Just a post here for those seeing a lifted screen. I purchase my passport direct from amazon back in October. I noticed my screen lifting as well about a week or so ago, and have finally decided to reach out to get a replacement. The blackberry site was useless but I did find a form for amazon support. But once I entered all of my information and device pin it said it wasn't an amazon device. Despite it being one. So then I hit a brick wall. I couldn't find a number for blackberry anywhere and just go the standard go to your carrier information. But Um, I don't have a carrier. So then it's to amazon, and they have no clue and say that I am beyond my return window. So I push a bit on amazon, and they do the right thing and agree to refund me for my passport and then advise me to order another. But wow, this is a bit ridiculous, i have never had so much trouble for a warranty issue.

For those dealing with lifting screens, maybe your mileage will be better. If someone has a number for blackberry support, maybe post it up as it could be helpful.

The only silver lining is that I can get a red passport now yep, despite the headaches I like the phone enough to go through it again and hope for better luck this time around

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 10:13 PM
    I have gone through the same thing, but I bought it from shop blackberry so I'm dealing with them.

The experience has been ok, there has just been some delays in shipping because of the holidays.

Passport on Wind
    01-01-15 10:15 PM
    When I bought my Passport it came with a Blackberry Support card underneath the phone...I think it's free for 30 days? They couldn't help you?

PIN:2BF728ED
    01-02-15 12:57 AM
    Trying to find out more on this mysterious screen lift. Care to share more info or link me to another thread, if there is one.

Thanks

Also I'm glad to hear Amazon stepped up and everything worked out

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-02-15 01:08 AM
    Sorry to hear about that. Pretty much sums up my experience as well, except in my case I had to repair the device myself and sold it at a hefty loss as a repaired device. This device is seriously badly built. My wife's Passport failed today, but I'll post a separate thread on that tonight.
    FalkirkEagle likes this.
    01-02-15 01:48 AM
    The build quality on the passport is pretty good. But a large number of units have this particular issue.

Basically, the steel frame is used as a heatsink. The device sometimes gets very hot for whatever reason.

As such, the glue holding the screen down starts to melt, and the screen starts to lift up.

This has apparently been fixed in newer units, but I'm not toally sure on that.

That's why I'm hoping they'll just send me a new unit, rather than repairing this one, since a repair will only lead to the same issue later.

Passport on Wind
    01-02-15 01:54 AM
    This issue has nothing to do with heat. It has to do with the frame of the device primarily (read - easily bendable in a cork screw motion) and the lousy manufacturing tolerances that were especially prominent on the first batch of manufactured devices, which I suppose make up the first 200,000 phones - i.e., the initial run and pretty much the entire supply of Passports.
    01-02-15 02:03 AM
    Is there any indication that this is any better in latter productions? I was going red for the next one to hopefully get a newer build.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:21 AM
    It has everything to do with heat. My passport frame is not bent at all, it's completely flat, and yet my screen is lifting.

Passport on Wind
    01-02-15 12:13 PM
    Just out of curiosity, OP, Dejanh, John V, do you guys happen to know the manufacture date of your passports?

Mine is Nov 18th, but it's been great so far.

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-02-15 12:16 PM
    Well, I bought mine back in October, so I'm assuming earlier than that.

Passport on Wind
    01-02-15 12:24 PM
    I have gone through the same thing, but I bought it from shop blackberry so I'm dealing with them.

The experience has been ok, there has just been some delays in shipping because of the holidays.

Passport on Wind
    But most importantly, how did you contact BlackBerry about the warranty item?

Email? Phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 01:02 PM
    Why/How would anybody bend their phone in a "corkscrew motion'?
    deezy87 and anon(1852343) like this.
    01-02-15 01:18 PM
    Is there any indication that this is any better in latter productions? I was going red for the next one to hopefully get a newer build.

Posted via CB10
    Later production is better. They tightened the screen tolerances. Less gaps equals more surface to adhere to for the adhesive which means less chance of the screen separating. All of the devices made from November onwards that I have seen seem to be good as far as the screen construction goes.
    01-02-15 02:15 PM
    It will bend like this on its own if you have it in any other pocket other than a jacket breast pocket at any point in time. The fabric causes torsion.
    01-02-15 02:16 PM
    It's a new thing nowadays, people have the need to do dumb things and see what happens, like grabbing a phone a doing a corkscrew motion.

I am sure I can find many thing in my house and attempt todo similar motion and damage products lol
    bungaboy and gvs1341 like this.
    01-02-15 03:37 PM
    But most importantly, how did you contact BlackBerry about the warranty item?

Email? Phone?

Posted via CB10
    There is a contact email for shop blackberry for support info at the bottom of the page.

Passport on Wind
    01-02-15 04:08 PM
    It's a new thing nowadays, people have the need to do dumb things and see what happens, like grabbing a phone a doing a corkscrew motion.

I am sure I can find many thing in my house and attempt todo similar motion and damage products lol
    Actually, its because of a BlackBerry promo that claimed the Passport could be used as an actual corkscrew. The idea was, if you had lost your real corkscrew, you could twist your Passport into one, and use it to remove a cork. BlackBerry has since removed that promo, and I can no longer find any evidence of that original claim.
    thedose and gvs1341 like this.
    01-02-15 04:20 PM
    When I bought my Passport it came with a Blackberry Support card underneath the phone...I think it's free for 30 days? They couldn't help you?

PIN:2BF728ED
    Yes, this ^^^. Was this tried? Mine has the same card with a BlackBerry support phone number.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 04:22 PM
    Amazon is the best company I've ever used. Their replacement policy is ridiculously good and literally took 15 seconds for me to have a replacement sent out.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    01-02-15 04:48 PM
    Yes, this ^^^. Was this tried? Mine has the same card with a BlackBerry support phone number.

Posted via CB10
    Card? Hmm

I'll have to dig up the receipt etc. Thought someone would have it more readily at hand.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:57 PM
    Card? Hmm

I'll have to dig up the receipt etc. Thought someone would have it more readily at hand.

Posted via CB10
    All I can find is the shipping documents. One of which has a section with a phone number.

But, it says 'if you have a question about exchanges, returns, or about shipping'

I have a question about warranty repairs.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:09 AM
    All I can find is the shipping documents. One of which has a section with a phone number.

But, it says 'if you have a question about exchanges, returns, or about shipping'

I have a question about warranty repairs.

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm dang it! And I thought that was the same thing. LOL pass the damn number out already! If its really on that damn card!
    01-03-15 01:01 AM
    Hang tight for a few minutes, just walked into my home it's 2:06:22 AM lol I'll get the card and take pictures for you folks as well.

Posted on the beast PassportSQW100-1/10.3.x.x.xxx
    01-03-15 01:06 AM
    Hope you're able to read it. If not the number is 1-877-552-5532. But again it is complimentary 30 day support and they're available 24/7 and require you to have your purchase details, cause they do ask.

Don't mind the Z30 box and other BlackBerry gear in the background lol.

Screen Lifted and Warranty Hassle-img_20150103_021013_hdr.jpg

Posted on the beast PassportSQW100-1/10.3.x.x.xxx
    01-03-15 01:12 AM
43 12