I just realised that all data - pics, music, other files - was deleted from my SD card. Anyone has experienced this? How can this happen on a device like this. Blackberry please pay attention to you few consumers so they don't move away. I'm really p****ed!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 04:16 AM
    Just to make sure the SD is truly wiped, and it's just not a glitch with the Passport reading the card, pop it out and put it in a USB card reader on a computer.
    See what is or is not on the card.
    Very, very, occasionally, my Z30 will glitch and think there is not SD card in the device or it is blank. A device restart or removing and re-inserting the SD card generally clears it up.
    One "issue" with BlackBerry 10 devices and a "soft reset" is that for up to a few minutes, the device wont see files on the SD card after it has booted back up. A soft reset is a simulated battery pull, for a Passport it is performed by holding the power button for more than ten seconds.
    Also, there was a batch of SanDisk 32 and 64 GB SD cards, a year or so back, that had manufacturer defects and would loose it's contents, among other issues.
    05-15-15 04:27 AM
    The Passport reads the cards and there are several boxes but empty. See below
    SD card data deleted-img_20150515_115407.png

I had 400 pics, now only 1 I take just to confirm if it saves to the SD new pics. Really frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 04:57 AM
    This is somewhat unrelated and not much help.
    I had a similar problem a year ago when my pictures and files were deleted on my PlayBook. In that case there was no SD card. I suspected a hack because it happened when I was returning from Indonesia to Canada either at the airport or during the flight.
    I still have not found an explanation and people on Crackberry were adamant that it could not be a hack.
    However, I have had no such problems with the SD card on the z30 or the Passport. No accidental disappearance of files.
    I do not save my pictures directly to the SD card. I use the file manager to move all my pictures, and some transferred or downloaded files, from the local memory to the SD card.
    05-15-15 09:04 AM
    You can probably recover everything from the sd card, put it in to an adapter, stick it in a sd card reader, download a free program called ZAR aka zero assumption recovery, it will recover everything, only thing I don't like is that it renames all the files so the recovered files won't be organized how they used to be before they were erased.

Also as a side note, the only time I have had issues with files going missing on an sd card is when I used fake or counterfeit sd cards, you will be amazed at how common it is to end up with a counterfeit sd card. This is not just something that will happen on BlackBerry, it will happen on any device and it is because of the actual card.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by irwindersra; 05-15-15 at 09:22 AM.
    05-15-15 09:08 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me when I had my first Passport. I got so pissed I switched the following day to an iPhone. As I'm back on the Passport again, so far, this same issue has not happened. I don't know how it's even possible though, given BlackBerry's handsets don't seem to do this on other devices with other users.
    05-15-15 09:14 AM
    It could possibly be a fake SD card.

Posted using the amazing BlackBerry Classic.
    05-15-15 09:29 AM
    I would like recommend a tool is SD Card Data Recovery, It is Kernel for Windows Data Recovery that can repair and recover deleted data from different storage device like Hard Disk, USB Drive, PEN Drive, Camera, SD card, Memory card etc.
    07-06-15 02:20 AM
    As others had just said, there is really a big difference between the original SD card and the imitation a.k.a. fake.

I used to use 'imitation' SD card because of its price i.e. almost 50% cheaper than the original but always end up having corrupt or unreadable files. When started investing in original SD cards, none of my issues from my previous SD card occurred - considering I'm using the same device (Passport).

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:47 AM
    You can probably recover everything from the sd card, put it in to an adapter, stick it in a sd card reader, download a free program called ZAR aka zero assumption recovery, it will recover everything, only thing I don't like is that it renames all the files so the recovered files won't be organized how they used to be before they were erased.

Also as a side note, the only time I have had issues with files going missing on an sd card is when I used fake or counterfeit sd cards, you will be amazed at how common it is to end up with a counterfeit sd card. This is not just something that will happen on BlackBerry, it will happen on any device and it is because of the actual card.

Posted via CB10
    Currently trying this per your suggestion, much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 04:27 AM
    Do you use box or cloud storage?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:26 PM