Long story, but will finally be getting another Passport from DR tomorrow. Praying for solid build, no issues!

Was wondering how many have just left the wrapping that comes on the device there as a screen protector? Not sure if it is meant for that, but have read a few posts from some saying that they haven't removed the original factory screen protector. Any issues for those that have done this?

Was not prepared for DR to be so fast based on my reading here lol. Anyway, pretty basic question, but hopefully this will be all I have to worry about when it arrives. Can't believe it's going to be before January! Excited again.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 10:46 PM
    Just go and buy a cheap one , the one that comes on it is not really a screen saver
    12-29-14 11:00 PM
    The factory film gets scratched very very easily.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:13 PM
    I left mine on until I bought an actual screen protector about a month or two later. Got really scratchy, but it kept my screen pristine so �\_(ツ)_/�
    12-29-14 11:26 PM
    I actually left mine on for about six(?) weeks if I remember correctly. As you might guess, that factory protection film is barely meant to be used as a primetime screen protector. It doesn't feature any special coatings, has that grey triangle bottom right corner and especially isn't hardened in any kind of way. The later means the film actually collects scratches quite easily, after a month looking at the screen wasn't a real pleasure. However it does the job: The screen was in mint condition after peeling it off.

In short yes it does work decently as a short time solution, but you might want to look for a real screen protector in the coming weeks.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:07 AM
    Thanks for the help! Will def be getting screen protectors (they're cheap enough)! Just thought I'd ask as I always thought that was just wrapped for shipping as the rest of the wrapping, but saw a few posts saying that they were just keeping the factory one on. Very glad about the speed of DR, so need a new batch of screen protectors. The factory one will hold me over! Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:23 AM