Is the crack on the first surface or inner surface?
    it is underneath the glass
    10-21-14 03:15 PM
    Did you call Blackberry or Digital River?
    You should call Blackberry and explained to them you received the phone with a crack screen.
    Don't delay and ask them for an advance RMA.
    Talking to them .^^
    10-21-14 03:19 PM
    Can you please show a picture of the cover?
    Screen Cracked when just opening My Passport-718-mmi0inl._sl1500_.jpg
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-21-14 03:21 PM
    the case is soft and perfect fit not tie
    10-21-14 03:21 PM
    This is definitely a defect in workmanship and is not your fault.
    Depending where you order it, you should be fully covered by replacement warranty.
    10-21-14 03:26 PM
    Call BlackBerry they will do advanced rma. I did it for myself for reason way less serious (almost impossible to see dead pixel). Now I have two passports sitting on my desk, with one still waiting for a return shipping label from BlackBerry. I also ordered with coupon in canada. I was never backordered, so got it over a week ago

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    You had a green dot too? How long did it take to get the new device? I'm in the same boat, waiting for them to call me back. Let me know bud.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 03:33 PM
    I can remember I had acustomers who was waiting for weeks to get thePhone 5. One of the iPhone had a vertical crack from bottum to 2 cm up. It was near the cover and almost not visible at first but when you look good notice it. We allready send a new iPhone to the customer.

So I believe your story that it came out of the box like that and the change is very little because Phone's are checked when they get in the box but people also see Thousand Phone before they get in the box and then one could slip through.

I hope the store swap it, but the can do it and send the Phone back to blackberry
    10-21-14 03:39 PM
    Is the crack on the first surface or inner surface?
    10-21-14 03:43 PM
    UPDATE: checking your photo again it looks like the LCD screen broke instead of the screen. So the LCD screen get jammed somehow. If so it's a fault from the factory not yours.
    10-21-14 03:44 PM
    Call BlackBerry they will do advanced rma. I did it for myself for reason way less serious (almost impossible to see dead pixel). Now I have two passports sitting on my desk, with one still waiting for a return shipping label from BlackBerry. I also ordered with coupon in canada. I was never backordered, so got it over a week ago

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    I was on the phone an hour with a guy from Blackberry who was really nice and patient. He contacted Digital River to address my problems and finally they send me a return label for the replacement. Hopefully, it is not gonna take long.

P/S: the guy from blackberry told me that a large shipment is gonna be on coming Monday. Cheer for who are waiting.
    10-21-14 03:48 PM
    Good to hear you finally got through to someone who cares. Hopefully you will be enjoying a new phone soon.
    10-21-14 04:11 PM
    When Fed Ex arrived and asked me to sign on the dotted line,I did so without hesitation...I was so happy to get it, that only after he left and I signed ,that I realized I should of opened the Box and check out the Merchandise,man if that happened to me I would feel so................. Good Luck,I'm sure things will work out for you.I don't think they care for people to check things out and slow down deliveries so you should bitc* a bit and you 'll be Okay.I guess I'm late ,lol just noticed that,haha
    10-21-14 04:25 PM
    Idk what to do. I was on the phone with horrible customer service for haft hour. They said that there is no way for me to get a new one with the discounted price. I just back to Blackberry after over 10 years of using android coz the passport. But Blackberry is killing themselves by using Digital River as up front store. I am wondering why Blackberry does not run their own store at least like Dell, HP....I could not stand with digital customer service. In 2014 and you could not get replacement for the faulty product. I am thinking of returning mine but I wanna get a new one with the discounted price even though the Coupon was a mistake. But if I order a new one, I would get from Amazon.
    If the device is defective at the time of sale they have to replace it, regardless of the price. Did they advertise it 'as is' or 'used' or 'like new'... no, it was BNIB... so that is how you need to receive it, for whatever price you paid. don't let them fool you

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:28 PM
    I was on the phone an hour with a guy from Blackberry who was really nice and patient. He contacted Digital River to address my problems and finally they send me a return label for the replacement. Hopefully, it is not gonna take long.

P/S: the guy from blackberry told me that a large shipment is gonna be on coming Monday. Cheer for who are waiting.
    you could have asked for advanced RMA, so you get to use the defective device while waiting for the new one to arrive
    10-21-14 04:51 PM
    Silver, how long did it take for you to get one? I have the same issue with a pixel.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 05:08 PM
    Wow, I would feel horrible to be in your position. And I have been in your position before. It sure sucks! There's nothing you can do. Grab a muffin and sit on it.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    10-21-14 05:10 PM
    File a Better Business Bureau complaint, it usually grab their attention and you will probably get a replacement at the discounted price. Good luck!
    10-21-14 05:14 PM
    Silver, how long did it take for you to get one? I have the same issue with a pixel.

Posted via CB10
    about 5 or 6 business days
    10-21-14 05:23 PM
    Idk what to do. I was on the phone with horrible customer service for haft hour. They said that there is no way for me to get a new one with the discounted price. I just back to Blackberry after over 10 years of using android coz the passport. But Blackberry is killing themselves by using Digital River as up front store. I am wondering why Blackberry does not run their own store at least like Dell, HP....I could not stand with digital customer service. In 2014 and you could not get replacement for the faulty product. I am thinking of returning mine but I wanna get a new one with the discounted price even though the Coupon was a mistake. But if I order a new one, I would get from Amazon.
    Wow! Over 10 years on Android? That's an amazing feat since the first Android phone wasn't released until 2008. (HTC Dream Oct 22, 2008.)
    eldricho, Traxxmy and spikesolie like this.
    10-21-14 05:31 PM
    hey dude, i'm in the same boat.

I've got a defective light sensor. I've been dealing with digital river customer service since the 14th.

When I spoke to them last night, they said that they would honour the promotional price if I were to order it again, but they could not guarantee immediate delivery.

I told them that they need to put me in priority for the next shipment that is due to arrive on Oct 29. I will order a new Passport with the same price and return this defective unit.
    10-21-14 05:35 PM
    They issue me the RMA. I sent mine back for them to check and do the replacement. Idk how long it is gonna take. I am tired of dealing with them
    10-21-14 05:40 PM
    lol. That means I am android loyal customer. My mistake was the time,
    10-21-14 05:42 PM
    total time or oneway
    10-21-14 05:42 PM
    hey dude, i'm in the same boat.

I've got a defective light sensor. I've been dealing with digital river customer service since the 14th.

When I spoke to them last night, they said that they would honour the promotional price if I were to order it again, but they could not guarantee immediate delivery.

I told them that they need to put me in priority for the next shipment that is due to arrive on Oct 29. I will order a new Passport with the same price and return this defective unit.
    They issue me the RMA after hours on the phone. I sent mine back for them to check and do the replacement. Idk how long it is gonna take. I am tired of dealing with them
    10-21-14 05:44 PM
    you could have asked for advanced RMA, so you get to use the defective device while waiting for the new one to arrive
    I don't want any thing happen with the current phone. lol. I will play with my 4 years stupid HTC
    10-21-14 05:46 PM
93 1234