I just noticed that towards the bottom of my screen, there is a circular discoloration. It almost looks like if you had an LCD screen, and pressed your finger hard on it. It looks slightly purplish/green. I can't really notice it when the screen is white, but when it's black, it's pretty easy to see. Is this a defect? Did something press too hard on my screen?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:30 AM
    Yes, it's pressure damage of the screen.

I had it on my Z10 as well. As long as the LCD doesnt bleed, all is fine

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:36 AM
    You looking at it wrong. lol
    03-13-15 01:38 AM
    Yes, it's pressure damage of the screen.

I had it on my Z10 as well. As long as the LCD doesnt bleed, all is fine
    Now I'm afraid to use this thing - I've pretty much babied it. I was a LOT harder on my z10 and never ran into this. Does this just come with having a bigger screen? I wonder if Amazon would swap it out for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:53 AM
    I would try asking for an exchange. Sure no one phone is perfect, but screen condition like yours shall be considered defective IMHO

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:56 AM
    Could have been a pre-existing condition... try to swap and be happy with a new PP (=

My Z10 has changed owner but is still working fine with the blemish...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 02:11 AM
    The same thing happened to my black Passport.

There was this bluish green color, it looked like a nebula, very easy to see on darker pages.

BlackBerry replaced the device.

I had been so careful with it. It was in my pocket back in October and I took it out and it had this blue color on part of the screen but no damage to the glass itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 02:25 AM
    Would be nice to see some pictures

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-13-15 03:35 AM
    The same thing happened to my black Passport.
    Did you buy it from BlackBerry directly? I bought mine from Amazon so i'm wondering if I should contact Amazon regarding a replacement, or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:13 AM
    Always contact your seller first.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:11 PM
    Did you buy it from BlackBerry directly? I bought mine from Amazon so i'm wondering if I should contact Amazon regarding a replacement, or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I got my Passport from Shop BlackBerry, a black one.

But I got a red one too, which has a problem where the autofocus stopped working.

Let me tell you, Amazon is just the BEST to have a return or exchange with. When did you buy your Passport? I got my red one from them in November, and in January I had to do an exchange. They sent me a brand new red one (whole box), and I sent back the defective one. There's no charge, you just get billed if you don't send back the defective device within I want to say a month? Something like that.

Call Amazon, they're great. You will have a new Passport out to you soon.
    03-13-15 02:53 PM
    same thing has appeared on my Z10. I treat mine like gold lol...tis a shame :/
    03-13-15 02:59 PM
    I got my Passport from Shop BlackBerry, a black one.

But I got a red one too, which has a problem where the autofocus stopped working...
    Thanks for the insight. It's a little bit messed up because it was purchased through Amazon, but on someone else's account - it was a gift for me. I contacted Amazon and the best that they would do for me (since I wasn't the purchaser) was let me return it for a refund and then I could rebuy it. I didn't want to be without the phone for 5+ days, so I called BlackBerry. I explained the situation and how I've been using BB for the last 10+ years, and they are sending me out a replacement. They put a hold on my credit card until they get theirs back, which is no big deal.

All in all, it was a fairly smooth process. I'm just hoping this doesn't happen again.
    03-18-15 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the insight. It's a little bit messed up because it was purchased through Amazon, but on someone else's account - it was a gift for me. I contacted Amazon and the best that they would do for me (since I wasn't the purchaser) was let me return it for a refund and then I could rebuy it. I didn't want to be without the phone for 5+ days, so I called BlackBerry. I explained the situation and how I've been using BB for the last 10+ years, and they are sending me out a replacement. They put a hold on my credit card until they get theirs back, which is no big deal.

All in all, it was a fairly smooth process. I'm just hoping this doesn't happen again.
    That's really nice of BlackBerry. That might be one of the only positive things someone has said about their RMA process. The advanced exchange, which is what they did for you, I think, is sort of hard to get them to agree to. I'm glad they did it for you though.
    03-19-15 01:56 PM
    That's really nice of BlackBerry. That might be one of the only positive things someone has said about their RMA process. The advanced exchange, which is what they did for you, I think, is sort of hard to get them to agree to. I'm glad they did it for you though.
    Yeah, it sort of seemed like I lucked out a bit in getting them to send me a new one. I think the trick was, when I spoke to the technical rep, I made it really clear that I knew what I was talking about. Before they started going through the script of steps to try to fix it, I told them that I've reset it, ran BBVE, reloaded the software a couple of times, etc... I also added the bit about being a long time user - i'm sure that helped a bit too!

Here's what my screen looked like BTW, in case anyone has run into the same problem.

Screen has discoloration-img_7191.jpg
    04-02-15 08:08 PM
    Yeah, it sort of seemed like I lucked out a bit in getting them to send me a new one. I think the trick was, when I spoke to the technical rep, I made it really clear that I knew what I was talking about. Before they started going through the script of steps to try to fix it, I told them that I've reset it, ran BBVE, reloaded the software a couple of times, etc... I also added the bit about being a long time user - i'm sure that helped a bit too!

Here's what my screen looked like BTW, in case anyone has run into the same problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7191.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	345246
    Yeah very noticeable.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:02 AM