Not to derail here but is there a way to do the swipe down on the keyboard where the numbers and symbols will stay until you do another swipe down? Its tedious to continue to swipe down every time you want to enter a number in and really slows down the typing process.
    On the virtual keyboard, hold down the "123" button for about three seconds, this will expand the virtual keyboard with the matching physical keyboard characters in a locked state so you could type numbers back to back without having to swipe after each number. Press the bottom right key on the virtual keyboard when you are ready to go back to the default setup.
    donnation and ladeberry like this.
    03-01-15 02:55 PM
    Great job, OP!

BlackBerry should pay you some commission or give you some gift.
    03-01-15 03:16 PM
    The only traing a local att store here had was along with other phones. The person talking to the CSRs just said. Something like, " here is the BB Classic, Passport and they have a HUB " That was it! With the Z10 gone from the store and no one coming in with questions, they are clueless again.
    03-01-15 03:34 PM
    AT&T should hire you. Good job though.
    03-01-15 04:01 PM
    This is actually one of the best 'unboxing & review' for BlackBerry Passport -

See the way he described the Passport plus demonstrating basic and some advance UI and functionality. New users can easily learn and adopt BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 04:30 PM
    On the virtual keyboard, hold down the "123" button for about three seconds, this will expand the virtual keyboard with the matching physical keyboard characters in a locked state so you could type numbers back to back without having to swipe after each number. Press the bottom right key on the virtual keyboard when you are ready to go back to the default setup.
    Thank you so much for this.
    03-01-15 05:36 PM
    With the pkb, inputting digits and symbols can actually be fun again!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:52 PM
    AT&T should hire you. Good job though.
    I'm actually a contractor for them I manage the construction and upgrades of their networks in the NY/NJ area.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 08:09 PM
    Passport really is a great phone if people would just take the time to look for answers. Sadly many people don't know where to look and the store reps are for the most parts clueless. Good job for showing him the ropes.

Passport on AT&T
    BlackBerry marketing
    03-02-15 03:30 AM
    Thanks OP, great job! I would do the same if I had the chance, but I have a pretty hard time making myself to enter a carrier store unless required.
    03-02-15 03:52 AM
    Are you sure you're not a BlackBerry rep?

It takes time and some research on the user's end to find out all the neat tricks to appreciate how amazing the Passport really is.

Posted via CB10
    Or just own one....

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:03 AM
    Like I always said the sale people always like to push the iPhones and Android devices I no I deal with Verizon you walk in the store no blackberry phones . the sales people tell you to go online on Verizon. Wat the hell the store is for.I have a Verizon account so I go on eBay for my blackberry phones we need people like you in cellphone stores
    03-02-15 11:16 AM
    Thanks for keeping BB alive so I can enjoy them in the future.
    Just left a AT&T store in NYC and while I was there I saw a customer returning a Passport trying to decide between Android and Apple. I approached the individual and asked him why he was returning the phone while conspicuously placing my Red Passport on the table to intrigue him. He was in awe when he saw mine and asked to handle it for a bit which I gladly allowed. So he continued to tell me his reasons for returning the phone which were; flickering, and not liking to have to press the virtual number button to access numbers and symbols, he had it for a week or so and could not get used to it. I asked.. that's it? He clearly had no idea as to the power of the phone, so I began my walk-through with him I first explained to him that the flickering was a software issue and it was being addressed soon then I proceeded to show him the swipe down for the numbers and symbols keys and he was amazed, I continued with the Hub and color coding of accounts, reader mode in the browser etc. I was there with him for 40mins! I sold him when I told him the phone supported wireless charging and showed him how to use the phone as a drive as he mentioned he was a grad student and needed that ability but wasn't aware the Passport could do this. At this point he decided to keep it. He was very grateful and asked if he could have my email in case he had questions, of course I obliged. Glad I was able to make make a save.

I spoke to the rep and he had no idea the phones were capable of wireless charging. I also asked about sales and he said people have been picking them up, he added he sold 2 Passports and 3 Classics earlier today.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 11:20 AM
    Or just own one....

Posted via CB10
    Owning one doesn't necessarily mean knowing everything about the phone just like OP stated. I know some friends who own smartphones and don't know anything except to make simple phone calls and send out text messages.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 11:29 AM
    I'm beginning to think BlackBerry should look into multi-level marketing schemes to sell devices since it seems the only people promoting them are fans. The phone store reps sure aren't doing it.
    03-02-15 01:47 PM
    I'm beginning to think BlackBerry should look into multi-level marketing schemes to sell devices since it seems the only people promoting them are fans. The phone store reps sure aren't doing it.
    I bet 90% of sales lost for BlackBerry are at the carrier stores... a serious problem that no amazing product can change. It's all perception of past bbs at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 03-03-15 at 12:05 PM.
    03-02-15 01:59 PM
    Cool! BlackBerry needs to add you to the payroll.
    03-02-15 02:15 PM
    blackberry needs a better quick start guide in the box...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-02-15 06:47 PM
    blackberry needs a better quick start guide in the box...
    Quick start guide is on the device. Tutorial and Help app.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:18 PM
    I tried it once with store's show unit, and it's not easy to use the keyboard, some serious learning curve needed
    03-02-15 07:18 PM
    Cool.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    03-02-15 07:19 PM
    Chen needs to send you a check. You did more for BlackBerry in 40 mins than what BlackBerry has done for itself in 2 years...

emPowered by 
    03-02-15 07:33 PM
    Somebody give this man a cigar!!

That was real brilliant, and nice of you!

Just left a AT&T store in NYC and while I was there I saw a customer returning a Passport trying to decide between Android and Apple. I approached the individual and asked him why he was returning the phone while conspicuously placing my Red Passport on the table to intrigue him. He was in awe when he saw mine and asked to handle it for a bit which I gladly allowed. So he continued to tell me his reasons for returning the phone which were; flickering, and not liking to have to press the virtual number button to access numbers and symbols, he had it for a week or so and could not get used to it. I asked.. that's it? He clearly had no idea as to the power of the phone, so I began my walk-through with him I first explained to him that the flickering was a software issue and it was being addressed soon then I proceeded to show him the swipe down for the numbers and symbols keys and he was amazed, I continued with the Hub and color coding of accounts, reader mode in the browser etc. I was there with him for 40mins! I sold him when I told him the phone supported wireless charging and showed him how to use the phone as a drive as he mentioned he was a grad student and needed that ability but wasn't aware the Passport could do this. At this point he decided to keep it. He was very grateful and asked if he could have my email in case he had questions, of course I obliged. Glad I was able to make make a save.

I spoke to the rep and he had no idea the phones were capable of wireless charging. I also asked about sales and he said people have been picking them up, he added he sold 2 Passports and 3 Classics earlier today.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:13 PM
    Store units are the worst to 'try' anything on.
    Either they are a solid piece of empty plastic or the power is never on them.
    03-02-15 09:15 PM
    Bravo!! Great job!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:04 AM
77 1234