I have been the biggest evangelist of the Passport, but this reboot issue is driving me crazy. Started with the AT&T passport with zero issues. Unfortunately or fortunately, I left it on top of the car and..ill spare the details.

I was so glad to get the SE. I enjoy schooling the uneducated about the Passport. I also enjoy the Wow, the Oh and the stares as I walk away.

The random reboot that is happening up to 3 times/day is becoming frustrating. Does ANYONE know the cause? I might have to switch to......

No, not a IPhone or Android. Back to the AT&T passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 11:15 AM
    I have a SE and don't have that problem or any other problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 01:16 PM
    The SE is one of the most reliable devices in my household. No issues, no problems at all. It is my dearest toy. I hope you find the cause and can solve it.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 02:11 PM
    Hi there, I experienced the same thing a couple of times lately, I thought I pressed something by mistake...
    It only happened twice though, let'see...
    One thing that is really starting to bother me is the double tapping of some letters, mostly the N and M.
    The V is not very reliable either, even if I'm pretty sure to hit the key properly since I can both feel and hear it, it doesn't come up right.
    Bye!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 02:27 PM
    As a fellow SE user and reboot warrior, I can share the following info gathered from previous threads and my observations:

Some claim the reboot issue is software-related, with suggestions of backing up and re-loading software via BB Link. Soft- or hard-resetting does not solve the issue as I have done this too many times/combinations to remember without fixing the problem.

Others claim the reboot issue is hardware-related and suggest returning the device on warranty in hopes of getting a clean device.

Still others feel rebooting is somehow caused by a combination of software and hardware. So pick your poison. Somewhere deep down inside, I'm hoping that one of the final updates to the BB10 OS will fix the rebooting problem...but this is likely just wishful thinking and unlikely to materialize.

Rebooting can occur at any time, during any function, with virtually any number/type of applications on board (BB or Android). One thing I know for sure...there isn't ever a good time for it to happen (ex: during phone call, when composing email, while enjoying audio/video playback)...it really sucks when it does and has a cumulative effect on the frustration it causes. <--- Kinda like wanting to leave the device on car roof and drive off into the sunset.

The time required for a reboot is less than that required when the device is turned on from being off, an interesting quirk.

Unfortunately I have not answered the OP's original question...just trying to share info and let folks with this issue know that they are not alone. I use my SE for business purposes, love the OS, email, keyboard, screen, efficiency...BUT, rebooting will be one of the main reasons I bid goodbye to BlackBerry - after 15 yrs.

Taniwha
    07-04-16 02:58 PM
    As a fellow SE user and reboot warrior,

Unfortunately I have not answered the OP's original question...just trying to share info and let folks with this issue know that they are not alone. I use my SE for business purposes, love the OS, email, keyboard, screen, efficiency...BUT, rebooting will be one of the main reasons I bid goodbye to BlackBerry - after 15 yrs.

Taniwha
    That and no more BB10 Devices,
    07-04-16 04:01 PM
    @taniwha Totally agree. It is random. I sometime wake up and I see that it had rebooted over night.

My contract is up in February and I will have to make a hard decision. I love innovation and loath conformity.

Truly a tough decision coming...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 06:49 PM
    As a fellow SE user and reboot warrior, I can share the following info gathered from previous threads and my observations:

Some claim the reboot issue is software-related, with suggestions of backing up and re-loading software via BB Link. Soft- or hard-resetting does not solve the issue as I have done this too many times/combinations to remember without fixing the problem.

Others claim the reboot issue is hardware-related and suggest returning the device on warranty in hopes of getting a clean device.

Still others feel rebooting is somehow caused by a combination of software and hardware. So pick your poison. Somewhere deep down inside, I'm hoping that one of the final updates to the BB10 OS will fix the rebooting problem...but this is likely just wishful thinking and unlikely to materialize.

Rebooting can occur at any time, during any function, with virtually any number/type of applications on board (BB or Android). One thing I know for sure...there isn't ever a good time for it to happen (ex: during phone call, when composing email, while enjoying audio/video playback)...it really sucks when it does and has a cumulative effect on the frustration it causes. <--- Kinda like wanting to leave the device on car roof and drive off into the sunset.

The time required for a reboot is less than that required when the device is turned on from being off, an interesting quirk.

Taniwha
    Yeah that's my million dollar question before because it happens to me more than 10 times a day with my classic.. I tried researching and looking for answer even here in crackberry. seems like no one can answer and even blackberry people seems to be clueless

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 08:11 PM
    Hi Lander, I too had the same issue. Solution was to use CFP and wipe the SE and then use BlackBerry Link to install a fresh OS. Use the WIPE -a command and then WIPE -i and your random restarts will stop. I Promise it works. Hahaha!

SE is the finest device I have ever owned, and I had a white previously. Love my Leap too. So much better than my piece of junk iPhone 6.

SE is just phenomenal.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 09:29 PM
    Actually try WIPE -f , for some reason I can't remember it's been so long. Plus I just finished driving for 20 hours straight and taking a break. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 09:31 PM
    I've read that Wiping may take infinitely long. Can someone else confirm?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 10:59 PM
    No, not wiping. I am talking about downloading the CFP program, go ahead and Google 'CFP BlackBerry ' and download the latest version, which is like 3.9.57, or something like that. Then use the command prompt to run the exe. Then type in ' cfp.exe wipe -a ' and then let it go.

I believe you can also use something called SIC MultiWipe as well. That is all automatic and all you have to do is double click the icon and let it run. Basically does the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 03:44 AM
    First I heard of either tool. Will "play" today.

Will let you know.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 05:18 AM
    Hey lander06, did you explore the CFP option? If so, how did it go?

Taniwha
    07-06-16 09:02 PM
    Usually a app causes this I would reload is and install one app at a time to see which is causing the issue. I had the same issue on my classic it was a Android app I didn't use much.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 09:06 PM