Greetings fellow BlackBerry Passport fans. Can't say enough about the fine quality of the BlackBerry Passport's 4.5 wonder of a screen!

I have used all kinds of phones that proffered all kinds of resolutions and technologies however the Passport arguably offers the most unique experience of them all.

The square shape really gives the viewer a full picture of websites, documents, tweets, instagram you name it. 'Working wide' isn't just a clever marketing aspect it's a reality with the Passport.

The QUALITY too I think deserves more scrutiny and rightly so. The 450+ ppi makes sense images and especially text razor sharp but not overly so to the point where viewing certain content is jarring to the eyes of the average person. Colors are very accurate with just the right amount of saturation and the fact that you can tweak the display settings is a big plus. Bottom line is everything just looks clean and crisp on the Passport screen and that's a beautiful thing.

Much has been said about the aspect ratio of the screen and I totally get that however if the Passport is your daily driver and you occasionally use it to check out embedded video or the occasional YouTube link here or there, the video plays smoothly and is more than accessible despite the letterboxing effect. Remember this was never designed to be a media consumption device!

Do I look at a lot of video on my OG Passport? Yup. But I'm a tech geek and I have other devices to reach for if I require a more immersive experience.

Interested in hearing your thoughts!

Keep it 'Berry Baby !
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    11-29-16 07:19 PM
    You get so used to it that you forget about it. My only complaint is the white splotch that appears on each screen in the upper center. Years ago someone figured out that this is caused by adhesive or something seeping through from the motherboard (?) and fixed it. Wonder if I can find that thread...

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    11-29-16 08:17 PM
    I wish blackberry released a keyboardless version with the same form factor. Justttt all screen. While I love the pkb, the screen estate is just so necessary right now especially when comparing with the tiny rectangular boxes most manufacturers have chosen. Too bad they want to get out of the design business.

Posted via CB10
    thecaringkind and sonicpix like this.
    11-29-16 08:47 PM
    That would be the LG Optimus VU 3. Wonder if anyone has installed BlackBerry/Android software on one.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 09:42 PM
    I'm with you. The screen is straight up gold.

Posted via CB10
    thecaringkind and ahhhlain like this.
    11-29-16 09:49 PM
    Sigh... this thread saddens me.

I too love my Passport. That screen is phenomenal. I was such a productive workhorse with that beast.

But alas, times have changed. My work no longer supports BES and it was either iOS or Android for me. Thankfully the Priv came in time so I was able to stay with BlackBerry.

I would plunk down money so fast to buy an Android Passport if that unicorn were to ever become reality! I would easily fork over a cool grand if that were to hit the market today!

A guy can dream right?
    anon(7915689), DiegoV_G and bestee like this.
    11-29-16 10:52 PM
    A guy can dream. I must admit that the fact that the BlackBerry Passport is so unique is one of the major reasons why I chose it as my daily driver. It's a SOLID smartphone in its own right and to me that's just icing on the cake.
    ahhhlain likes this.
    11-30-16 01:22 AM
    A guy can dream. I must admit that the fact that the BlackBerry Passport is so unique is one of the major reasons why I chose it as my daily driver.
    You're right. The uniqueness of the design is one of the main attractions to the phone. I love the way the form factor fits in the hand better than a typical slab. I can't tell you how many times people have said, "what is that?" randomly on line in a store.

Plus, it seems like pants pockets keep getting shorter and shorter, never have an issue with this phone in my pockets.
    thecaringkind likes this.
    11-30-16 08:40 AM
    There's only the Passport or Passport SE. No model called OG by BlackBerry.
    conbrio29 likes this.
    11-30-16 08:17 PM
    Original. Lighten up.
    ahhhlain, bigjman and Zeratul57 like this.
    11-30-16 08:45 PM
    Greetings fellow BlackBerry Passport fans. Can't say enough about the fine quality of the BlackBerry Passport's 4.5 wonder of a screen!

I have used all kinds of phones that proffered all kinds of resolutions and technologies however the Passport arguably offers the most unique experience of them all.

The square shape really gives the viewer a full picture of websites, documents, tweets, instagram you name it. 'Working wide' isn't just a clever marketing aspect it's a reality with the Passport.

The QUALITY too I think deserves more scrutiny and rightly so. The 450+ ppi makes sense images and especially text razor sharp but not overly so to the point where viewing certain content is jarring to the eyes of the average person. Colors are very accurate with just the right amount of saturation and the fact that you can tweak the display settings is a big plus. Bottom line is everything just looks clean and crisp on the Passport screen and that's a beautiful thing.

Much has been said about the aspect ratio of the screen and I totally get that however if the Passport is your daily driver and you occasionally use it to check out embedded video or the occasional YouTube link here or there, the video plays smoothly and is more than accessible despite the letterboxing effect. Remember this was never designed to be a media consumption device!

Do I look at a lot of video on my OG Passport? Yup. But I'm a tech geek and I have other devices to reach for if I require a more immersive experience.

Interested in hearing your thoughts!

Keep it 'Berry Baby !
    Are you using the passport silver
    11-30-16 09:02 PM
    Passport is the best. Even with better resolution on Priv, pictures look more vibrant and popping on Passport. I love the quality, craftsmanship and overall feel of the phone. I wish they improved passport instead of making Priv. Maybe Mercury will be passport-like. Who knows....
    11-30-16 11:13 PM
    Are you using the passport silver
    Nope the Original
    12-03-16 05:28 AM
    It is nice, but latest SGS are definitely better. No pkb there, so they are out of the game anyway.
    12-03-16 11:20 AM
    When I first saw the PP I found it a joke, but a month ago I just received my SE and now I think it's the best form factor for browsing and mailing. I fall in love the wide 1:1 screen, I can load most websites in desktop mode. And the pkb, typing is not faster than Z30, but thanks to feedback for my fingers far more accurate.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    12-03-16 03:34 PM
    I had black passport used for a year. Sold.
    Bought Silver Edition. My wife still uses white passport.
    My friends say am obsessed with passport.
    Truly.. I can't imagine myself without passport in my hand. It has become identity now.
    When I sold my black PP.. I was without passport for 3 days since SE PP was out of stk.. My friends found it so weird that I was without PP.
    I agree that BlackBerry should launch a full touch PP with same design and dimensions more slim with more RAM and better front n rear camera.
    There might be some limitations on usage of PP for others. But for me It's a joy having n using PP.
    I love my PP

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 02:10 AM
    I had black passport used for a year. Sold.
    Bought Silver Edition. My wife still uses white passport.
    My friends say am obsessed with passport.
    Truly.. I can't imagine myself without passport in my hand. It has become identity now.
    When I sold my black PP.. I was without passport for 3 days since SE PP was out of stk.. My friends found it so weird that I was without PP.
    I agree that BlackBerry should launch a full touch PP with same design and dimensions more slim with more RAM and better front n rear camera.
    There might be some limitations on usage of PP for others. But for me It's a joy having n using PP.
    I love my PP

Posted via CB10
    I have seen some say the the SE is a bit more comfortable to use than the original black, do you think that's a valid statement?
    12-04-16 05:48 PM
    I have seen some say the the SE is a bit more comfortable to use than the original black, do you think that's a valid statement?
    Yes.

My recent devices will also attest to this. Priv: sold, Black pp: sold, Silver: rocking two.

Sent from my not quite obsolete beautiful BlackBerry Passport SE
    HershL likes this.
    12-04-16 06:17 PM
    Yes.

My recent devices will also attest to this. Priv: sold, Black pp: sold, Silver: rocking two.
    Good to know, thanks!
    12-04-16 06:21 PM
    Seeing the possible image of the Mercury my first thought was I was going to miss my Passport's screen.
    12-05-16 09:20 AM
    I think some of us appreciate being on BB10 and not slave to data mining battery draining apps more than we want to admit. It's interesting here to be able to choose a different and better way instead of just going along with what some global corporation wants to sell us out on.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    ahhhlain, bh7171 and andy957 like this.
    12-05-16 11:45 AM
    A couple of years ago I got the black Passport and kept it for about a year. The screen is stunning, both the shape and the quality.

At first it was a bit of a rush I have to admit. That was partially because I came from a low end Android device and I was not only upgrading to a flagship device, but also switching OS's and form factors (square screen + physical keyboard). It was a very unique and exciting experience. But as that excitement wore off over time, I realized that the square screen didn't really fit my needs (I watch a lot of games & videos) and that I don't like physical keyboards (I prefer silent and effortless tapping vs the annoying clickety clacking). I played around with the form factor some more, got a white Passport and then also a Blue Classic but then sold both and just got a Z30. But then I dropped it and cracked the screen and decided to jump on the Black Friday deals and get a DTEK50.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-05-16 12:09 PM
    Threads like these remind us of why Blackberry is going down the ****ter. The phone is two years old, and people are just now beginning to buy them up. Has their cost dropped exponentially? Are they being bought used? Unsure. But this is exactly why BlackBerry is tanking.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    kekos and so crow like this.
    12-06-16 07:24 AM
    I still have my original black Passport that I keep at home for Web browsing or for reading Kindle books. My Classic is still my daily driver but the uniqueness of the Passport screen certainly keeps drawing me back and tempting me to put my SIM back into it!

Posted via CB10
    ahhhlain likes this.
    12-06-16 07:47 AM
    Threads like these remind us of why Blackberry is going down the ****ter. The phone is two years old, and people are just now beginning to buy them up. Has their cost dropped exponentially? Are they being bought used? Unsure. But this is exactly why BlackBerry is tanking.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Hi 85_305

I think BlackBerry tanked in the handset area because they couldn't sell icecubes in the desert. Their marketing has always been awful. They also refused to stick with what made them a major player: security, security, security. They sort of got away from pushing what they did better than everyone else coupled with underpowered hardware affected them adversely. Pricing too had an effect. At some point you need to start sacrificing razor thin margins in terms of profit so that you can preserve market share and stay relevant.

I bought my BlackBerry Passport because it's a super competent smartphone at a bargain basement price even with 2 year old hardware.
    12-06-16 08:37 AM
58 123