Feel your pain. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a replacement device.. still waiting.

On the plus side, Blackberry's customer service is pretty awesome. Too bad it's taking them forever to send me a replacement though (it's more Rogers than anything). Also, aside from the ridiculous phone resets, I saw a crap load of green pixels randomly popping up whenever I had the quick settings down so seems like there were quite a few lemons

Good luck OP!
    Did you buy it from Digital River. I have been waiting 2 weeks for mine and then it had problem so I have to wait a couple weeks more.
    10-23-14 01:47 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I was so happy when I opened the package but within the first three hours it rebooted like 20 times. I called Blackberry and Rogers the same day. Asked for a replacement. Still haven't received it. It's been about a week and a half and I just got a call saying it's backordred so in the process of cancelling the order all together but that has also proved to be a struggle.

I'm so sad the last few comments I've written are nothing good about blackberry. I love the company and I WANT the device but all these threads make me question if it's going to be another storm.
    Why Blackberry doesn't handle its online store like Dell or HP at least? They give the ball to Digital River and it kick the ball to us. I wish BB has many stores like Apple so I could pick up, return or complaint whenever I want
    10-23-14 01:50 AM
    I'm interested in your outcome, I got my pp sent to me from the US. No local support. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-23-14 01:52 AM
    Try calling 1 877-552-5532 or 1 877-255-2377. Try first one first

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    Call this number. 1 877-552-5532
    10-23-14 07:59 AM
    Did you buy it from Digital River. I have been waiting 2 weeks for mine and then it had problem so I have to wait a couple weeks more.
    No I got mine from Rogers.. from what I've read it's basically the same experience.
    10-23-14 01:48 PM
    Why Blackberry doesn't handle its online store like Dell or HP at least? They give the ball to Digital River and it kick the ball to us. I wish BB has many stores like Apple so I could pick up, return or complaint whenever I want
    I've always said Blackberry would do well to setup a store here in Toronto. Semi opposite of Apple though. More black and blue lights and definitely geared towards business. They did a phenomenal job at the launch event in February. The place looked awesome (NYC) and you wouldn't mistaken it for any other company but Blackberry.
    10-23-14 01:50 PM
    I contacted BB yesterday and BB told Digital River to gave me the RMA. I shipped back the defective unit right away. BB contacted my back today and said they will do Advanced RMA for me. They will send out the replacement ASAP.

P/S: I also complained BB about Digital River. I feel really bad. If I didn't love BB, I would switch back to Android or Apple.
    10-23-14 04:49 PM
    Call BlackBerry they will do advanced rma. I did it for myself for reason way less serious (almost impossible to see dead pixel). Now I have two passports sitting on my desk, with one still waiting for a return shipping label from BlackBerry. I also ordered with coupon in canada. I was never backordered, so got it over a week ago

I called BB on Wednesday, then BB talked to Digital River somehow they send me RMA label. I sent my the defective unit back same day and Digital River has received it today. I just got confirmation email for the replacement from ShopBlackberry. They will ship out my replacement on Monday. I think that's really fast.
    P/S: BB also called me yesterday and they give me Advance RMA case and guarantee I will got the replacement next week. BB will take over everything.
    10-24-14 05:59 PM
    Feel your pain. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a replacement device.. still waiting.

On the plus side, Blackberry's customer service is pretty awesome. Too bad it's taking them forever to send me a replacement though (it's more Rogers than anything). Also, aside from the ridiculous phone resets, I saw a crap load of green pixels randomly popping up whenever I had the quick settings down so seems like there were quite a few lemons

Good luck OP!
    I called BB on Wednesday, then BB talked to Digital River somehow they send me RMA label. I sent my the defective unit back same day and Digital River has received it today. I just got confirmation email for the replacement from ShopBlackberry. They will ship out my replacement on Monday. I think that's really fast.
    P/S: BB also called me yesterday and they give me Advance RMA case and guarantee I will got the replacement next week. BB will take over everything.
    10-24-14 06:00 PM
    I would call until I get a replacement. When I first called, I got same response they gave you, that I would have to return and then reorder. I had to explain three times that because I ordered with coupon, I be losing $200. After she finally understood, I asked to speak with supervisor. She came back 5 min later and transfered me to rma department

Just got this email from Shop BB
    "Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We have just set up your replacement order, Order Number ***************.
    You may have received a back-order notification automatically through our
    system. You may disreguard this email. Your order will ship as early
    as Monday. We apologize for any confusion."
    Thanks a lot Silverfern for encouraging me to contact BB. I almost give up before talking to you
    10-24-14 06:05 PM
    I think you're lucky to be getting a new one, ad there's no way BlackBerry can assume that you didn't cracked it after it arrived.

If I noticed a cracked upon delivery I wouldn't even turn the phone on and take pictures of everything to help solidify the argument. You clearly started using it, which definitely muddies the waters up here.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 06:30 PM
    Yeah, jojo... :-)

That's why I opted for Optus this time, I mean, buying at a real store instead of online...

Imagine someone had ordered a Hongkong grey import and then this.... ouch!

And look at the prices, Optus, even full RRP of $899 AUD is great for brick-and-mortar...

Attachment 308306

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Wish there was somewhere to buy/tryout in the US at a real store. Hopefully with the good sales start, stores will carry it once it's launched here.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 06:50 PM
    I think you're lucky to be getting a new one, ad there's no way BlackBerry can assume that you didn't cracked it after it arrived.

If I noticed a cracked upon delivery I wouldn't even turn the phone on and take pictures of everything to help solidify the argument. You clearly started using it, which definitely muddies the waters up here.

Posted via CB10
    I pictures mine when It was booting up for fun. I did not notice at that time but now when I look at that pics, I saw crack underneath the glass. the thing is the LCD was cracked at the corner NOT the glass. And no physical damage on the phone. I didn't even put the Sim Card yet coz I was waiting for the sim cutter. I just used for an hour for listening to music.
    10-24-14 06:56 PM
    I'm in the same situation here, my device is a dud which keeps rebooting / restarting but digital river will only allow a return/refund and then I will have to purchase a new one when they are back in stock. One good thing is that they will honour the coupon discounted price of 25% off but for some reason I have to pay for shipping the defective unit back to the them? They didn't send me a pre-paid shipping label with the email.

I'm thinking about not ordering another one until they iron all the bugs. I don't want to go through all this hassle again if the replacement turns out to be defective also.

Posted via CB10
    yeah, Digital River also told me as they told you, only return or refurn. Call BB, their customer service is pretty awesome. Call BB and tell them Digital River did not give you replacement so BB will talk to Digital River. They will send you RMA right away. They did that to me. I call BB on Tuesday and send my unit back the same they to Digital River. Digital River received mine yesterday(Friday) and they immediately order the replacement for me. They email me said that they will ship the replacement on Monday. Let see how it goes.
    P/S: BB even calls me back and for several times to make sure everything okie. BB give you a ticket so you can talk to them whenever you want and they help you until I got replacement. It took me couple seconds to reach my case with BB or they even reply you email quickly
    10-25-14 07:32 AM
    So I'm a little confused here. Where are you going to send the defective unit back? DR or BlackBerry? Also are they sending out a whole new unit box and accessories or just a replacement phone? Did they send you a return label for the defective unit?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Talk to BB and BB talk to DR then DR send me a free return label. I send it back to DR. DR emailed me said that they will ship the replacement on Monday. IDK whether or not the replacement unit is brand new. I will let you know when I received it. I mean DR will do the replacement BUT BB will make sure DR does everything right. Like BB open a case for me so I could reach BB customer service whenever I need to so BB will keep contacting me until I got the replacement and I am satisfied with BB. That was what BB told me
    10-25-14 09:53 AM
    Talk to BB and BB talk to DR then DR send me a free return label. I send it back to DR. DR emailed me said that they will ship the replacement on Monday. IDK whether or not the replacement unit is brand new. I will let you know when I received it. I mean DR will do the replacement BUT BB will make sure DR does everything right. Like BB open a case for me so I could reach BB customer service whenever I need to so BB will keep contacting me until I got the replacement and I am satisfied with BB. That was what BB told me
    Great to hear your positive outcome and great BB customer service. Unfortunately, other person have a different experience than yours. Not sure why that is?
    10-25-14 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is also huge head scratcher for me as well, BlackBerry quality control would not have let a cracked device ship. Perhaps it was damaged in transit!?

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-25-14 11:10 AM
    I understand. I got the return label immediately because I was talking to BB customer service and BB was talking to DR at the same time so BB make sure I got the return label before he hangs up the phone. I got the shipping confirmation today.
    P/S: something really strange that when I talk to DR customer service they said my replacement was on back order and they have no idea when it will be shipped. But I also got an email for the other department( different email address), they said my order will be shipped right after DR received the defective unit. The people from the other department talked politely and also reply my email quickly. They really know what is going on. DR customer service knows nothing.
    BTW did you get you problems fixed
    10-29-14 04:34 PM
93 ... 234