Hi,

My Passport's screen will sometimes turn on in the middle of a call causing all kinds of nuisance such as face dialing another party, anyone experience this and care to share on how to resolve this?

Am I holding it wrong? Anyone can share where is the proximity sensor located?

My OS version is 908. Another minor problem, when I turn off the screen using the power button, the screen could still be turned on by flipping it like within 15 seconds of turning off the screen, is this normal? Can I disable this?

Other than the above, my device is near perfect, I am so happy to switch back to Blackberry.

Thanks in advance for the advises.
    11-30-14 08:23 AM
    The proximity sensor is to the left of the blackberry logo on the face.

Go to settings and advanced interactions, change flip to wake

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    TooSquare likes this.
    11-30-14 08:25 AM
    Are you a lefty? Because if you hold the phone with you're left hand then you the sensor might be open

Posted via CB10
    TooSquare likes this.
    11-30-14 08:27 AM
    Are you a lefty? Because if you hold the phone with you're left hand then you the sensor might be open

Posted via CB10
    I am right handed, but somehow I always hold my phone using the left hand. Is this the cause of the problem?
    11-30-14 08:47 AM
    The proximity sensor is to the left of the blackberry logo on the face.

Go to settings and advanced interactions, change flip to wake

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    "My flip to wake" is off (grey out), should I turn it on?
    11-30-14 08:49 AM
    I don't think it has to do with the hand you hold it in. I think it's just a ****ty sensor, that is to sensitive or defective. My phone does it, my wifes does it. I am fed up with it. Constantly hangs up, adds calls, dials numbers or opens the note app. Think I'm selling ours and buying note 4s. can't take it anymore. Sound like a joke on the phone with customers, if I don't hang up on them.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:39 PM
    I don't think it has to do with the hand you hold it in. I think it's just a ****ty sensor, that is to sensitive or defective. My phone does it, my wifes does it. I am fed up with it. Constantly hangs up, adds calls, dials numbers or opens the note app. Think I'm selling ours and buying note 4s. can't take it anymore. Sound like a joke on the phone with customers, if I don't hang up on them.

Posted via CB10
    That's weird. I haven't run into this issue with any device I have. I guess some people are just really unlucky.

Passport on Wind
    12-02-14 08:02 PM
    I have had this happen constantly on my PP held both right and left handed. I constantly hit the end button with my cheek or dial other numbers. Driving me nuts as I keep hanging up on conference calls.

Posted with my beautiful BlackBerry Passport!
    12-02-14 08:17 PM
    I have noticed, as I used it in a dark room this evening, that if a call is placed, and phone is held to ear, that screen will lock (as it should). But when the other person picks up, or as in my case tonight, the machine answers, the screen wakes up. This is when the trouble begins.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 10:11 PM
    If you are right handed, as am I you will usually hold the phone in a conversation with your left hand so your dominant hand is free to perform other tasks.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 10:27 PM
    I will observe again, seems like the screen will turn on if a message like whatsapp came in the middle of a conversation.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:28 AM
    Now that this has been brought up I can count several times this has happened to me during a call. Now I'm sure it's not a network issue but rather something to do with the sensor.

Admittedly, after even a month I still somehow have trouble aligning the earphone directly over my ear. Maybe this has something to do with the sensor placement relative to your face?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:51 AM
    This happens to me all the time. It's to the point that I make sure the screen goes off before I put it to my face. I hang up calls at least 2-3 times a day. It is really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:55 AM
    Have u guys done a hard reset ie hold both vol up and down keys till the phone turns off and the BlackBerry logo shows up??

If not then try that as I had this issue with my Passport when I first got it, ran the bbve app on the sensor tests. Rebooted and it hasn't done it again, screen turns off everytime I put it to my face.

Posted via CB10
    TooSquare likes this.
    12-03-14 07:28 AM
    Have u guys done a hard reset ie hold both vol up and down keys till the phone turns off and the BlackBerry logo shows up??

If not then try that as I had this issue with my Passport when I first got it, ran the bbve app on the sensor tests. Rebooted and it hasn't done it again, screen turns off everytime I put it to my face.

Posted via CB10
    Seems to have been the solution!! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:41 PM
    I have tried it still same issue. Will try the BBVE app as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:32 AM
    The hanging up happens with me too. It's rather annoying. It's definitely a location issue with the proximity sensor. To help solve this problem I just press the standby button to turn the screen off, that way, even bringing my face completely away from the screen won't turn it back on without me pressing the lock button again.

Posted via my Classic Passport
    12-05-14 12:34 PM
    "My flip to wake" is off (grey out), should I turn it on?
    Do you mean "Lift to Wake", or "Flip to Save Power"? Those are the only two options I see other than "Flip to Mute".

I've noticed the quick-wake behavior in mine. Hit the power button to sleep, put the phone down, pick it up right away and it'll wake. It seems to be handy when you have a very active conversation going on -- answer a text, set the phone face-down, a reply comes back within 15 seconds and the phone auto-wakes without having the "Lift to Wake" option turned on.

I've been able to disable this behavior by turning "Flip to Save Power" off. But I leave it on because it seems useful.
    12-05-14 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue, I have had enough of this, cant wait to get rid of this junk (z30)
    02-24-15 05:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same issue here with two Z10 phones subsequent. I really don't understand what the cause is. Is it me? Is it the phone? My first Z10 has this problem and is swapped for guaranty. The second Z10 has the same problem. No screenprotector fitted on both.
    07-21-15 08:10 AM
    At the end the case was the cause.
    The magnet which closes the booklet case probably disturbed the proximitysensor (magnetic field)
    10-10-15 09:35 AM
    I had the same issue on my passport just about a month ago, I have done everything, resetting, reloading, wiping, upgrading, and reloading again, and suddenly this afternoon all the sensors are back to normal, and I didn't do anything, its just fixed by it self, I think the OS need sometime to recognize and communicate with the sensors...is it? Anyway lets find out for next few days, how long it will last

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 07:11 AM
    After AT&Ts last update I started having this problem on my AT&T PP. It is very annoying and forces me to press the top button first before putting the phone to my face. Also after a call ends now it has a long delay before the screen wakes when the proximity sensor does work. This is all only since the last update.
    10-12-15 07:59 AM
    Just had this problem with a phone call I made on the latest official OS on my Passport. Cheek calls a bunch of numbers while I'm talking, kind of annoying.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 07:09 PM
    Same here on my PPSE. I think it is a flaw in the latest OS, as it also appeared on my Z10. That was partly why I changed to the PPSE but the ear dialing problem persisted.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 05:47 AM
28 12