We'll miss you!

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    10-28-14 01:54 PM
    After waiting since launch for the Blackberry Passport to be released on AT&T, I have officially given up, and I wave sayonara to Blackberry.
    The management's marketing of the Passport, or any new phone for that matter, is a complete joke.
    Believe it or not, the USA is still a fairly large market (though not as important as Vietnam, India, Germany, Australia, and all the third world countries that have the Passport).
    Blackberry has not had a new product released since the Q series (that's not restricted to one carrier).
    How can you possibly expect to be a viable alternative to anything when you go 2 years without releasing a new product?
    And then when you do, you exclude the United States, or at least everyone in the US who can't afford to cough up 600 bucks!
    So, given the option of driving to a Best Buy in Canada, (where I CAN get one, for $199.00) or saying goodbye to Blackberry, who doesn't seem to want my money, or my wife's, it's time to move on.
    Shop Blackberry...it's there and you can buy it. Did you not think about this? I just want to know. It would have been my first choice to buy from.
    10-28-14 02:02 PM
    How can you blame BlackBerry for this? They have no control over what USA carriers decide. I do not see this as a useless thread- I see this as a BB loyalist looking for a hug. Plus with 5-posts under your belt here at CB, you can easly be look upon as trolling... Either way, leaving BB because of USA carriers is not the best most inteligent thing to post on CB... Enjoy day and your new device!!
    10-28-14 02:13 PM
    You should say bye to ATT, not BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    david7saad and tanzarian like this.
    10-28-14 02:14 PM
    *whomp whomp whomp*
    10-28-14 02:16 PM
    So OP, please tell us what you moved on to?
    10-28-14 02:43 PM
    I could have said the same thing in three words. You must have a Blackberry passport or you are behind your computer to type that many sentences. Good bye, we will surely miss you.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:46 PM
    As I'm sitting here in the United States looking down at my Unlocked Passport sitting on my desk working perfectly fine on T-Mobile all I can say is ... ok bye. I would much rather buy an unlocked phone that gets immediate software updates from BlackBerry than wait on any US carrier at this point. I think they definitely realized how poor carrier support was in the US which is why they made it available to buy DAY 1 in the US unlocked.
    tanzarian and bungaboy like this.
    10-28-14 02:48 PM
    Cheers! Man you Americans get whiney when you can't get a phone at a subsidized price. Talk to your IT department. That's BlackBerry's main customer and focus in the US.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you have to say "you americans" ? He's one person in a sea of 300,000,000 other Americans. There are plenty of people of different nationalities that think the same. I completely understand the subsidized price and I agree that $199 for a phone with a contract is a great deal, but to say we're all wining babies given this ONE situation is pretty ignorant on your part.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-28-14 02:51 PM
    As I'm sitting here in the United States looking down at my Unlocked Passport sitting on my desk working perfectly fine on T-Mobile all I can say is ... ok bye. I would much rather buy an unlocked phone that gets immediate software updates from BlackBerry than wait on any US carrier at this point. I think they definitely realized how poor carrier support was in the US which is why they made it available to buy DAY 1 in the US unlocked.
    WAIT I didn't know that. You can get immediate software updates by simply buying unlocked???

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-28-14 02:52 PM
    What if Apple and Samsung paid companies like ATT to drag their feet?

Sayonara Blackberry!-mind-blown.jpg

Posted from my Canadian Passport
    10-28-14 02:57 PM
    I understand where he is coming from. Sure maybe it is an ATT issue but as a huge Blackberry fan and supporter i do think is BS they haven't released any statement about the ATT release. I do not have an extra 600 bucks to spend, so the subsidy def helps. I feel like Blackberry and ATT are giving us the run around and being very secretive about the release
    10-28-14 03:02 PM
    So... you are upset that you can't have it right now, so you will never have it... ok... I guess it could be worse
    10-28-14 03:06 PM
    maybe his current phone is broken, or not working as well as it should and he needs a replacement?
    10-28-14 03:08 PM
    So OP, please tell us what you moved on to?
    He followed the iSheep ! Lol

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    10-28-14 03:10 PM
    After waiting since launch for the Blackberry Passport to be released on AT&T, I have officially given up, and I wave sayonara to Blackberry.
    The management's marketing of the Passport, or any new phone for that matter, is a complete joke.
    Believe it or not, the USA is still a fairly large market (though not as important as Vietnam, India, Germany, Australia, and all the third world countries that have the Passport).
    Blackberry has not had a new product released since the Q series (that's not restricted to one carrier).
    How can you possibly expect to be a viable alternative to anything when you go 2 years without releasing a new product?
    And then when you do, you exclude the United States, or at least everyone in the US who can't afford to cough up 600 bucks!
    So, given the option of driving to a Best Buy in Canada, (where I CAN get one, for $199.00) or saying goodbye to Blackberry, who doesn't seem to want my money, or my wife's, it's time to move on.
    Blackberry can't sell where it's not wanted. When the fad if owning a iphone to fit into your work or friends groups wares off, the American stores may start selling blackberry again. Until then blame your Cell providers!!! They are the problem.

Pretty stupid to think a manufacturing company making a good to sell would not want to sell in a country, right? You would have to be foolish to think any company doesn't want to sell in a market.
    10-28-14 03:11 PM
    Blackberry actually did something right this time, which is to make it available unlocked from day one. Its done well and they've had some inventory problems.

But the AT&T issue is not BBRY 's fault. If you abandon BlackBerry because of this, that is fine. I'm sure there's plenty others waiting to buy the ones you won't get.

BTW, price seems to be going up, so AT&T may actually come out at a $250 price point for a contract!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:31 PM
    U will be back u all do at the end.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:34 PM
    my main issue is the silence from both companies about the release date. Both aren't saying anything except that it is coming soon. No updates since the launch. its really upsetting for someone like me who has been eagerly waiting
    10-28-14 03:35 PM
    Just buy the phone outright. People should learn that if you keep getting subsidized phones the plan price will continue to increase. Buy the phone from shopblackberry.com and be free of contracts. Make them fight for your dollar and not the other way around. What i see is people actually saying to carriers please take my money, pretty please.
    10-28-14 03:41 PM
    not everyone has 600/700 spare dollars laying around. Subsidies help. I am grandfathered into unlimited data since my first blackberry curve. There are other positives as well, such as tech support, insurance, and warranties. I had two Z10s replaced the by ATT no questions asked without having to send them in. I just went to their warranty centers. the real problem is the silence from both companies
    10-28-14 04:03 PM
    Perhaps over in the iPhone forums, they need a 'positive' fan like you.
    10-28-14 04:20 PM
    hey you guys catch that dallas washington game last night you know it was pretty good because most the monday night games have just stunk this year
    10-28-14 04:22 PM
    Alright, enough of this.
    10-28-14 04:22 PM
49 12