total time or oneway
    They forgot to include the return shipping label, so I haven't shipped back the original device yet. Got two passports infront of me right now.

Btw the replacement device has dead pixels still, gonna ask for another replacement, but at this point I kinda don't care about dead pixel anymore, since it's literally impossible to see on this huge screen. But I am kinda not happy about not getting a new device for replacement, so still arguing with them over email

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    10-21-14 05:47 PM
    Good to hear you finally got through to someone who cares. Hopefully you will be enjoying a new phone soon.
    lol. i don't really like Apple product but I like their customer service because they have store everywhere. I wish Blackberry could have that.
    10-21-14 05:48 PM
    UPDATE: checking your photo again it looks like the LCD screen broke instead of the screen. So the LCD screen get jammed somehow. If so it's a fault from the factory not yours.
    glad you got me and I hope Digital River will do so. Yeah, I was the LCD. I have no way to break the LCD without damaging the glass. Lol. My phone look great without physical damage. I didn't even put my Sim Card on or take out the seal around the phone's body. Just used for an hours.
    10-21-14 05:52 PM
    Always pressure the retailers and never stick to what one representative says. It's a factory defect, it happens. Glad they are replacing it. You can always contact BlackBerry directly.
    10-21-14 06:00 PM
    Damn this thread. It really makes it clear how badly BlackBerry needs to stop using Digital River!!!

I've had no issues, but just reading about all you guys going through hours on the phone for what should be a simple "we apologize for your inconvenience, we will send you a replacement with prepaid shipping label".

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:13 PM
    They forgot to include the return shipping label, so I haven't shipped back the original device yet. Got two passports infront of me right now.

Btw the replacement device has dead pixels still, gonna ask for another replacement, but at this point I kinda don't care about dead pixel anymore, since it's literally impossible to see on this huge screen. But I am kinda not happy about not getting a new device for replacement, so still arguing with them over email

Dude on phone said he's not sure what they will send to me for rma. I won't send back original or accept a device that is not brand new in the box. You didn't get brand new either Silver?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:14 PM
    Damn this thread. It really makes it clear how badly BlackBerry needs to stop using Digital River!!!

I've had no issues, but just reading about all you guys going through hours on the phone for what should be a simple "we apologize for your inconvenience, we will send you a replacement with prepaid shipping label".

Posted via CB10
    Don't you think they should or would send brand new device? Not some fixed up one not even in a box? I'm twisted on what to do. May just live with the pixel. They said I could return to DR get refund and reorder. I refuse to deal with them again.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:16 PM
    Dude on phone said he's not sure what they will send to me for rma. I won't send back original or accept a device that is not brand new in the box. You didn't get brand new either Silver?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't get a brand new one in box, just the phone itself. but you can probably smell the phone and tell if its new or not, if its new it would have that new electronic smell, which mine had
    10-21-14 06:27 PM
    I didn't get a brand new one in box, just the phone itself. but you can probably smell the phone and tell if its new or not, if its new it would have that new electronic smell, which mine had
    Did you have a green pixel when on dark colors?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:33 PM
    ... didn't smell like a Mexican burrito? Lol.. jk

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:05 PM
    Feel your pain. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a replacement device.. still waiting.

On the plus side, Blackberry's customer service is pretty awesome. Too bad it's taking them forever to send me a replacement though (it's more Rogers than anything). Also, aside from the ridiculous phone resets, I saw a crap load of green pixels randomly popping up whenever I had the quick settings down so seems like there were quite a few lemons

Good luck OP!
    10-21-14 09:15 PM
    Screen Cracked when just opening My Passport-img_20141017_170707.jpg
    Did you have a green pixel when on dark colors?

Posted via CB10
    I guess you can call it green. I was very very tiny though
    10-21-14 10:03 PM
    The first Android device was the T-Mobile G1.
    10-21-14 10:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141017_170707.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	308289
    Mine looks green, but only on black background. Can't see it on any other color

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:16 PM
    Wow! Over 10 years on Android? That's an amazing feat since the first Android phone wasn't released until 2008. (HTC Dream Oct 22, 2008.)
    FYI, the first Android decice was the T-Mobile G1.
    10-21-14 10:16 PM
    FYI, the first Android decice was the T-Mobile G1.
    Same device.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    10-21-14 10:19 PM
    Mine looks green, but only on black background. Can't see it on any other color

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that pic was taken with a completely black background with screen on max and in a dark room

10-21-14 10:35 PM
    When Fed Ex arrived and asked me to sign on the dotted line,I did so without hesitation...I was so happy to get it, that only after he left and I signed ,that I realized I should of opened the Box and check out the Merchandise,man if that happened to me I would feel so................. Good Luck,I'm sure things will work out for you.I don't think they care for people to check things out and slow down deliveries so you should bitc* a bit and you 'll be Okay.I guess I'm late ,lol just noticed that,haha
    Yeah, jojo... :-)

That's why I opted for Optus this time, I mean, buying at a real store instead of online...

Imagine someone had ordered a Hongkong grey import and then this.... ouch!

And look at the prices, Optus, even full RRP of $899 AUD is great for brick-and-mortar...

Screen Cracked when just opening My Passport-img_20141022_145955.png

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-22-14 12:01 AM
    To the OP, If you paid for the unit with a CC, why don't you just file a dispute with them. It's a brand new device, and upon open said box, voila, a defective unit. Should just to a direct exchange. That why I us American Express, they have a great dispute/chargeback policy for it's cardholders. Visa is also very responsive. I know some countries have very liberal warranty laws, even more than here in the US.
    10-22-14 10:24 AM
    sendd it to me and get a new one
    10-22-14 12:53 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I was so happy when I opened the package but within the first three hours it rebooted like 20 times. I called Blackberry and Rogers the same day. Asked for a replacement. Still haven't received it. It's been about a week and a half and I just got a call saying it's backordred so in the process of cancelling the order all together but that has also proved to be a struggle.

I'm so sad the last few comments I've written are nothing good about blackberry. I love the company and I WANT the device but all these threads make me question if it's going to be another storm.
    10-22-14 06:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141017_170707.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	308289
    Looks like a UFO sighting!
    10-22-14 07:24 PM
    ^ lol
    10-22-14 10:00 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I was so happy when I opened the package but within the first three hours it rebooted like 20 times. I called Blackberry and Rogers the same day. Asked for a replacement. Still haven't received it. It's been about a week and a half and I just got a call saying it's backordred so in the process of cancelling the order all together but that has also proved to be a struggle.

I'm so sad the last few comments I've written are nothing good about blackberry. I love the company and I WANT the device but all these threads make me question if it's going to be another storm.
    It won't be another storm. The storm had some serious fundamental design flaws, the passport just has some slightly sub-par quality control that should be easy to sort out

10-22-14 10:04 PM
    It won't be another storm. The storm had some serious fundamental design flaws, the passport just has some slightly sub-par quality control that should be easy to sort out

I hope so.. REALLY want blackberry to listen and fix this for the next batches moving forward so I can pick one up. I'm still planning to cancel my order from Rogers only because I feel like at this point it'd be faster to pick one up at a store when there's more stock.
    10-22-14 10:09 PM
93 1234