Carjackd likes this.
    12-06-14 03:40 PM
    12-06-14 03:55 PM
    Thanks for keeping the perky part
    Ecm, Carjackd and bungaboy like this.
    12-06-14 04:04 PM
    Amen!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    kbz1960 and bungaboy like this.
    12-06-14 04:23 PM
    It was hilarious. There's no way I was going to delete it.
    kbz1960 and Carjackd like this.
    12-06-14 05:59 PM
    It was hilarious. There's no way I was going to delete it.
    We agree, best post in the thread!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-06-14 07:56 PM
    We agree, best post in the thread!

Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:04 PM

Any mechanical or civil engineers out there? Does this frame seem that it would be susceptible to bucking with torsion - especially as it is so square. You know, the kind that happens when it twists in your back pocket. That would cause one of the lower corners of the screen to pop up.
    12-06-14 09:35 PM
    Here is OP's bent Passport. :-( Any other repair tips out there?

Sat on my Passport in back pocket-pp3.jpg

Sat on my Passport in back pocket-pp2.jpg

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    12-06-14 10:49 PM
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...?itok=j5UCc7Qi

Any mechanical or civil engineers out there? Does this frame seem that it would be susceptible to bucking with torsion - especially as it is so square. You know, the kind that happens when it twists in your back pocket. That would cause one of the lower corners of the screen to pop up.
    Maybe, we should be looking for and engineer that designs mobile devices. No offense, I deal with engineers all the time as clients. Engineers but they have never built a house (except for out of popsicle sticks in University). What a hot mess that is.

12-06-14 10:54 PM
    Guys, the engineering questions that you're posting go to the question: "under what stresses is the design and manufacture of the Passport impervious to bending?" This is just more spam given the topic of this thread is about how to best respond to and correct the bending of the OP's phone, which is proven by his photos above. And while your idea is worthless to the helpful mission of correcting the already-bent Passport, it could be a great thread for you guys to start elsewhere, if you are genuinely interested in engineering, stress loads, and what is necessary to make a Passport fail. Given the number of Passport defect threads on this forum, my guess is that the answer may not surprise you.

Again, if you really think OP has purchased his $600 Passport so that he could deliberately sabotage it, all just to deceive this tiny fan forum, and that his story of accidentally sitting on it is simply too hard for you to believe, then please understand that your objections have been heard and your doubts have been noted, but that some of us find your conclusion nonsensical and of paranoid mindset.

crackberry_geek likes this.
    12-06-14 11:28 PM
    Guys, the engineering questions that you're posting go to the question: "under what stresses is the design and manufacture of the Passport impervious to bending?" This is just more spam given the topic of this thread is about how to best respond to and correct the bending of the OP's phone, which is proven by his photos above. And while your idea is worthless to the helpful mission of correcting the already-bent Passport, it could be a great thread for you guys to start elsewhere, if you are genuinely interested in engineering, stress loads, and what is necessary to make a Passport fail. Given the number of Passport defect threads on this forum, my guess is that the answer may not surprise you.

Again, if you really think OP has purchased his $600 Passport so that he could deliberately sabotage it, all just to deceive this tiny fan forum, and that his story of accidentally sitting on it is simply too hard for you to believe, then please understand that your objections have been heard and your doubts have been noted, but that some of us find your conclusion nonsensical and of paranoid mindset.

Ugh, you're right. Best and most logical post in the thread.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    12-07-14 12:14 AM
    As I said, take it to a reputable machine shop, have them straighten it out. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:22 AM
    CrackBerry = Tiny fan forum.

And I laughed.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-08-14 04:17 PM
    And he said: 'like, get bent dude'
    And she said: 'like totally'

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-08-14 07:56 PM
    Will the 300th post in this thread conclude that, with all sympathies to those who do otherwise, one shouldn't sit on their phone for fear of something that might possibly go awry?

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-08-14 08:23 PM
    Will the 300th post in this thread conclude that, with all sympathies to those who do otherwise, one shouldn't sit on their phone for fear of something that might possibly go awry?

Posted via CB10
    Seems reasonable.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-08-14 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm cool with that.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:34 PM
    I did not read the topic for a while but did the OP got a reply from BlackBerry because of his bended Passport? Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:56 AM
295 ... 101112