Anyone have random reboots? I had 4 now with first time about 5 days after getting it. I know I can return. Unfortunately, shopbb said I'm not guaranteed a new one if I exchange. Running sw that came with it 2339.

Just curious if I'm the only one.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 07:46 PM
    That sucks, i would return it, mine has been flawless.
    08-19-15 07:51 PM
    Anyone have random reboots? I had 4 now with first time about 5 days after getting it. I know I can return. Unfortunately, shopbb said I'm not guaranteed a new one if I exchange. Running sw that came with it 2339.

Just curious if I'm the only one.

Posted via CB10
    Never had a random reboot on this OS. Perhaps there's an app that you installed causing problems?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-19-15 07:56 PM
    Never had a random reboot on this OS. Perhaps there's an app that you installed causing problems?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Talked to tech service and they had me wipe device and want to run clean for 24 hours. I will check my apps. Haven't installed anything out of the ordinary. Same apps as my OG passport. I will take a couple off that I haven't installed on the OG and see. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 08:05 PM
    Me too my SE is havin random reboots 2 to 3 times a day, mine is about a week old running sofware 10.3.2.2226 on Rogers any help out there ?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 09:16 PM
    Wow I can't believe this is starting, I would send it back for warranty.
    08-19-15 09:18 PM
    Me too my SE is havin random reboots 2 to 3 times a day, mine is about a week old running sofware 10.3.2.2226 on Rogers any help out there ?

Posted via CB10
    Me, too. It happened with my first SE from Amazon. I then ordered a new one from ShopBlackberry and returned the Amazon one, and now it's happened a couple times on my Shop BlackBerry SE. Of course, they're all the same, I'm just identifying them by the seller.

Running 2339, I did restore from my OG BlackBerry in both cases. With the Shop BlackBerry device, when I first turned it on, I got an OS OTA update, of what I don't know, but it wasn't tiny. And of course 2339 was already loaded--I checked. Later I reloaded the 2339 core OS and radio via Sachesi because of some and minor screen jiggling, which helped with that issue, but I still have gotten spontaneous reboots x2.

Everyone says the OG Passport has identical hardware with the SE, but I think there must be some minor differences. These issues, and also there is no way to load or even autoload the 859 radio on the SE the way I did with the OG.
    08-19-15 09:40 PM
    Talked to tech service and they had me wipe device and want to run clean for 24 hours. I will check my apps. Haven't installed anything out of the ordinary. Same apps as my OG passport. I will take a couple off that I haven't installed on the OG and see. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    How has that gone for you so far? I've had my SE since Wednesday and the past couple of days it's rebooted a few times.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:05 AM
    First day I had it I had a reboot whilst naming a folder on the homescreen. Not had another one since.
    I have been thinking about it and I had 8apps open at the time and if I rememberr correctly one of them was the appstore downloading spotify and quizup.

Posted via CB10 on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-22-15 04:19 AM
    I've had mine for maybe a week now. The first thing I did when I got the SE was a restore from link. Was having random reboots 4-5 times a day.

Did a factory reset via link yesterday and haven't restored any backups. Downloaded only essential apps from Appworld, haven't touched amazon yet. This morning when I logged in to my FB app and was browsing the feeds, it rebooted. After that I logged in to my twitter app and was going through my feeds and it rebooted again.
    Both apps are native and no other app was running at the time.

Gonna wait another day and observe, might have to wipe again. What is the best and most effective way to wipe/reset?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:45 AM
    How has that gone for you so far? I've had my SE since Wednesday and the past couple of days it's rebooted a few times.

Posted via CB10
    I restored and everything was fine. Was listening to Pandora and it rebooted. I think Pandora was the culprit as it rebooted another time while I was listening to it. So, I deleted Pandora and so far so good. Maybe a coincidence.....not really sure as I had Pandora on original passport and it was fine. I can't remember if I download Pandora on the original passport from Snap or not. I know I downloaded from Amazon for SE. Can't imagine there's a difference???

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:06 AM
    Zero random reboots for me, on white or silver Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:11 AM
    Can't really think of any particular app or situation it rebooted in. I don't always get the red notification star/badge on my whatsapp icon/active frame when I get a message aswell. I have to restart the hub to get it working again, not sure if it's normal or just being buggy aswell.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 08:29 AM
    hi
    since a few weeks I also am experiencing the same issue

I don't know how to deal with!

It's true the apk from Cobalt are installed ( works more or less) may be this is the reason why it behaves so... and I don't feel comfortable enough the do a fresh install since I don't really trust that device/os... last time it wasn't able to reboot properly ( red light blinking)...

Coming from ios it's a little bit frustating but I love that device and the running os, so when it reboots I wait till it's up and running again

regards,
    JM
    08-22-15 11:36 AM
    I've had mine for maybe a week now. The first thing I did when I got the SE was a restore from link. Was having random reboots 4-5 times a day.

Did a factory reset via link yesterday and haven't restored any backups. Downloaded only essential apps from Appworld, haven't touched amazon yet. This morning when I logged in to my FB app and was browsing the feeds, it rebooted. After that I logged in to my twitter app and was going through my feeds and it rebooted again.
    Both apps are native and no other app was running at the time.

Gonna wait another day and observe, might have to wipe again. What is the best and most effective way to wipe/reset?

Posted via CB10
    Have had three more reboot, all while on BBM. Either through the Hub or in the app itself. I'm beginning to think it a memory management problem. Getting frustrating now.

BBPPSE
    08-22-15 11:54 AM
    Yeah same here, can't believe we are this far since 1st generation passports and still dealing with random reboots 4 to 5 per day. Please BlackBerry act and fix this quick.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 01:26 PM
    I've already emailed them about returning it.

BBPPSE
    08-22-15 02:25 PM
    Can it fixed with a new software update ?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 06:00 PM
    Can it fixed with a new software update ?

Posted via CB10
    I don't see how they could because nobody else is getting these reboots other than silver passports. Sounds like defective hardware to me.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-22-15 10:44 PM
    If I was offered a refurb in the first 30 days of ownership for a defective brand new phone, I would just request a full refund and be done with it! Thats bad business!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-22-15 11:01 PM
    Yep.

Happened to me the other day.

I'm exchanging it and if the replacement isn't new, I'm going to get a refund and buy a new one.

We shouldn't have to deal with this stuff on the improved Passport, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 12:04 AM
    Yeah it does seems really weird how it's on the SE at the moment. I think it only happened once yesterday although I was working most of the day. Iirc I was using instagram when I got a instant preview of a BBM message which I was trying to reply to.

I'm also wondering if I should just return it for an exchange/refund. However if it's a refund and I repurchase it then I'd have to return the accessory bundle and rebuy just the phone which seems a pain also.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 03:31 AM
    I've already emailed them about returning it.

BBPPSE
    Although they've already initiated the return and asked me to follow steps for return and refund, I took a friend's advice and tried out an autoloader. So far, everthing seems fine, haven't restored or installed any apks.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1026452
    Gonna wait and watch the next 24 hrs how this turns out.

Posted via CB10 on BBPPSE
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    08-23-15 08:05 AM
    Although they've already initiated the return and asked me to follow steps for return and refund, I took a friend's advice and tried out an autoloader. So far, everthing seems fine, haven't restored or installed any apks.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1026452
    Gonna wait and watch the next 24 hrs how this turns out.

Posted via CB10 on BBPPSE
    How has it faired so far? I was good for 5 days and it rebooted this evening.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:58 PM
    How has it faired so far? I was good for 5 days and it rebooted this evening.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, lasted a whole day and then bam ! Reboot!
    I emailed support.blackberry and this is what they replied:

I apologize if your BlackBerry Passport restarts randomly. I would like to gather more information to understand the issue.

- When did the issue start?
    - Was there a recent software update before the issue started?
    - Did you perform a backup before the issue started?

Kindly follow the steps below:
    1. Remove the Battery from the BlackBerry smartphone and then remove the media card and SIM card (if applicable) and reinsert the battery only.
    2. If the BlackBerry smartphone successfully boots then remove the battery and reinsert the SIM card.
    Note: If SIM card is causing the reboot cycle contact your wireless carrier to troubleshoot the SIM card or the services associated with the SIM card.
    3. If the BlackBerry smartphone successfully boots with the SIM card then remove the battery and insert the media card.
    Note: If the media card is causing the reboot cycle it maybe related to the data on the media card and using a computer to read the media card maybe required.

Please let me know the changes.

Trying to figure out how to remove the battery now
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-25-15 03:58 AM
35 12