Og:
    Attachment 365689

se:

Attachment 365690

I don't really see any differences. Def. not as drastic as yours.
    Could be me, but seems like the SE's colors are more vivid.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:38 AM
    I see the same, more vivid colors on the SE pic

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    All relative to the monitor we're all looking at it on as well. But now that you mention it, they do look a bit more vivid ON the device. In any case, it still doesn't qualify to me personally as 'drastically improved'. Slightly maybe..but it's still the same core hardware, with the exception of the front facing cameras.
    08-07-15 11:41 AM
    Could be an artifact of greater contrast in the SE pic but the lines looks sharper to me.
    08-07-15 11:47 AM
    All relative to the monitor we're all looking at it on as well. But now that you mention it, they do look a bit more vivid ON the device. In any case, it still doesn't qualify to me personally as 'drastically improved'. Slightly maybe..but it's still the same core hardware, with the exception of the front facing cameras.
    Same here, on my Passport with very low brightness.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:50 AM
    Low light still sucks on them all though lol.
    extisis likes this.
    08-07-15 11:55 AM
    Hardware is the same so I can't imagine any improvement. Again, if there were any hardware improvement for the camera, BlackBerry marketing department would have pointed it out in their sheet.
    08-07-15 12:04 PM
    Hardware is the same so I can't imagine any improvement. Again, if there were any hardware improvement for the camera, BlackBerry marketing department would have pointed it out in their sheet.
    Pretty much.
    08-07-15 12:08 PM
    How's the focus time?
    08-07-15 12:20 PM
    OG:
    Attachment 365689

SE:

Attachment 365690

I don't really see any differences. Def. not as drastic as yours. Honestly, I think your OG camera is just messed up somehow lol.
    Blaz1e, those are a little too close to get an accurate assessment. Try something at 3-5 feet. My closeups were sharp in the corners, but super smeary at portrait distance.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:12 PM
    blaz1e, those are a little too close to get an accurate assessment. Try something at 3-5 feet. My closeups were sharp in the corners, but super smeary at portrait distance.

Posted via cb10
    og: SE Lens Physically Improved-og-pp.jpg

se:SE Lens Physically Improved-img_20150807_160901.jpg
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-07-15 02:12 PM
    Damn. To be honest I think both the OP's pics look damn bad. Are those really 2015 smartphone cameras?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-07-15 02:21 PM
    Damn. To be honest I think both the OP's pics look damn bad. Are those really 2015 smartphone cameras?
    Exactly what I was thinking.. like someone smudged vaseline all over the lens. No offense OP lol.
    theonecid and extisis like this.
    08-07-15 02:24 PM
    SE: f/2.0 at 1/5s and 798iso

OG: f/2.0 at 1/5s and 798iso
    The phones chose these settings because the light was pretty low. That shutter speed is too slow for such a test hand held. A tripod would be needed. Also, at that wide an aperture and distance to subject, depth of field would be very narrow and a factor, so both would have to have been focused at exactly the same spot.
    Like someone suggested, you would need a more controlled test to see if there is a difference.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 02:28 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking.. like someone smudged vaseline all over the lens. No offense OP lol.
    Well for starters, he's obviously zoomed in on those pictures which makes this probably the worse camera comparison of the century
    08-07-15 02:28 PM
    It is pretty easy to grease up your Passport lens with your fingers because of the location. It results in a dreamy haze effect
    08-07-15 03:12 PM
    The phones chose these settings because the light was pretty low. That shutter speed is too slow for such a test hand held. A tripod would be needed. Also, at that wide an aperture and distance to subject, depth of field would be very narrow and a factor, so both would have to have been focused at exactly the same spot.
    Like someone suggested, you would need a more controlled test to see if there is a difference.

Posted via CB10
    Take a look at my centers at the top of the page. Sharp.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 03:12 PM
    It is pretty easy to grease up your Passport lens with your fingers because of the location. It results in a dreamy haze effect
    Take a look at the centers on page 2. Sharp.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 03:13 PM
    Take a look at the centers on page 2. Sharp.

Posted via CB10
    It was a general statement
    08-07-15 03:18 PM
    Take a look at my centers at the top of the page. Sharp.

Posted via CB10
    I did. No way to tell where it is focused and at that f-stop and angle, it would make a difference. Was the photos cropped?
    The softness at the edge looked like motion blurr to me on my phone which is to be expected at that shutter speed.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 03:19 PM
    Does the SE version focus faster than original?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 03:42 PM
    I did. No way to tell where it is focused and at that f-stop and angle, it would make a difference. Was the photos cropped?
    The softness at the edge looked like motion blurr to me on my phone which is to be expected at that shutter speed.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, these are extreme crops. Motion blur is not the issue. Focus is the same for both photos.

After further testing on flat fields, I'm finding that the whole bottom edge of my frame on the OG is smeary. The corners in the top are less suspect. I'm going to do further tests.

Personally, I'm thinking my new OG Passport has a lens defect.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 03:42 PM
    Yes, these are extreme crops.
    Then there is no way to see where the focus point is.

Focus is the same for both photos.
    How can you tell?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 03:57 PM
    Then there is no way to see where the focus point is.

How can you tell?

Posted via CB10
    I took the photo. I provided center crops which are the focal points of both frames. But forget it, I'm posting a more comprehensive thread. close this one someone, it's not serving any purpose at this point.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 04:26 PM
    Since the hardware on the front cameras are different, let's see a comparison between those 2

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 05:36 PM
69 123