So my Passport is currently resting after applying a Skinomi full body wrap (minus the two side pieces, which I could not get to curve enough to stay on properly), letting the bubbles and whatnot work themselves out (they are shrinking. Didn't expect that, but it's been a long time since I've applied a skin to a phone).

I've put off trying to sell my Classic for exactly this purpose, and the first thing I noticed when I turned it on was how gorgeous the colour blue looks on the phone. It's just... I don't know, almost more saturated, or more intense. It just looks a lot nicer. I remember feeling this way moving from my Q5 to the Classic as well, and hadn't noticed that the Passport didn't have quite such pretty blues until going back to the Classic.

Now, I know you can go into the display settings and choose the colour warmth and saturation (My Classic only seems to have warmth, though, I'm sure I saw saturation on my Passport), I'm just wondering what the best settings would be to mimic the vivid blues seen on the Classic, or if they're just using different screen technologies and it's impossible. I noticed under the bathroom light (I do all my skin applications in the bathroom, with the fan on, and the shower steamed up to prevent dust in the air) the Classic screen has a slight purple hue to it, and the Passport screen is a flat black, so I'm suspecting different screen technologies.

I know I'll never get back the amazing blacks/greens/oranges I had on my Q10 (I used to stick the CB10 and Blaq icons next to each-other for contrast, because they looked so great), but since neither the Classic nor the Passport are using OLED screens I figure I should at least be able to get the nice blues on both, no?
    02-21-16 08:31 AM
    As far as I remember BlackBerry were reproached with extremely enhanced colours on the Z10 and maybe other devices so that they turned them a bit down? Just as a presumption.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 09:08 AM
    Go to settings, display, change color settings.

There is a toggle of both color saturation & brightness.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-21-16 05:49 PM
    Even despite fiddling with the colour settings on the Passport, I doubt you've ever be able to get it to have the colour saturation of the Classic. I once used to own both the Passport Silver Edition and the Classic: now I just own the Classic. The Passport colours looked more unnatural and pictures taken on it had an ugly blue and grainy look to them. Pictures taken on the Classic look tons more better. It's hard to say why, but there is a very obvious difference between the two devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 07:57 PM
    Gotdang though, it's hard for me to justify using Q10/Classic tech specs, camera, and screen resolution in 2016 though. My Q10 was a step in the right direction coming from my sluggish Android 4.0.4 phone when I initially got it in November, but once you start using modern day (Android) apps and start really using the keyboard to quick launch a ton of apps at once, it struggles to keep up. Couldn't possibly ditch BB10OS however.
    04-15-16 01:04 AM