Saw this phone and reallllly liked it!
    And then i got concerned.

I keep reading how people get disappointed with the keyboard because the numbers and symbols are "on screen".
    While this is a bummer (and it is..) i'd like to ask:
    what about another language?? i mean in so many countries people use more than just english!!

Personally, i'm using symbols, numbers and a second language too often to have this small of a screen covered with a keyboard half of the time.
    Seeing those screenshot of numbers on screen - that's expensive real estate i cannot pay on a screen that small!
    This sucks! Is this a phone for English users only??

I realize an e-paper keyboard is not coming. ok. 1 dream gone.
    but come on!! switching languages means on screen typing?!?

Granted, it's a longshot, but @Bla1ze / Kevin - what are the odds of seeing a passport with a full keyboard??
    (Alternatively - A Q10 with the passport's dimensions+screen)
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    06-25-14 05:45 PM
    ****, it keeps getting worse then I thought...
    I switch from English/Italian to Japanese using ALT+ENTER... that cannot be changed with word prediction.
    06-25-14 05:54 PM
    "Classic" in your case! The passport has still to be emproved!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-25-14 06:26 PM
    Second language on the passport's keyboard-passport2-1000x747.jpg
    Simply

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    06-25-14 06:30 PM
    "simply" what?
    I cannot see any "change language" button. Like we needed another virtual button to take space of the BlackBerry smallest screen ever for a "full" querty.
    06-25-14 06:38 PM
    "simply" what?
    I cannot see any "change language" button. Like we needed another virtual button to take space of the BlackBerry smallest screen ever for a "full" querty.
    Seems like BlackBerry is unable to make you happy , so maybe you should use another "perfect " device that can accommodate your needs. If I was so discontent with a device, frankly I would switch. Life is too short.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 08:27 PM
    He is just posting his concerns. Nothing wrong with that.

Seems like BlackBerry is unable to make you happy , so maybe you should use another "perfect " device that can accommodate your needs. If I was so discontent with a device, frankly I would switch. Life is too short.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    06-25-14 08:38 PM
    The point is that I'd love to switch... but I am forced not to.
    viper-85 likes this.
    06-26-14 02:40 AM
    So THIS is the problem that comes with all those leaked information...
    People start to "wonder", "scream out their concerns" without knowing how it will work. They sometimes even **** on BlackBerry head without knowing what or how...

Yes you may wonder. But it seems like a lot of people over here are getting "mad" about something they don't know yet...

Just sit down, relax and wait until you held the device, used it and felt how it works...

After all, it's just a phone...isn't it?
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-26-14 02:47 AM
    The one thing I'm concerned about is the space bar being on the same line with the "zxcvbnm" instead of below them.. that could take a lot of getting used to..
    Add the no shift, alt or sym keys have successfully lessened the efficiency of the keyboard's blind typing ability.. which is usually #1 reason people pick a qwerty phone. I'm still waiting for the hands on videos before making my final judgment tho

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    viper-85 likes this.
    06-26-14 03:00 AM
    So THIS is the problem that comes with all those leaked information...
    People start to "wonder", "scream out their concerns" without knowing how it will work. They sometimes even **** on BlackBerry head without knowing what or how...

Yes you may wonder. But it seems like a lot of people over here are getting "mad" about something they don't know yet...

Just sit down, relax and wait until you held the device, used it and felt how it works...

After all, it's just a phone...isn't it?
    This forum is for an unreleased phone. That's what they opened it for..
    I honestly think this is exactly the place to voice concerns..

Now, If i'm way off and the keyboard is infact e-paper or some other invention the will NOT require taking half of my screen to type in another language - that's great!
    But that's what we do here - get excited and get frustrated, concerned or happy.. we're all part of a community we care about here. we want this product to succeed in ALLOOTT of markets!

So i don't know about the others but i sure as hell not going to **** on BB, i'm here because i care.
    Plus - no harm if our thoughts will end up getting to BB through some of the people here
    06-26-14 03:08 AM
    Relax everyone, there is a button on the always visible contextual set of keys.

Second language on the passport's keyboard-symbols_1.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 03:21 AM
    Also, you should try turning language detection on and let the device do it for you. I use 2 languages every day and it works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 03:23 AM
    Also, you should try turning language detection on and let the device do it for you. I use 2 languages every day and it works like a charm.
    Also, you should try reading... there have been examples of different alphabets (Japanese in this thread, Cyrillic and Arabian here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...guages-941633/)
    You cannot use language detection for changing the alphabet.
    06-26-14 03:50 AM
    Also, you should try reading... there have been examples of different alphabets (Japanese in this thread, Cyrillic and Arabian here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...guages-941633/)
    You cannot use language detection for changing the alphabet.
    Wasn't aware of that, no need for that tone. And as you can see from the screenshot above, changing from English to Japanese will be possible.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 04:00 AM
    Wasn't aware of that, no need for that tone. And as you can see from the screenshot above, changing from English to Japanese will be possible.

Posted via CB10
    yes, it will.
    the Japanese keyboard will take half of the screen (which is small enough).
    That's not the reason people get a physical keyboard phone.

Bottom line -- for second-language users this phone will do little good.
    06-26-14 09:19 AM
    Second language on the passport's keyboard-img_20140626_172505.png

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    06-26-14 09:25 AM
    yes, it will.
    the Japanese keyboard will take half of the screen (which is small enough).
    That's not the reason people get a physical keyboard phone.

Bottom line -- for second-language users this phone will do little good.
    Why? What's wrong with the always visible virtual button?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not about the switching button, it's about the language letters themselves... if the keyboard will only have English printed on it (which I highly doubt if they want to sell any of these in the middle east) here we have arabic letters printed on our physical keyboards in orange..

Second language on the passport's keyboard-img_20140626_183702.jpg

06-26-14 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not about the switching button, it's about the language letters themselves... if the keyboard will only have English printed on it (which I highly doubt if they want to sell any of these in the middle east) here we have arabic letters printed on our physical keyboards in orange..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140626_183702.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	280717

Yep, Same goes for all of the other langauges..
    This solution does not fit Second/Third langauge typing.
    Again - if i know i need another language and that it's gonna be on-screen - i need another screen - a bigger one.
    06-28-14 05:00 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140626_183702.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	280717

So what makes you think they won't print Arabic letters on the Middle East model?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 11:38 AM
    So what makes you think they won't print Arabic letters on the Middle East model?

Posted via CB10
    They did . I don't remember where I saw it but I've seen the Arabic model of the Passport.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-28-14 11:41 AM
    They did . I don't remember where I saw it but I've seen the Arabic model of the Passport.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175

Second language on the passport's keyboard-1403815486423_788660.jpeg

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    Dave Bourque and wincyUt like this.
    06-28-14 12:03 PM
    Hi guys,I need the Cyrillic version keyboard ,(like the Arabic one here). But where could zi buy it?!? I asked directly via Twitter BlackBerry, doubt they'd inform.me... Thank you in any csse
    11-20-14 01:59 PM
    I have the passport with the arabic keyboard, one solution for ur problem if you use a lot of number and symbols is that you can just swipe down on the keyboard and then press the keys on the keyboard that are matched with the numbers and symbols, it saves you from having to press the touch screen, and when used to you can do it really quickly just like pressing the alt button.
    Second language on the passport's keyboard-img_20141120_233555.png
    As you can see in the screenshot, if I wanted to insert the number 2 I would just swipe down and then press E on the physical keyboard.

Posted from my flawless and amazing BlackBerry Passport. #LebanonBB
    alan510 and Plamenito like this.
    11-20-14 03:36 PM
29 12