I have a SanDisk 64gb class 10 card working flawlessly since I got my OG passport a year ago... it has never been removed... recently some folders are "unavailable" in native file app or in others... a reboot always fixes it... is my card in the throes of thanatos? What to do?

If it is on deathbed, will this run the 200GB now sold or do I need the 128gb listed as supported?

Woe is me... \_(ツ)_/

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:08 PM
    I have a SanDisk 64gb class 10 card working flawlessly since I got my OG passport a year ago... it has never been removed... recently some folders are "unavailable" in native file app or in others... a reboot always fixes it... is my card in the throes of thanatos? What to do?

If it is on deathbed, will this run the 200GB now sold or do I need the 128gb listed as supported?

Woe is me... \_(ツ)_/

Posted via CB10
    The device will support up to a 2TB SDXC card (though none presently exist). Your 200GB is indeed supported I would save the data and reformat the current card first.
    09-12-15 07:11 PM
    I would format the card on your passport instead of a computer. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:21 PM
    SanDisk problems on my end as well. I only had it a couple months and first folders started to disappear then everything else. Card was not readable in the end. I did format it, and it works again but I don't trust it inside of my passport. Seems to be a trend with SanDisk brand.

Oddly it's not faulty I ran checks on it. I have it inside of my tablet and hoping it craps out. Haha.

Posted via  Passport Silver Edition
    09-12-15 07:29 PM
    my gosh 200 gig on micro sd... think about how much data you could lose!

Posted via CB10
    8230 likes this.
    09-12-15 07:32 PM
    Never had a problem with my 64Gb sdcard. First as Fat32 on my z10, now as exFAT on my Passport for over a year, and encrypted since may 2015.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 on T-Mobile
    09-12-15 09:48 PM
    Mine just up and died. No warning, no resuscitation. Saving up for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:52 PM
    I just experienced a similar problem with my Z30 today.
    Running a Samsung 32GB EVO SD card.
    My phone suddenly couldn't recognize my music files, restarted, and everything started working fine after.
    I've been running my SD card encrypted for about a year now and had the SD card for about the same length of time.

Maybe it's an OS software glitch?
    09-12-15 10:56 PM
    So what brand to get? Lexar,kingston,PNY,Samsung,... I have had Transcend before with good luck... what??
    Last edited by patapoof; 09-12-15 at 11:09 PM.
    09-12-15 10:59 PM
    SanDisk problems on my end as well. ...............Seems to be a trend with SanDisk brand.
    Oddly it's not faulty I ran checks on it. I have it inside of my tablet and hoping it craps out. Haha.
    I learned it since 9900 that Blackberry and SanDisk cards are not happy friends with each other for some quirky reasons. I have since switched to Samsung cards. No gremlins there so far.
    09-13-15 01:14 AM
    One technician once told me that to maintain the integrity of our SD card (specifically those who are having huge memory size) is to format them at least every year using the device where you are using them i.e. back up your data to your laptop or PC, format the SD card with your mobile then transfer back again those data. Not sure if that really works but I never encountered any corrupted data since then...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 02:44 AM
    I learned it since 9900 that Blackberry and SanDisk cards are not happy friends with each other for some quirky reasons. I have since switched to Samsung cards. No gremlins there so far.
    I'm currently using a 128GB SanDisk SDXC Card and haven't had an issue.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-13-15 11:42 AM
    I've been using a 64gig Sandisk card for over a year without reformatting with no problem, I'm not saying a yearly format is not a good idea as I have no opinion on that, just relaying my experience, I do do regular backups of any unique data on it though.

There were a lot of fake Sandisk micro SD cards around a while back but I think the main problem with those was the storage space but it could be you have a dodgy card, did you buy it from a reputable retailer?

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.1.2576
    09-13-15 02:49 PM
    my gosh 200 gig on micro sd... think about how much data you could lose!

Posted via CB10
    It would be madness to keep that much data anywhere without a backup, in fact just 1gig would too much to lose if it was important data.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.1.2576
    09-13-15 02:54 PM
    For those of you with issues with a SanDisk memory card, consider pursuing a warranty replacement, even without a receipt. Couple months ago, my Z30 just stopped being able to write to the SanDisk card in it - it became read only. After reading around the Internet, looked like some SanDisk cards were defective and would just stop working for no reason. I contacted SanDisk via email, told them my issue, and they happily sent me a replacement card. I simply had to mail them the defective SD card, after backing it up first of course onto my laptop. I had no proof or purchase, but they still RMA'd the card anyway. (I did have to provide them with the card's serial number that is written on the card itself. That number probably allows them to figure out if it came from a bad batch.) I'm quite happy that they stand by their product. The replacement card now works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 03:14 PM
    For those of you with issues with a SanDisk memory card, consider pursuing a warranty replacement, even without a receipt. Couple months ago, my Z30 just stopped being able to write to the SanDisk card in it - it became read only. After reading around the Internet, looked like some SanDisk cards were defective and would just stop working for no reason. I contacted SanDisk via email, told them my issue, and they happily sent me a replacement card. I simply had to mail them the defective SD card, after backing it up first of course onto my laptop. I had no proof or purchase, but they still RMA'd the card anyway. (I did have to provide them with the card's serial number that is written on the card itself. That number probably allows them to figure out if it came from a bad batch.) I'm quite happy that they stand by their product. The replacement card now works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    I managed to get a replacement card too but good thing I didn't have to return the card! Only provided them pictures of the card in pieces.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 01:39 PM