Hey Guys,
    as you can see from my Topic, I already got scratches on the camera Lens, the device is just one Month old, and I can see little micro scratches on it.... Blakberry didn`t even answer the question which material has been used for the camera Lens glass and the flash light conered part of the back...

Have you experienced same issues on your Passport?
    And how can i prevent that to happen, there is no camera lens protection on the market as I know.
    Regards Simon
    02-09-15 02:47 AM
    Cut a screen protector to fit that area. Use a case, like the leather pouch so it is protected when not in use. Or some other kind of case that protects the lens.

Some things just require extra attention, like how to protect the lens if it something a person doesn't want scratched.

Posted via CB10
    sim_on94 likes this.
    02-09-15 03:02 AM
    I've had my Passport for 4 months now and have no scratches on the camera lens. I keep mine in either a jacket or pants pocket with nothing else with it. As for a lens protector haven't seen or heard anything, but you could cut a screen protector to fit the camera lens. Just cut what you need and use the rest of it for another time when the one gets wrecked. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 03:05 AM
    Yeah thank you for the advice! I have a silicon Cover for my blackberry passport, but i doesn`t help as you can see, i feel really disspaointed, that Blackberry hasn`t used better material for a 600 $ smartphone, maybe Gorilla Glass 2 would be fine but saphire glass is better
    02-09-15 03:06 AM
    I had to remove mine. It's definitely not glass as it dented.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=993987

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Adam Rees; 02-09-15 at 01:28 PM.
    02-09-15 01:01 PM
    I had to remove mine. It's defiantly not glass as it dented.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=993987

Posted via CB10
    Defiantly? Who is it defying?
    02-09-15 01:23 PM
    Defiantly? Who is it defying?
    Definitely auto corrected me there ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 01:25 PM
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/defiantly
    defiant *(dĭ-fī′ənt)
    adj.
    Marked by defiance; boldly resisting

Sorry I was just making a joke, the word is definitely, anyway that's what I think you wanted to say. And I don't think there's much to do to protect the camera lens other than a case.
    Covering it with a plastic could easily deteriorate the quality
    Adam Rees and sim_on94 like this.
    02-09-15 01:28 PM
    i cut out a circle from another display protecion so the lens cannot become scratchi in the next months, The quality of the pictures is the same. I cannot recommend you to cut out pieces for the plastic part where the flash light is, because the picture will become shimmery with a blue touch, so the only thing which i could protect is the camela Lens glass itself
    02-10-15 09:30 AM