I find the screen on this SE im using sort of dim. At full brightness it is noticeably dimmer than other phones I have around, and definitely dimmer than an OP I had. Just wondering if someone else has noticed this. Also, it takes longer to wake the device after the latest update, power savings are not enabled.
    Last edited by Tessoro Desoto; 01-02-16 at 06:01 PM.
    01-02-16 05:17 PM
    I only have the SE, so can't compare directly. However, I have had a iPhone 5S and Nexus 5. I've always had my phones on max brightness, just my preference. With the SE though, I find that just 50-60% brightness is plenty for me...so I'm thinking it might be your unit??
    01-02-16 07:49 PM
    'Passport SE build quality' ...(page 3)

Search for the above mentioned thread. It makes reference to this. I actually was getting a little frustrated about the apathy of other BlackBerry users to this issue. I would get comments like 'all BlackBerry screens are different' 'you're nitpicking' or 'that's what the warm balance/ brightness slider's there for'.

I had to return about four or five SEs before I got a good one. Recently, had two good ones in a row with bright white screens...the first was from Amazon.de (QWERTZ) and the second from Expansys UK. I had my biggest complaints with the batches from AmazonUK.

Where did u buy yours from?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 02:05 AM
    Hardware issue.

I had to return a SE Passport ordered at BlackBerry for the same reason.
    Then i ordered a Black Passport from Amazon which had the same problem. I contacted the distributor, and the guy (really nice guy) opened all their boxes and said all phones from their batch had same quality screen. So it's definitively an issue with materials used by BlackBerry production.

Before my SE Passport, i had a Black Passport and i remembered how the screen was really bright, really clean, and the whites had this little blueish taint i really loved.

So now i ordered an iPhone 6S because i'm a bit tired of BlackBerry way of doing business. And if i don't like it, i'll buy a used BlackBerry Passport on Ebay. This phone is unique, then the feeling when using it.
    01-03-16 04:25 AM
    This SE was ordered from amazon US. Thank you for the replies. The
    01-03-16 05:24 AM
    I figured out why the screen is not as bright as other phones. BB10 treats auto brightness differently than other OS's. It is always on and does not overrides max brightness settings, so if you slide the brightness control to full brightness in a dark room it wont give you max brightness, instead I will give you max brigghtness for that particular dark environment. Pretty clever. Now, if you do full brightness in a bright room, it then will give you max brightness possible. All is good with the SE screen brightness!
    01-04-16 08:55 AM