Hi there, just wondering if the Passport SE is more likely to have the screen lifting issue than the OG, as seen around on this forum? Also how common is this issue and am I likely to receive a device with the it? I am torn between the OG and the SE, but this would be a deciding factor for me. The OG looks amazing but the build quality and keyboard of the SE is equally appealing. Thanks for your help
    05-04-16 09:14 AM
    No, there has been less issues with screen lift on the SE vs. OG builds.
    05-04-16 09:17 AM
    I don't have any Issues on my BlackBerry Passport SE with the Screen Lift. I don't know about the OR but the SE is just amazing.

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition 
    05-04-16 09:20 AM
    I've had 3 Originals all with the screen lift issues. Now I have the SE for about 3 weeks and so far no screen lift. The Original in my opinion does have a more traditional Blackberry hardware look. Whereas the silver edition has the appeal of the Porsche design and is more secure in the hand.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 09:51 AM
    Week 2, no screen lift... Knock on wood. A question for those who've experienced it: does it occur after bending? After being in your pant's pockets? On its own?
    05-04-16 10:24 AM
    I had the absolute opposite experience - zero screen lift on OG, no problems for the year I owned it.

Then bought SE from Amazon. Returned first one as had screen lift. Replacement had even worse screen lift. Returned that and got a refund.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 10:26 AM
    Week 2, no screen lift... Knock on wood. A question for those who've experienced it: does it occur after bending? After being in your pant's pockets? On its own?
    Just don't put in your back pocket and sit on it. I carry mine in the front pocket but I remove when ever I sit.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 11:17 AM

Two weeks with which device?
    05-04-16 11:50 AM
    I've wondered to what extent the screen lift problem is due to bending - a lot gathering from what I've read online.

So then, does putting the Passport in a stiffer case, say the Body Glove or the Seidio, help? Curious as to whether more screen lift issues occur naked or with soft cases used versus those in shape-holding cases. Thoughts or comments on that?

BTW, got an AT&T model that's 14 months old and has always lived in a stiff case. No screen lifts so far.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 11:54 AM
    Seeing as OPS posted in the Passport forum it's safe to say it's a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 12:44 PM
    Silver Edition Passport.
    05-04-16 01:03 PM
    Just don't put in your back pocket and sit on it. I carry mine in the front pocket but I remove when ever I sit.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using it in a Seidio case when I go out and then in a front jacket pocket... Maybe if I put it in a front pants pocket and sat it would bend? Won't risk it, but then any phone would be stressed?
    05-04-16 01:05 PM
    I too have a Seidio case. Actually I put my Passport in a front pocket often, most any time I carry it if I'm not wearing some kind of jacket. I usually wear loose or pleated trousers, however - I think that makes a difference. Perfect in a jeans' back pocket, too, but I avoid sitting on it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 06:42 PM
    PP SE has no screen lift issues. I suppose that RIM changed the body frame design for avoiding these issues on PP OG.
    05-04-16 07:44 PM
    PP SE has no screen lift issues. I suppose that RIM changed the body frame design for avoiding these issues on PP OG.
    There have been report of screen lifting on the SE. Do a search.
    05-04-16 08:32 PM
    I haven't had an issue with either but find SE superior b/c of keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 05:33 AM
    SE has worse screen lift imo. comes with it out of the box. the og requires torque to lift

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 07:14 AM
    I did a search and found one photo (on CB forum) which show that screen lift issue on PP SE, but saw a lot of photos of PP OG.Are screen lifts more common on the Passport SE?-uploadfromtaptalk1462457648948.jpg
    05-05-16 09:14 AM
    I did a search and found one photo (on CB forum) which show that screen lift issue on PP SE, but saw a lot of photos of PP OG.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462457648948.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	399046
    The problem with the SE is that a substantial quantity of them came with that exact lift (same corner and everything) out of the box.

When the OG came out it seemed fashionable to try to bend them (you can thank the Apple 'bendgate ', and Chen 's response, for that). So most likely a lot of OG devices have symptoms from excessive pressures.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-06-16 03:05 AM
    I received my new BlackBerry Passport silver edition about three weeks ago which didn't have the screen lift issue but did have a defective receiver. I got my replacement last week which is absolutely fine. I'm not sure if the screen lift is something that can suddenly appear over time though so I'll have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 04:58 AM
    No. I love my PP silver

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    05-06-16 05:19 AM
    I have my BlackBerry Passport SE Now for more then 2 Weeks and no Problems at all.

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-06-16 12:56 PM
    Have had the AT&T version for over a month. Not a sign of screen lift.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-06-16 03:44 PM
    I just received my second replacement device. PPSE.

First came like this:

Are screen lifts more common on the Passport SE?-img_20160428_172435_hdr.jpg

So I sent it back to seller (Mobile Phones Direct) who "got it from BlackBerry".

They sent another one, and LOOKS LIKE there is an immediate screen lift. Top part of screen feels a bit lifted as finger sticks on it...

Has anyone pictures how that screen lift looks like?

Thing is if I press top of it hard, it kind snugs right. But have no idea... and I think it is not new, but refurbished. But do not know how to check

SE btw

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yessuz; 05-06-16 at 04:47 PM.
    05-06-16 04:36 PM
    Looks like (in that pic) all you need to do is pop the battery cover back in an your good.
    05-06-16 04:59 PM
40 12