The Remember app is useful for saving notes and tasks. Is it possible to save my notes onto my home computer? If I lose my Blackberry or break it, I'm wondering how I can recover all the notes or data from the Remember app. Anyone know?

My second question is, does anyone have any favorite apps for typing and saving notes really quick on the Passport? I don't know if the Remember app is the fastest way to quickly type notes on the fly. Just curious if anyone has any favorite apps for this.

Thanks!
    09-23-15 04:44 AM
    The Remember app is useful for saving notes and tasks. Is it possible to save my notes onto my home computer? If I lose my Blackberry or break it, I'm wondering how I can recover all the notes or data from the Remember app. Anyone know?

My second question is, does anyone have any favorite apps for typing and saving notes really quick on the Passport? I don't know if the Remember app is the fastest way to quickly type notes on the fly. Just curious if anyone has any favorite apps for this.

Thanks!
    I set a keyboard shortcut to open my remember app...all I need to do is press and hold that key, hit "New Task" and I'm typing. Pretty quick.....
    09-23-15 07:46 AM
    You might want to use Evernote for that. I'm using it within Remember to sync my notes to the cloud.

Via Pasta CB10
    09-23-15 07:53 AM
    Evernote bro.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    09-23-15 07:59 AM
    Of course the obvious answer here is to do a backup of your phone using link or whatever the current best way to do that is....but even then you can only access the info by restoring the backup to another blackberry phone. If you want the info on your computer...the way I do that is to open whatever note you want to save, hit menu (three dots) and select share. Then email it to yourself. Now at least it's on your computer....you could copy and paste the contents of the email into whatever you like. Or just leave it in your email....nowadays those things will be retrievable for years....I can look at emails I wrote from 2011, with a free gmail account....
    09-23-15 08:04 AM
    You might want to use Evernote for that. I'm using it within Remember to sync my notes to the cloud.

Via Pasta CB10
    So, is it possible to transfer notes from the Remember app to Evernote? How do you do this?
    09-23-15 08:10 AM
    The Remember App...
    I think, when you backup and restore with link, you should backup and restore "with options".

If you want to synchronise the App with free sites online: the tasks can be synchronized to your outlook (the free online email@outlook.com account, not the desktop outlook). The notes of Remember can be synched to your Evernote account.

If you won't synch online and whish to save to your PC, you should use an App. The free version of the App is named FireChestBackUp but I recomment the paid version of the same developer and it is named BackUpPro... it is worth its money!!

I used all those methods. Synching with Link is the worst of them. With FireChest you have an ultimate BackUp.
    The method of synching is not bad though. I have an iPad and my notes are synched to it, too... any task or not I enter on any device (Q10, Passport, iPad, PC) is updated to Outlook.com/Evernote and never lost!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-23-15 08:14 AM
    Well, I found I can share my notes with Evernote. Or I can do what you suggest with the email method. It will be tedious saving each note individually. Most of my notes are divided into colored folders. It would have been nice if the folders could be shared, as that would save me the trouble of saving each note individually. I guess it will have to suffice for now.
    09-23-15 08:15 AM
    Synch to evernote is easy!
    First install the evernote App.
    Register with valid email and memorise the password.

Then, goto device settings, accounts, new account.
    Evernote is listed there.
    Enter your login and password.

In Remember, you discover a new folder in the "Notes" section with the default evernote folder.

When you add a new folder in the notes section of remember, you can chose to synch the folder to evernote.

Cheers!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-23-15 08:20 AM
    Save data from the "Remember" app?  (Apps for notes)-img_20150923_152045.png

(new folder and you see you can save to the device or make it a synched folder to evernote)

rcranz likes this.
    09-23-15 08:21 AM
    Well, I found I can share my notes with Evernote. Or I can do what you suggest with the email method. It will be tedious saving each note individually. Most of my notes are divided into colored folders. It would have been nice if the folders could be shared, as that would save me the trouble of saving each note individually. I guess it will have to suffice for now.
    Try it yourself.
    I discovered that the notes are searchable and add tags instead of making too much folders. The colors are irrelevant.
    Only one task folder and only one notes folder and the notes are grouped by adding a tag.
    Very practical and uncluttered.

But it is a matter of taste!

rcranz likes this.
    09-23-15 08:25 AM
    Hi anischab. I tried your method but I dont see the Evernote option when I create a new folder. I might have to reinstall Evernote. I think I removed some privileges for the Evernote app when I first installed it. For example, I think I removed the checkmark for giving access to my BB files. Let me see how it goes.
    09-23-15 08:27 AM
    Hi anischab. I tried your method but I dont see the Evernote option when I create a new folder. I might have to reinstall Evernote. I think I removed some privileges for the Evernote app when I first installed it. For example, I think I removed the checkmark for giving access to my BB files. Let me see how it goes.
    Oh you should give it "all" permissions... coz it synchs data, voice notes, use camera app to make a note etc...

You must not reinstall... go to system options, secutity, app permissions and chose evernote and adjust the permissions there!

09-23-15 08:32 AM
    Synch to evernote is easy!
    First install the evernote App.
    Register with valid email and memorise the password.

In Remember, you discover a new folder in the "Notes" section with the default evernote folder.

When you add a new folder in the notes section of remember, you can chose to synch the folder to evernote.

Cheers!

Good tip! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 08:36 AM
    You don't even need the app (doesn't hurt though) and the app works without any permissions, just add Evernote in accounts and it will appear in Remember. The you'd have to move your existing notes, but after that just create notes inside the Evernote folder. Fun fact - with Remember you don't need a premium account to edit offline notes .

Via Pasta CB10
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-23-15 08:38 AM
    Ok. I checked the app permissions for Evernote. Everything is turned on, including: Run in Background, Location, Calendar, Contacts, Shared Files, Device Indentifying Information, and Microphone. My Evernote version is 5.8.0.1111. My Passport OS software is 10.3.2.2474.

I still don't see any references to Evernote when I create a new folder with Remember. I will keep looking. Maybe I missed something?
    09-23-15 08:39 AM
    @OP Did you do that?

Via Pasta CB10
    rcranz likes this.
    09-23-15 08:50 AM
    I was having trouble with my Remember notes (they're the third most important thing I have on my Z30, after my contacts and email messages) and there was no help from Evernote or attempting to sync to Outlook or anything.

Firechest Backup Pro did the trick.

It costs $4.99 or something, but it not only lets you sync your notes, you can actually EDIT them, and then put them BACK on the device.

You back them up to dropbox or box... unencrypted if you want to download a .JSON file of the notes to edit them. (do I need to say "don't do an unencrypted backup if your Remember notes contain passwords and credit card numbers, etc.?" For data like that, use the "Password Keeper" app built-in to BB10.)

You can then edit the file on your PC to change categories or text of the messages as you like. (do I need to say "make a backup of this file before you edit it"? Maybe so, so I said it)

A lot more efficient than doing it on your handheld. Then put the file back on Dropbox, and restore to the device. When you restore, choose the "overwrite everything" option. Your notes will be back on your device but they'll be "cleaned up".
    rcranz and bcuffy like this.
    09-23-15 08:55 AM
    Thanks to everyone who helped with this question. It now works. I thought anischab just meant to create a new account. I already have an Evernote account, but I guess I needed to register the account or add it into the "accounts" section.

Thanks again everyone.
    09-23-15 08:58 AM
    Thanks to everyone who helped with this question. It now works. I thought anischab just meant to create a new account. I already have an Evernote account, but I guess I needed to register the account or add it into the "accounts" section.

Thanks again everyone.
    So well done!

If you want to do the same to synch the tasks (evernote for notes only!!! The tasks get a check box and a due date as well as a reminder time x hours/days before due date) then make an outlook.com email account.
    Then you can synch the tasks to outlook!

Save data from the "Remember" app?  (Apps for notes)-img_20150923_160854.png

rcranz likes this.
    09-23-15 09:09 AM