For those who have screen lift on their passport I can give advise how to DIY.
    Mine started at bottom right. I didn't get nervous or what 'cause I know there's got to be a way to solve this. I'll just post what I did if anyone here needs some help.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 04:16 AM
    For those who have screen lift on their passport I can give advise how to DIY.
    Mine started at bottom right. I didn't get nervous or what 'cause I know there's got to be a way to solve this. I'll just post what I did if anyone here needs some help.

Posted via CB10
    Why not just post it with some pics and let us know,
    12-18-15 11:44 AM
    Does the solution involve duct tape? 'Cause if that's the case, this thread should really be "DIY Silver Passport".

Thankfully I haven't experienced the screen lift, but if you've found an easy DIY solution I'd like to keep it in mind just in case.
    12-18-15 11:44 AM
    You Sir are gold!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 01:57 PM
    What did you do?
    12-18-15 03:05 PM
    Here's what I did:
    1. First thing, Do this at your own risk. I am not responsible to any damages to your phone while you do this fix.
    2. Do this in a quiet, dust free and cool place with no distraction. I did this inside my computer room and locked the door.
    3. Things I've used: My finger nail, pen, my camera brush and super glue (It is recommended to use super glue that is cold. I use my left over glue that was kept from the fridge. I recommend the glue to be cold so that when you apply it, it won't dry fast).
    4. Use your thumb finger nail to pry the entire screen. Do not rush to pry the screen do it slowly. You can also use plastic scraper if you can't use your nails but I prefer using my nails 'cause you have more control.
    Screen lift issues DIY:-screen1.jpg
    5. As I've said do it slowly because there is a ribbon connected to the board that might get damaged while you pull the screen. No need to remove the ribbon. At this point, you can now brush off any dust especially on the earpiece.
    Screen lift issues DIY:-screen2.jpg
    6. Then put something under the screen to separate it to the chasis. I've used a pen here with the phone on top of paper towel to rotate the phone while I apply the glue. Apply the glue directly around the edge of the chasis where the screen sits in a very very tiny amount and probably every 1cm. I just put some more on the corners and be careful not to put glue close to the front camera, LED and the sensor!
    Screen lift issues DIY:-screen3.jpg
    7. After applying the glue, you can now place the screen back then press each side and corners. Then you can put something on top of the screen so you can leave it for about five to ten minutes to dry out the glue. I've used my camera charger that is a bit small compare to the screen then a heavy book on top of it.
    Screen lift issues DIY:-screen4.jpg
    8. One more thing. There's no need to scrape the tape around the edge of the screen and chasis leave it. Just make sure the tape is flat before applying glue. It happen to me while I lift the entire screen some of those black tape overlapped to each other.

And now, I don't have any more screen lift issues!
    Screen lift issues DIY:-screen5.jpg
    circadia likes this.
    12-18-15 04:53 PM
    Wow that's some job dude trust me.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 03:35 AM
    This is my worst nightmare
    12-19-15 04:10 AM
    4. Use your thumb finger nail to pry the entire screen. Do not rush to pry the screen do it slowly. You can also use plastic scraper if you can't use your nails but I prefer using my nails 'cause you have more control.

5. As I've said do it slowly because there is a ribbon connected to the board that might get damaged while you pull the screen. No need to remove the ribbon. At this point, you can now brush off any dust especially on the earpiece.

Hi, can I make you a question?

This days I have bought a Passport from a private that he never use it. Device is perfect but have the lifting screen (bottom right), so I bought it for only 100 euro.

I'll want to fix it by myself, if it is possible, and before start to open up the screen I want to know (if you can help me) how the screen is fixed on the chassis.

It is all/compleate glued, or only the edge/margin is glued or taped, and the remaining part in "glue free"?

I hope I explain my concept correctly, I'm Italian and my English isn't very good.

Thanks for your tutorial!
    12-19-15 02:36 PM
    Looks like an easy fix
    12-19-15 02:48 PM
    I fixed mine in about 10 second....just held down side that was lifting and pulled up on opposite end gently.
    Hasn't lifted since.
    I believe it's more of a warp issue then adhesive one.
    IMO.

Blackberry Passport
    12-19-15 03:20 PM
    Great job there.
    12-19-15 03:22 PM
    Hi, can I make you a question?

This days I have bought a Passport from a private that he never use it. Device is perfect but have the lifting screen (bottom right), so I bought it for only 100 euro.

I'll want to fix it by myself, if it is possible, and before start to open up the screen I want to know (if you can help me) how the screen is fixed on the chassis.

It is all/compleate glued, or only the edge/margin is glued or taped, and the remaining part in "glue free"?

I hope I explain my concept correctly, I'm Italian and my English isn't very good.

Thanks for your tutorial!
    Yes it is glued around the edge.. they've used thin double sided rubber tape. That's the real problem because when that tape gets hot, it melts and will result to screen lift.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:27 PM
    Wow that's some job dude trust me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for appreciating my job.
    Actually I'm almost done removing the whole screen before I decided to capture photos hope this will help you.
    At first I was thinking just to glue the affected area but decided to go all the way 'cause it might happen again to other corners.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:31 PM
    Thanks for the answer. It doesn't seems a optimb solution to stuck the screen. Perhaps some "mechanical thing" like clips in addition to tape would be a better solution...

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:32 PM
    Looks like an easy fix
    Yes it is! Just do it with some precautions to avoid any damages to your precious phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:33 PM
    Thanks for the answer. It doesn't seems a optimb solution to stuck the screen. Perhaps some "mechanical thing" like clips in addition to tape would be a better solution...

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can do that. At least you have the idea.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:37 PM
    But what if.. what if you need to replace the screen? Lol I assume the screen is glued there forever?

Posted via Z30
    12-19-15 07:08 PM
    .^^^^^^^good question
    12-20-15 01:02 AM
    But what if.. what if you need to replace the screen? Lol I assume the screen is glued there forever?

Posted via Z30
    That's why I mentioned not to remove the rubber tape.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 02:29 AM
    Nice write up with pictures.
    He will get lots of folks asking can we send our phone to you to fix and then you can go on shark tank
    12-20-15 02:53 PM