Was at the Richmond Fair (small town outside of Ottawa). When I see this guy snapping pictures of his children. Then I notice it......no mistaking it, a BlackBerry Passport.

I pretty much smiled from ear to ear left my wife and kid and bolted over . Probably looked like a crazy person but I didn't care, as I've been dying to see one up close and personal. I politely excused myself and asked, is that what I think it is? He gave me a bewildered look until I followed up with....is that a BlackBerry Passport?

The gentleman (to which I won't name) smiled and said it definitely is! He proceeded to show me some things with the keyboard and typing and then let me hold it. I would have loved to just sit there and chat as this guy was super friendly and was probably as excited to show me what the Passport could do, as I was to seeing it action. But in true child like form, his little ones started screaming for their dad to go do stuff, so my chance encounter was over quicker then it started.

Nevertheless, what I can say is that the screen is HUGE and beautiful and the keyboard although awkward at a glance, does seem to be very functional from what was shown to me. Holding it was also a bit awkward but I can definitely see why it would grow on you. I'd be coming from a Z10, so going from this phone to a Passport might take some getting use to. Wish I could have see some more but just didn't get the chance. Bummer!

All and all looks like a great device.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    09-20-14 07:03 PM
    luckyyyyy!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:10 PM
    Woah!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:46 PM
    Was at the Richmond Fair (small town outside of Ottawa). When I see this guy snapping pictures of his children. Then I notice it......no mistaking it, a BlackBerry Passport.

I pretty much smiled from ear to ear left my wife and kid and bolted over . Probably looked like a crazy person but I didn't care, as I've been dying to see one up close and personal. I politely excused myself and asked, is that what I think it is? He gave me a bewildered look until I followed up with....is that a BlackBerry Passport?

The gentleman (to which I won't name) smiled and said it definitely is! He proceeded to show me some things with the keyboard and typing and then let me hold it. I would have loved to just sit there and chat as this guy was super friendly and was probably as excited to show me what the Passport could do, as I was to seeing it action. But in true child like form, his little ones started screaming for their dad to go do stuff, so my chance encounter was over quicker then it started.

Nevertheless, what I can say is that the screen is HUGE and beautiful and the keyboard although awkward at a glance, does seem to be very functional from what was shown to me. Holding it was also a bit awkward but I can definitely see why it would grow on you. I'd be coming from a Z10, so going from this phone to a Passport might take some getting use to. Wish I could have see some more but just didn't get the chance. Bummer!

All and all looks like a great device.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Man you're making me giddy

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-20-14 07:56 PM
    That's great!!

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    ivantoothache likes this.
    09-20-14 07:57 PM
    I would have started with, "sir would you like me to snap a picture for you." 😄
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-20-14 08:04 PM
    Damn lucky! There isn't going to be rocking a review device out here in the middle of no where Manitoba.

I would have mugged him. Fair and square! Would have been worth it!

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-21-14 12:20 AM
    I would have started with, "sir would you like me to snap a picture for you." ��
    And then run like a hell with it, disappear, and post up a review on CB for all us poor deprived souls.
    stealthbob and D3C0D3R like this.
    09-21-14 06:48 AM
    Damm, I live just over in Perth and was going to go to the same Fair.

Put it off until today and as OP knows, crappy weather now.
    09-21-14 09:26 AM
    Damm, I live just over in Perth and was going to go to the same Fair.

Put it off until today and as OP knows, crappy weather now.
    Ya weather is horrible in Ottawa today.

Apparently, this was a first gen hardware Passport the guy was using. He told me BlackBerry is currently on their 5th revision for Passport hardware. Unit he had looked like it had already been put through it's paces, so it would be nice to see something closer to what is to go to market.

Even this DEV unit had a premium feel and the screen on this thing was massive. Still, even with all that and seeing it in person, I think I'm going to hold off. I'll probably pick up a Z30 for cheap cheap in November and wait for BlackBerry to produce a successor to either the Z10 or Z30.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    09-21-14 10:35 AM
    Obligatory: Pics or didn't happen!

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-21-14 10:52 AM