Started with the dreaded screen lift as well documented in this forum. I'm in contract with o2 and the phone is only 4 months old so I guess is under warranty with BlackBerry.

Just wondering how people have got on with warranty claims and how they went about it?

I can confirm though that reading other posts and opinions on how this situation arises it seems to be a design fault due to the new form factor.
    I know people will say it hasn't happened to them and that's fair enough but in mine and many others cases there is a problem.

It's a bit like the air crash investigation programmes you see on TV, a disaster isn't one thing, it's a combination of other smaller things.

Imo the issue is three things in total. Firstly the wide form means there is constant pressure on the extreme corners when kept in the front pocket, this appears to start curving of the chassis over time which seems to twist. The glass being flat tries to stay flat on the curved background and the warmth of the cpu softens the glue around the screen and voila, screen lifts in the corner.

Just wondering when people return devices whether they get sorted or they try and blame you for the bend in the phone.?

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    12-27-15 03:16 PM
    Not shure where what type of phone u have, i would call customer service and start a claim u have one year

good luck
    12-27-15 03:23 PM
    Passport hence it being in this part of the forum. Just wondering if the carrier are going to try and blame me.

12-27-15 03:36 PM
    Did you have a case on the phone? If so, which one?
    12-27-15 03:36 PM
    Did you have a case on the phone? If so, which one?
    I have three cases in total. I work on building sites so I have an all round very protective rubber type case with front flap. For out of work general use I have the stilgut leather case which Imo is the best bar none. I don't use this on site because I use plasterboard and the dust gets on the lining. I also have the oem hard shell for when the phone is just knocking about in the house but I very rarely use it. Most time in the house it's naked.

12-27-15 03:41 PM
    I have three cases in total. I work on building sites so I have an all round very protective rubber type case with front flap. For out of work general use I have the stilgut leather case which Imo is the best bar none. I don't use this on site because I use plasterboard and the dust gets on the lining. I also have the oem hard shell for when the phone is just knocking about in the house but I very rarely use it. Most time in the house it's naked.

Reason I ask is I have a Ringke fusion case and BlackBerry hard case.
    If I leave the phone bare or use the Ringke case all is good.

But if I use the hard case I start getting screen lift.

If I take the hard case back off the screen starts to settled back into place on it's own.
    12-27-15 04:43 PM
    Interesting, not sure if it's a coincidence but I first noticed the screen lift the other day while the hard case was on. There was definitely some twisting of the frame. Don't need the laying down on a flat surface to see it either even though I have done that.

Twisting the frame has made the screen lay flatter but you can still see screen bleeding through the side. It also seems to be travelling further up, once the glue goes in one corner it seems to get worse.

The glue is also abysmal, only seems to have managed to adhere to about three points on the screen over about an inch of length. You can make out the loops of adhesive still attached through the screen bleed. I read the post regarding gluing the screen back on with superglue but one error and you're getting it on the digitizer. Don't fancy that while it's still under warranty.

12-27-15 05:09 PM
    No screen lifting here, and I've had my Passport since August. I always make sure when the phone is in my front pocket to have the screen facing me. Less pressure on the screen to lift this way.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 05:57 PM
    Interesting, not sure if it's a coincidence but I first noticed the screen lift the other day while the hard case was on. There was definitely some twisting of the frame. Don't need the laying down on a flat surface to see it either even though I have done that.

Twisting the frame has made the screen lay flatter but you can still see screen bleeding through the side. It also seems to be travelling further up, once the glue goes in one corner it seems to get worse.

The glue is also abysmal, only seems to have managed to adhere to about three points on the screen over about an inch of length. You can make out the loops of adhesive still attached through the screen bleed. I read the post regarding gluing the screen back on with superglue but one error and you're getting it on the digitizer. Don't fancy that while it's still under warranty.

They probably use the same adhesive tape they used on their OS7 phones.
    12-27-15 06:05 PM
    No screen lifting here, and I've had my Passport since August. I always make sure when the phone is in my front pocket to have the screen facing me. Less pressure on the screen to lift this way.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I was thinking that, bit late now but it probably would be better to have the screen facing toward you. Having said that though, should you have to? It feels more natural for some reason to have the phone facing out.
    12-27-15 07:44 PM
    Yeah I was thinking that, bit late now but it probably would be better to have the screen facing toward you. Having said that though, should you have to? It feels more natural for some reason to have the phone facing out.
    You can put the phone however you want in your pocket, of course. With the screen facing out, aside from the risk of screen lift, there's also the odd chance that something falls on your leg or bumps into it, and thus bumps into the screen, potentially damaging it too.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 12:43 AM
    Started with the dreaded screen lift as well documented in this forum. I'm in contract with o2 and the phone is only 4 months old so I guess is under warranty with BlackBerry.

Just wondering how people have got on with warranty claims and how they went about it?

I can confirm though that reading other posts and opinions on how this situation arises it seems to be a design fault due to the new form factor.
    I know people will say it hasn't happened to them and that's fair enough but in mine and many others cases there is a problem.

It's a bit like the air crash investigation programmes you see on TV, a disaster isn't one thing, it's a combination of other smaller things.

Imo the issue is three things in total. Firstly the wide form means there is constant pressure on the extreme corners when kept in the front pocket, this appears to start curving of the chassis over time which seems to twist. The glass being flat tries to stay flat on the curved background and the warmth of the cpu softens the glue around the screen and voila, screen lifts in the corner.

Just wondering when people return devices whether they get sorted or they try and blame you for the bend in the phone.?

Hi! It's not the carrier that determines weather the fault falls within the warranty it's BlackBerry that decide this. Return to your carrier explain you want to do a warranty repair and let BlackBerry do the work!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-28-15 05:02 AM
    Thanks, that was my intention. Hopefully they will either fix it or send me a new unit without blaming me for the way I carry my phone about.

Bit of a pain and I'll have to lay my hands on a phone to use while it's away. Wish I never sold my z10 now which would have been handy.

Seriously considering selling it though if it comes back fixed. I believe this is a design fault and over time unless at some point BlackBerry have done something about the screen bonding process most units will suffer from this just some taking longer than others.

The chassis does bend under normal use, the glue can't hold the screen when bending occurs and the device does get warm in certain areas which is quite normal. Put all three together in the perfect storm and the result is lifting screen.

Definitely not down to the way I use it. My showroom condition 9800 which I'll have to use for now is testament to that. People could say don't put it in your front pocket but a phone that can't be carried in a front pocket isn't much use to me. Shame because other than that it's the best device I have owned to date.

12-28-15 06:37 AM
    I have a simple self repair which worked for me and does not void the warranty.

Take a length of clear wide packing tape and carefully place it across the entire screen in line with where the screen lift is located. Very firmly pull the ends of the tape across the sides and around the back of the device so the screen is pulled back in place. Smooth any bubbles out with a credit card or something like that.

Use the device as normal. You can leave it like that indefinitely but you will find you can remove the tape after a few weeks and the screen will stay in place. Good as new with no super glue.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 04:16 PM
    I have a simple self repair which worked for me and does not void the warranty.

Take a length of clear wide packing tape and carefully place it across the entire screen in line with where the screen lift is located. Very firmly pull the ends of the tape across the sides and around the back of the device so the screen is pulled back in place. Smooth any bubbles out with a credit card or something like that.

Use the device as normal. You can leave it like that indefinitely but you will find you can remove the tape after a few weeks and the screen will stay in place. Good as new with no super glue.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping this is just a joke right?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 05:26 PM
    Got one phone like this, refunded it back to BB and then re-ordered a new one. Same issue right out of the box, either a part of or the entire upper screen is lifted.

My options were to either do that or send it back in for repairs where they rip your brand new handset apart and repair it which I wasnt going to have.

Since the second one also has this issue I've simply adjusted expectations.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 06:58 PM
    Got one phone like this, refunded it back to BB and then re-ordered a new one. Same issue right out of the box, either a part of or the entire upper screen is lifted.

My options were to either do that or send it back in for repairs where they rip your brand new handset apart and repair it which I wasnt going to have.

Since the second one also has this issue I've simply adjusted expectations.

Posted via CB10
    Know the feeling, my new one above the p button exact same place as the previous one if you push down on the glass you can see a bit of spring there where it bounces back up. Doesn't happen on any other corner of the device. Like you I've lowered my expectations.

I like bb10 for work so I've been looking for a q10 on ebay which is probably more suitable in the front pocket and for working on construction sites. I sort of get the feeling if I have this phone for a while longer sooner or later the screen is going to come away in the same place.

Seems like a bit of a weak spot.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 07:01 AM
    I tought I have a screen lift but the frame was twisted. I just twisted the frame back so the phone was straight again. The screen is now on it's place.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 09:33 AM