I've had my Passport for two and a half weeks now. I have a tempered glass screen protector installed and use a carbon fiber skin on the back. The phone seems very sturdily built however I've noticed scratches appearing on my volume up button. The metal there seems shinier than the steel frame and they've only developed on the volume up button. There are no scratches on the mute or volume down buttons.

Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone have any suggestions on anything to do to treat these microscratches? Thanks for any advice!

Scratches on Volume Key-photo-jan-28-18-10-35.jpg
    01-28-15 05:16 PM
    Same thing happened to my Samsung note 4's chrome edges on the bezel, I used cape code cloth and polished the scratches out,

You need to be careful with it though as it will really make the metal shiny!
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-28-15 07:09 PM
    Wow that's odd. Are the buttons metal or plastic is what I'd wonder
    01-28-15 07:29 PM
    Same thing happened to my Samsung note 4's chrome edges on the bezel, I used cape code cloth and polished the scratches out,

You need to be careful with it though as it will really make the metal shiny!
    I ordered Cape Cod cloths off amazon and they arrived today. Used them and gently polished the key with the scratches and it seemed to do the trick. They are only barely visible now and only if you are looking for it.

Thanks for the advice. I had never heard of them!
    01-30-15 02:44 PM
    Omg, these phones actually show wear!? Who would have thought.
    01-30-15 03:00 PM
    Omg, these phones actually show wear!? Who would have thought.
    I wouldn't think after two weeks it would in one specific area. That wasn't normal wear. My Pre3, iPhone, and Z30 have no scratches after being used for many months without a case.
    01-30-15 03:31 PM
    The jewelry polishing cloths for fine scratches can often be found under the brand name 'Sunshine Cloths'. You can usually find them in jewelry stores and bead shops as well as online.
    01-30-15 03:47 PM
    No problem cbosdell!

Glad you took my advice! Told you it would work

Have a great weekend!

I ordered Cape Cod cloths off amazon and they arrived today. Used them and gently polished the key with the scratches and it seemed to do the trick. They are only barely visible now and only if you are looking for it.

Thanks for the advice. I had never heard of them!
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-30-15 05:48 PM