

I was looking through some pictures of a new screen today by accident. Wasn't looking for one and I noticed how slim the bezel is around the edge. I'm not surprised the glue doesn't hold. I'm surprised how little of the frame they have left to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 04:10 PM
    VM

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 07:49 PM
    No issues with my Passport and I've had it over a year and dropped it at least 5 times without a case. Like a rock!
    03-08-16 11:02 PM
    No issues with my Passport and I've had it over a year and dropped it at least 5 times without a case. Like a rock!
    I've no doubt you haven't, the issue here isn't whether the phone can take a fall it's a manufacturing issue where the very thin (talking about a mm here) piece of double sided tape that holds the edge of the screen on on keeps the screen glued to the body which in many, many cases doesn't. Just type BlackBerry Passport screen lift into a search engine and fill you boots.

Any phones that suffered should be recalled and a better solution found but that won't happen. Sending out another device which could do the same is just going to cause hassle with your provider when you send back 2/3 units.

This is probably my last BlackBerry anyway so I can't really be bothered with the hassle. If I email them and they are willing to send a different device I would be keen but I suspect they'll send another Passport. Maybe I'll do that and sell it as new still boxed which is what I should have done last time.

In the mean time what I've done is hold the phone over a butane gas fire until the screen was quite warm the put this clip I have for my fish tank on it with some toilet paper between the glass to prevent marking the screen and left it for a few hours to cool down. Did it yesterday and it's still alright. Not sure how long for.

SECOND Passport with screen lift issue... WTH BB?-img_20160309_093223.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 03:50 AM
    So pathetic that someone cant reglue it for you. I have watched a screen replacement video for this phone.it does not look hard at all. People here have carefully installed some superglue into the crack and clamped for a good permanent fix. If a shop doesn't want to repair a Passport then its because they are just scared to do it and do not have good common sense.
    03-09-16 09:20 AM
    Screen lift is a manufacturing defect! It has nothing to do with users carrying the phone in the pocket of skinny jeans, gesh. I wish people would stop with that crap🤔
    AWB70, sesp9 and NexusLexus like this.
    03-09-16 09:33 AM
    Screen lift is a manufacturing defect! It has nothing to do with users carrying the phone in the pocket of skinny jeans, gesh. I wish people would stop with that crap🤔
    I guess I was lucky on my two red Passports. No screen lift.

NexusLexus likes this.
    03-09-16 12:12 PM
    So pathetic that someone cant reglue it for you. I have watched a screen replacement video for this phone.it does not look hard at all. People here have carefully installed some superglue into the crack and clamped for a good permanent fix. If a shop doesn't want to repair a Passport then its because they are just scared to do it and do not have good common sense.
    I've seen that video and the screen is the last thing to come off. With a phone under warranty, not a chance.

Bear in mind were on about super gluing screens on to phones here. I also see posts about putting tape and bits of sponge on privs. It's just not good enough is it?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 03:13 PM
    I guess I was lucky on my two red Passports. No screen lift.

You weren't lucky, but some of us were unlucky.
    03-13-16 05:42 PM