After waiting since launch for the Blackberry Passport to be released on AT&T, I have officially given up, and I wave sayonara to Blackberry.
    The management's marketing of the Passport, or any new phone for that matter, is a complete joke.
    Believe it or not, the USA is still a fairly large market (though not as important as Vietnam, India, Germany, Australia, and all the third world countries that have the Passport).
    Blackberry has not had a new product released since the Q series (that's not restricted to one carrier).
    How can you possibly expect to be a viable alternative to anything when you go 2 years without releasing a new product?
    And then when you do, you exclude the United States, or at least everyone in the US who can't afford to cough up 600 bucks!
    So, given the option of driving to a Best Buy in Canada, (where I CAN get one, for $199.00) or saying goodbye to Blackberry, who doesn't seem to want my money, or my wife's, it's time to move on.
    10-28-14 12:24 PM
    OK, goodbye

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.3062
    10-28-14 12:27 PM
    Glad to hear it. Move on and find what works for you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post10864016
    10-28-14 12:30 PM
    Bye.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-28-14 12:31 PM
    Uh, you can't buy a Passport for $199 outright in Canada. Thats on contract and locked to the carrier.

It's $699 unlocked up here.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and MLDodier like this.
    10-28-14 12:36 PM
    Cheers! Man you Americans get whiney when you can't get a phone at a subsidized price. Talk to your IT department. That's BlackBerry's main customer and focus in the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:40 PM
    LOL at your post count, how will we ever survive without you?
    srfinva, THBW, NYTOC83 and 3 others like this.
    10-28-14 12:40 PM
    Buy it from shop BlackBerry. Problem solved, it's only paper.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83, THBW and bungaboy like this.
    10-28-14 12:42 PM
    Lol just lol...someone is butthurt lol. Why wait for the useless American networks when u can just buy it outright, which many Americans have done.

Geezus someone call the OP a wahhh-bulance please.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:45 PM
    a picture says a 1000 words
    10-28-14 12:49 PM
    I would have said Sayonara AT&T instead.

Enjoy your new device.
    10-28-14 12:49 PM
    Not another one of these useless threads.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-28-14 12:53 PM
    Thanks for your positive contributions to the CrackBerry Community.

Toodles.
    10-28-14 12:55 PM
    I for one understand the frustration. I don't understand US carriers and haven't since the big delays in making the Z10 and Q10 available to American customers. We have an entirely new executive team at BlackBerry since that time so I don't see how you can blame the company for AT&T not offering the Passport yet. It's the biggest market in the world for mid to upper tier goods so I don't get all these delays.

Having said that, and understanding the OP's frustration, why leave? The only reason that I really understand is your device is broken. Otherwise bud, patience is available virtue.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-28-14 12:56 PM
    @bungaboy

Lmao!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:57 PM
    Hearing someone talk about Vietnam here! At Vietnam you can buy Passport at 800$++ unlocked, and i have one from Oct 10. Very happy what i paid.

Posted via SQW100-1
    10-28-14 12:58 PM
    Would be nice if people who post threads like this did some research.,... issue in US is with the carrier as it always has been,,,, Passport has been in carrier testing for the last couple of months with AT&T ... well before the Passport launch.... this has been an issue in the past for BB product cycle.... as american carriers make their money off Apple.. and Android... BB is at the bottom of the pecking order.... which is why their devices are always released late... this has been discussed to death.... I ATT&T does not want to release the phone till next year... how is that BB fault... they do not control the carriers and because they are no longer a player in the consumer market have no pull whatsoever...... BB has marketed the Passport to the Enterprise market not consumer ... hence no advertising...... it is not as if you cannot order one in the states..., simply go to Amazon or Shopblackberry....
    10-28-14 01:04 PM
    Shame on bbry for at&t deciding to not carry the passport.

The One And Only Knight From The Round Table Of The Peevishlicious Crew-SirJes
    ThaMunsta and srfinva like this.
    10-28-14 01:05 PM
    useless thread but ATT has been known to not get it till 2015 lol just like all usa carriers they drag their feet when devices come out.
    10-28-14 01:24 PM
    Less QQ.

It is not BBRY's fault that ATT is dragging their feet. You can buy it outright, or if you can't afford it then use that upgrade to get an IP6 for like $200 then sell it for $800 and use THAT money to buy it outright...or, you know, just give up and settle for an inferior phone.
    10-28-14 01:25 PM
    Yea... pretty sure BlackBerry would kill to have the support of carriers in the United States.. That's not exactly something they control.

However in regards to your farewell; goodbye, good luck and know that we wont judge you if you come crawling back.
    10-28-14 01:33 PM
    I'm OK with waiting for a while on AT&T, by the time it launches blackberry will of announced a new device and I'll want to wait for that, haha. Looks like the z10 is going to have to last me a long time at this rate. I tried reaching out on twitter and got sent to a Web page on how to unlock your devices through AT&T... That's what we are dealing with so I expect them to take at least a month to figure out how to turn on the phone.

I don't blame blackberry at all, AT&T has made us wait on phones and updates time and time again. I'm not a big fan of apple or android devices so waiting a little bit longer for the best phones on the market is not a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:42 PM
    I agree that it stinks that it wasn't released by AT&T closer to launch. Ultimately that is why I purchased mine unlocked, since the AT&T release seemed so far away. However, I'm not sure who's fault that is more...Blackberry's or AT&T's. I think some of both, but perhaps more of the latter.
    10-28-14 01:45 PM
    - Useless thread .. Blame your carriers .. not Blackberry. Oh before I forget ... Bye bye
    10-28-14 01:45 PM
    lol nice knowing you! Enjoy your next device. I hope john won't be too heart broken about your entire family of two leaving BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:47 PM
49 12