I realize now I should have put screen protector on but is anyone else disappointed at how easily passport screen scratches? I've had the phone for little over a month and always try and put passport in my pocket without anything else but have major scratches on my screen. What was the point of using gorilla glass?
    12-01-14 01:52 PM
    After one month I also had a few lines on the screen. I'm disappointed. Now put on screen protector.
    12-01-14 01:56 PM
    Are you sure that the factory "screen protector" is not still in place?
    If it's G. glass, then a button on the shirt etc. won't do it.
    12-01-14 01:56 PM
    I'm pretty rough with mine and no marks what so ever.
    12-01-14 01:58 PM
    Are you sure that the factory "screen protector" is not still in place?
    If it's G. glass, then a button on the shirt etc. won't do it.
    I had chapstick and a pen in the same pocket as my passport on one occasion I'm thinking the clip of the pen scratched the screen. Is it true the more expensive screen protectors(ghost armor) will heal the screen of scratches?
    12-01-14 02:01 PM
    I had chapstick and a pen in the same pocket as my passport on one occasion I'm thinking the clip of the pen scratched the screen. Is it true the more expensive screen protectors(ghost armor) will heal the screen of scratches?
    Yes very true.
    12-01-14 02:02 PM
    I've put one scratch on mine since I've had it over a month. A hub swipe; I think I picked up some grit from the car.. Only visible in daylight. Kind of a relief actually to get that first one over with. The way I see it, by the time it's as old as my PlayBook, I won't care so might as well use it now. I'm going naked on this one too. I still am cautious for wear with it but other than that scratch, it's holding up great!
    12-01-14 02:26 PM
    None but I put on full body ghost armor after owning it for two weeks. Didn't want to take any chances

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-01-14 02:30 PM
    I love my Passport too much to destroy the feel, look and usability with body guards and or screen protectors.
    I have used my iPhone 4 for 3.5 years without ever using a case or screen protector, no visible damage or big scratches. I have used my Z10 for about a year, same, never a case or screen protector, no scratches, damage nothing. (the plastic at the bottom did get more 'smooth' because of swiping up on the screen, but no case would have avoided this)

Want your Passport to be brand new after 2-3 years with zero scratches? Leave it in the box and use another phone.
    12-01-14 02:59 PM
    The problem is, even with hardened glass like Gorilla Glass, those materials still can scratch easily by common stuff like sand grains for example. Basically everything which is harder than the glass itself. One of the reasons why I still recommend using screenprotectors even though the glass is hardened, at least if you care for a scratch free display.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:55 PM
    Ive had mine for a little over a month, but im really careful with it, never had it in my pocket with anything else. But on one occasion, I dropped it and it slid across the hardwood floor, not one scratch. I was actually impressed.

Posted from my flawless and amazing BlackBerry Passport. #LebanonBB
    12-01-14 04:01 PM
    Gorilla Glass is only resistant to marks and impact etc. It is not scratch or crack proof. A lot of people seem to think it is impervious to damage due to marketing blurbs and such.

Better a few pounds/dollars worth of tempered glass protector takes the hit than a much more expensive screen.
    12-01-14 04:03 PM
    Gorilla Glass and really any other glass scratches really easily with even the smallest particles of sand, which is sadly commonly a part of household dust or other dirt in our pockets, etc. My daughter pushed one of my Passports by accident face down on our hardwood floor and the phone had multiple scratches on the screen. We keep the flooring very clean too, however enough sand-dust was still on it to cause the scratches. Don't ride naked.
    12-01-14 05:23 PM
    I know I'd rather have some minor scratches after a few years of use on the smooth, excellent to the touch, glass, curved at the sides, surface of my Passport..

..compared to having to look every single time I use my Passport at a plastic sticker over the screen, making swipe gestures harder, lowering image quality, and to top it off, even scratching more easily so after 1 week the screen protector will make the screen look worse, than 2 years without using one ever will
    12-01-14 05:37 PM
    Where can I purchase full ghost armour?

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    12-01-14 05:48 PM
    I thought the gorilla glass was going to make it tougher? I've only had mine for a couple of weeks - just waiting on my Tetded folder to arrive. Being careful though.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:53 PM
    Where can I purchase full ghost armour?

Ghost Armor | Screen Protectors & Scratchproof Skins

You should order now because they have a 61% off promo running right now. I ordered two full body kits, six screen-only matte protectors, and two backings for $70.
    12-01-14 05:53 PM
    I thought the gorilla glass was going to make it tougher? I've only had mine for a couple of weeks - just waiting on my Tetded folder to arrive. Being careful though.

Posted via CB10
    People don't understand that glass, regardless of the fact that it feels very hard, isn't a very hard material. It actually scratches relatively easily by many things, especially sand-dust which is virtually everywhere.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    12-01-14 05:54 PM
    Not sure how it being in your pocket with nothing else could've scratched it. Mines is naked and I constantly lay it screen-down to activate standby on all types of surfaces (granite, wood, glass etc) with no marks yet. You had to something other than just putting it in your pocket with nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:28 PM
    No screen protector on mine and no scratches either...I do the same, try to put in a pocket with nothing else and just be careful with it in general and everything has been fine

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:39 PM
    People don't understand that glass, regardless of the fact that it feels very hard, isn't a very hard material. It actually scratches relatively easily by many things, especially sand-dust which is virtually everywhere.
    Thanks dejanh - can't wait to get my case on my passport now.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:02 PM
    Ghost Armor | Screen Protectors & Scratchproof Skins

You should order now because they have a 61% off promo running right now. I ordered two full body kits, six screen-only matte protectors, and two backings for $70.
    Is this hard to put on? The entire phone will be covered right?

12-01-14 08:17 PM
    Is this hard to put on? The entire phone will be covered right?

No, it's relatively easy. If you get the Carbon Armor then all the pieces are dry application except for the screen protector which is wet application. The full armor will cover the whole phone. Just follow the Ghost Armor instructions and you'll be fine. I've applied 10s of these over time. Do keep in mind though that the screen protector may not be reusable after the first application should you choose to remove it at some point in time. I find that a lot of dust particles stick to the adhesive side very quickly if you're removing it making re-application not possible, at least not without some fuss. I typically get two of each screen protector I need because of this reason. Also, they get dirty over time so it's nice to change it after a while.
    12-02-14 11:03 AM
    Yeah, probably some grit or something. Its amazing the little bits and pieces that it picks up in the environment. The tinies piece of grit in the pocket could very easily do it, its not always something as obvious as someone leaving their keys in their pocket or anything.
    Not sure how it being in your pocket with nothing else could've scratched it. Mines is naked and I constantly lay it screen-down to activate standby on all types of surfaces (granite, wood, glass etc) with no marks yet. You had to something other than just putting it in your pocket with nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:11 AM