Hey friends,
    I just discovered that the screen of my beloved Passport SE is coming loose...

The top left corner is coming off.
    I can press it back in and it holds it for about a minute or so and comes back loose.

It's not that bad - but you can feel it.

Anyone know if it stays that way or will it become worse?
    Experience with that?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 08:56 AM
    Very well known issue 'screen lifting' many people fix it by super glue it
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-24-17 08:59 AM
    Thanks for you quick reply!
    So does it mean, it will get worse over time?

I got it for about 3 months now.
    This is frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 09:04 AM
    Will it get worse over time???? How did it get that way in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 09:15 AM
    In my case it doesn't get worse. It's a tiny tiny lift and it has been there for quite a while and I've (ab)used the phone extensively.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 10:14 AM
    Does this issue occur mostly in silver passports?

Posted via Nokia  3310
    02-24-17 06:09 PM
    OG has its issues too with the screen.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-24-17 06:16 PM
    I already have a Q10 and a Priv as my daily drivers, but I'm still lusting for a Passport SE. I've been aware of this screen lifting issue and this has been one of the reasons I'm still on the fence. Is this issue still prevalent on the newest units?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 04:15 AM
    I have that issue since I bought my SE, more than 1 year ago. It is till the same, it didn't get worse.
    I called for warranty and they said that if this is the situation are going to replace my phone with a new one.
    I am not sure if I will ask for a new one, or repair it myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 04:24 AM
    I have the same problem on an OG Passport.

Do you have a ,,how to-step by step" about how to super glue it ?
    02-25-17 04:38 AM
    I have that issue since I bought my SE, more than 1 year ago. It is till the same, it didn't get worse.
    I called for warranty and they said that if this is the situation are going to replace my phone with a new one.
    I am not sure if I will ask for a new one, or repair it myself.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm... not sure how that will work with all of the stock depleted... makes me wonder if they are, in fact, gone. (or if BlackBerry Mobile ought them all up. Ha!)
    02-25-17 05:38 AM
    Hmmm... not sure how that will work with all of the stock depleted... makes me wonder if they are, in fact, gone. (or if BlackBerry Mobile ought them all up. Ha!)
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. The worse case I will repair it myself. I found once a solution with some thin transparent adhesive tape resistant at high temperature here on crackberry forums, but I cannot find it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 06:21 AM
    OG has its issues too with the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Not as much as SE. I have 2 OG with no lifting and had 3 SE and all of them had lifting issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 06:41 AM
    Not as much as SE. I have 2 OG with no lifting and had 3 SE and all of them had lifting issue.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it has something to do with the different steel frame. I noticed that what actually happens is the phone bending and because as the heat in the upper right corner the glue doesn't do it's job correctly. The screen keeps it's straight shape and it's not attached to the phone in that bended area.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 06:58 AM
    I have the same problem on an OG Passport.

Do you have a ,,how to-step by step" about how to super glue it ?
    Try this fix...
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...d-fix-1034828/
    02-25-17 07:02 AM
    Had my OG since launch day + shipping from bb.com and no screen lifting on mine... never dropped my phone though

Posted from my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205
    02-25-17 07:46 AM
    The og passport looks like it wouldn't hold up well because of the square corners but I've dropped mine several times and no problems at all.

I use a case now that I find makes it easier to hold onto the phone and I'm wondering if anyone who's used both prefers holding one over the other

Posted via Nokia  3310
    02-25-17 11:28 AM
    I had a little lift on my original passport, which I attributed to putting in my front jeans pocket and then bending over. I thought that it just caused a minute twist in the frame. it was never a big issue for me and never got worse.

Sadly the device was destroyed in an accident.

My replacement passport SE has not had the issue in nearly one year.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:42 PM
    I've had two ATT passports with this issue. Super glue is your friend here... don't be surprised if it comes out again if you do any strenuous work.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 06:45 PM
    I just noticed the same thing happening to my SE. I purchased the phone late last year and was wondering, does Blackberry cover this under warranty?

Does anyone else's Passport suffer some serious battery drain when turned completely off? I switch between a Passport and Classic. If I turn off the Passport with a full 100% charge, and go back to it a few days later it'll be sitting at 50-60% battery life. The other day I put it down over 50% and the next day I turned it on to find it under 10%. Kinda frustrating.

Wondering if both of these issues are covered under warranty.
    03-11-17 10:29 AM
    I just noticed the same thing happening to my SE. I purchased the phone late last year and was wondering, does Blackberry cover this under warranty?

Does anyone else's Passport suffer some serious battery drain when turned completely off? I switch between a Passport and Classic. If I turn off the Passport with a full 100% charge, and go back to it a few days later it'll be sitting at 50-60% battery life. The other day I put it down over 50% and the next day I turned it on to find it under 10%. Kinda frustrating.

Wondering if both of these issues are covered under warranty.
    Nope, screen lift is a standard issue on the silver edition and the battery drain is caused by bb10 10.3.3(?) if I remember correctly.
    03-11-17 11:12 AM
    I figured that might be the issue with the battery.

Pretty bad on Blackberry's part if they don't consider screen lift a warranty issue.
    03-11-17 11:19 AM
    I figured that might be the issue with the battery.

Pretty bad on Blackberry's part if they don't consider screen lift a warranty issue.
    Apparently they decided to use cheap adhesive, but that's a really cheap fix if you are confident taking the phone apart.
    03-11-17 12:39 PM
    I'll have to give it a shot then. Thanks for the info!
    03-11-17 01:04 PM
    Screen lift was previously covered under warranty. I had my original og passport sent back a year or so ago and was replaced.

I'm not sure now what the situations will be and if they would potentially fix or how that's working anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 01:15 PM
27 12