08-29-15 03:33 PM
90 ... 234
tools
    Exactly. It would take only a little time to take pictures and present them. Especially when dealing with heat and glass. To claim that regular ol' sunlight can crack glass...never seen it in all my years.

Are you typing on the "new" Passport they sent you, Poi? Don't see any double-typing. Looks clean man.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    Haha, not yet good sir; typing from my desktop. The posts from my Passport have my signature on them. You should see those posts without double types hopefully on Tuesday when I get my replacement's replacement.
    06-22-15 12:59 AM
    Pics or OP is trolling.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    06-22-15 03:11 AM
    When a user posts a problem but doesn't accompany said problem with evidence, chances of bullying increase exponentially. I've posted 2 threads now with the problems I've experienced: double typing and the state of a "brand new" device I just received. I added videos and pictures and got far less bullying.

It would help his case if he posted pictures. Not doing so raises suspicion. It would take him a whopping 10 minutes TOPS.
    In your posts -that you attached pitures and video-, did you get proper help?
    I mean, no comments like "not happen here", "mine is ok", or something like that.
    06-22-15 03:20 AM
    You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Where am I trolling? Last time I checked I'm just about the only one in this thread who believes him.

And yes, I understand you tweaking my sentence, but it still makes no sense, reread it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Yes I might have to work on it, any suggestions?
    Anyways when you wrote:
    " If the OP is being brutally and for sure knows he never dropped the device or introduced damage in any other way, then there is a slim possibility that the heat could've cracked it"
    I take that as trolling the affected user, he already stated his version, he might not had made a video like you but he told everything.

As you stated if someone publish all kind of evidence is less probable to be trolled but you have been also trolled with your double typing videos.
    (I might write there: you must be doing something wrong) * just kidding, I won't do that.

Anyways this is rubbish, users are being left all alone
    1.1 M devices sold, less than previous quarter, I wonder how many passport were returned

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 11:54 AM
    I find it plausible that heat could crack a pane of glass IF half of it were covered by something highly reflective, creating a sudden temperature difference from one half to the other. Anyone care to do the math on how long it might take given the thickness of the glass etc? No, me either. Oh well. Maybe OP dribbled on it.
    06-26-15 08:45 AM
    For your arguments,

- The screen has black background which soaks up heat very efficiently. You can put together a few hundreds Passport and run some copper pipe over it to get yourselves a solar water heater. Under sunlight, the passport screen will be heated up quickly and the temperature of the screen would be considerably higher than that of the ambient air and probably of the sunlight. Try walking bare-footed on white sand at midday and you'll see. Then imagine that it all the sand were black it would be tens of times hotter.

- Tempered glass can take huge force on its flat side but not on the side. You can hammer the face of a tempered glass table top without breaking it. But if you try to knock on the edge of it, knocking in from the side, you'll chip the glass for a start, and with more force, you'll crack and break it faster and easier than hitting on its flat face.

Posted from my Passport
    06-26-15 09:07 AM
    Did OP post pictures yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 11:40 AM
    Please fix your photo uploads OP.
    06-26-15 02:58 PM
    Sorry been busy this summer! Just to let you guys know. BB did send me a free replacement. Turns out it was a defective screen and not my fault. Thanks Poi25 for always understanding and believing me.
    08-28-15 01:36 PM
    Screen cracked due to heat-imag7306.jpg

Posted via my first ever BlackBerry: Passport (white)
    08-28-15 01:39 PM
    Oooooooooh

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:12 PM
    I agree, it perhaps ...or she ... was perhaps before that in a very cold place as e.g. these car holders that are just in front on the ventilation air output ... and it might have been the fast change of temperature jump

Or... did anybod touch it, I mean 3 minutes, was it out of sight???

But of course it could be a faulty charge in production, things like that happen ....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-15 04:35 PM
    I agree, it perhaps ...or she ... was perhaps before that in a very cold place as e.g. these car holders that are just in front on the ventilation air output ... and it might have been the fast change of temperature jump

Or... did anybod touch it, I mean 3 minutes, was it out of sight???

But of course it could be a faulty charge in production, things like that happen ....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kudos on using the proper pronoun. No one touched it, I was with a three other people (two 24 year olds and one 25 year old) and they were tanning, lying down relaxing. They really had no reason to touch it, plus they don't really grab my phone.

Whatever! Issue is resolved!
    08-28-15 09:48 PM
    Oh it was solved already - that's good news!!!

How was it solved

I got my PP Black today

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 02:07 PM
    Sorry been busy this summer! Just to let you guys know. BB did send me a free replacement. Turns out it was a defective screen and not my fault. Thanks Poi25 for always understanding and believing me.
    Glad you got it resolved man! Enjoy your replacement device.
    08-29-15 03:33 PM
90 ... 234