Blackberry passport
    Does anybody knows how you can configure that screen will be on all the time during charging or in a installed car holder?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:54 AM
    I don't believe it exists within the OS, like in other OSes, to behave differently when plugged in vs. on battery. When you launch a map app, and have an active route while driving, the app may have a setting to keep the screen on.

In Advanced Interactions, you can turn on a setting which overrides screen timeout when you are holding the phone, but not when it's just in a car holder.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:12 AM
    I wouldn't want it on all the time. Be nice if they had a switch.
    03-20-15 10:17 AM
    You know, if you're driving I want to have the access to my BlackBerry without unlocking the screen. During drive it's not practical.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 11:32 AM
    Makes little difference here in British Columbia. It's illegal to use any handheld devices while driving.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 11:39 AM
    It is also not allowed in Germany. That's why screen should be always on to see my incoming messages.
    For phone calls I use the phone connected with my car via bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 01:56 PM
    I don't believe it exists within the OS, like in other OSes, to behave differently when plugged in vs. on battery. When you launch a map app, and have an active route while driving, the app may have a setting to keep the screen on.

In Advanced Interactions, you can turn on a setting which overrides screen timeout when you are holding the phone, but not when it's just in a car holder.

Posted via CB10
    It would probably stay on when in a car though since it would always be moving... I noticed it always on while on my seat..... wasn't sure what was going on until I realized that optio was turned on...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 02:22 PM
    There is an app for like a dollar called screen timeout that i use for this purpose. You manualyy have to turn it on / off but it works well ..

jeff
    03-20-15 02:38 PM
    Leaving it on for 8 hours during sleep everyday would probably cause screen burns. I don't recommend it.
    03-20-15 02:43 PM
    This works great.

Check out Screen Timeout in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/47147895
    03-20-15 03:09 PM
    Thank you very much!
    I tested 'screen timeout' in the car. It is very useful. Screen always visible during drive. I'm not typing but I'm informed which mails arrived in hub.

The usability of Screen timeout is very good. Fast and easy to use.

Thank you for your help! :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 03:11 PM
    No problemo. Glad it works for you.
    03-24-15 03:21 PM
    It would also be useful if BlackBerry would enable "Turn on Screen for New Notifiications" when the phone is vertical in a charger, or simple stand. Right now that function only works when the phone is horizontal/flat

Passport OS 10.3.2.281
    03-24-15 03:25 PM
    Quite apart from seeing any activity, I use the screen timeout app above to make sure the screen stays visible when navigating with maps....... why somebody at BB didn't think that would be a necessity I really don't know, but at least the app can be used to make sure your maps don't go hiding just when you get to some tricky navigating...............
    03-24-15 04:50 PM
    I've never had the screen time out when using maps... Isn't there an option somewhere to allow apps to extend screen time out?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 04:53 PM
    Because BlackBerry doesn't want to be responsible/liable when eventually someone does crash a car and found reason is due to their attention focused on the phone because it is allowed to be always on while driving.

You see, these days, the society has the habit to sue the hell out of everything.
    03-25-15 07:31 PM