Post of the year.
    Finally! Some agreement in this thread!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    sam81 and bungaboy like this.
    12-04-14 04:58 PM
    Waiting on pics. It's not that hard.

Posted via CB10
    There a few posts up from yours
    12-04-14 05:10 PM
    There a few posts up from yours
    I'm pretty sure that was covered quite some tome ago. Now can we get back to the "perky behind" discussion!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    sam81, bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-14 05:30 PM
    I'm pretty sure that was covered quite some tome ago. Now can we get back to the "perky behind" discussion!

Yeah, I'd be much more interested in those pics.
    Carjackd, sam81 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-14 05:40 PM
    Indeed!

sam81 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-14 06:03 PM

Indeed
    Carjackd, bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-14 06:29 PM
    I always do, lest my perky behind starts to fiddle with my contacts.
    I know rite?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:37 PM
    Now we are talking real world issues!!!

I have literally never ****-dialed with a touch-screen phone. It doesn't exist. The issue is putting the phone in a pocket while it's still unlocked, accidentally dialing a person in the process of putting the phone away.

There is no excuse for pocketing a phone, screen-out.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:27 AM
    I have literally never ****-dialed with a touch-screen phone. It doesn't exist. The issue is putting the phone in a pocket while it's still unlocked, accidentally dialing a person in the process of putting the phone away.

There is no excuse for pocketing a phone, screen-out.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but I can't blame someone for having a "perky behind".

bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    12-05-14 10:30 AM
    Yes, but I can't blame someone for having a "perky behind".

As long as it's just one per carrier.
    Carjackd and kbz1960 like this.
    12-05-14 11:17 AM
    There's nothing funny about a struggling company having numerous QC issues with its only flagship smartphone of the year.

And why would we think that this bend is the work of malevolent iPhone users? Put down the Crackberry pipe, my friend. So far, there have been numerous threads on Crackberry providing photo and video evidence of quality control (QC) problems with the Passport. I've read several of them, and some of the hyper-defensive/hyper-aggressive loyalists always attack the person with the messed up Passport--it never fails.

In the warped thinking of such a rabid loyalist, the idea is that Passports are perfect and, consequently, that all of these verified QC reports must be fabricated by some iPhone-toting boogeyman.

Just re-adjust your tinfoil hat and rejoin the rest of us in reality.

As for the OP, I'd check the credit card used to purchase the Passport and see if it doesn't offer automatic coverage for the phone. I had to use this approach in the past, and such coverages are lesser known, so it's worth a shot to check and see.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    Sure, but what does that have to do with the issue of her perky behind? Stay on topic. She has legitimate issue here.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 01:03 PM
    Sure, but what does that have to do with the issue of her perky behind? Stay on topic. She has legitimate issue here.

If her behind could type on a Passport, it sounds more boney than "perky."

But let's stay on-topic because there is a long and unfortunate history on Crackberry of groups of rabid loyalists trying to shut down disliked threads by spamming them with nonsense jokes/side chatter and then getting a complicit moderator to shut the targeted threads down for being "off-topic." I'm glad that such a tactic is not working here.

I figure helpful people might have more advice to give the OP (see my earlier post) on useful actions to take and we can all wait to hear any developments in the story.

early2bed likes this.
    12-05-14 02:16 PM
    If her behind could type on a Passport, it sounds more boney than "perky."

But let's stay on-topic because there is a long and unfortunate history on Crackberry of groups of rabid loyalists trying to shut down disliked threads by spamming them with nonsense jokes/side chatter and then getting a complicit moderator to shut the targeted threads down for being "off-topic." I'm glad that such a tactic is not working here.

I figure helpful people might have more advice to give the OP (see my earlier post) on useful actions to take and we can all wait to hear any developments in the story.

I'm pretty sure the "topic" has been covered....and help has been offered in many forms and Apple loyalist have infiltrated this thread and made a lot out of nothing. So...let get back to the perkyness. Which is a lot more entertaining and enlightening than the most of the 13 pages of this thread.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 02:32 PM
    You are spot on... and it is pathetic.

Frankly I'm embarrassed for BlackBerry's sake.

Posted via CB10
    A true "geek" would understand the internets. This is how it goes.
    You have to understand the OP first and remember once you put your phone in your back pocket you're leaving yourself open for "discussion"

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 06:53 PM
    What's with these terms people invent? "Bendgate"? Does this mean someone tried to bend a gate? Come on people... say what you mean, and stop using these ludicrous invented terms/words. it doesn't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    Watergate... Bend-gate. Get it?

It became a "thing" to add -gate after a scandal. I noticed it being done in the mainstream media as early as 2007.

List of scandals with "-gate" suffix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 10:16 PM
    The passport looks surreal in its bending form as if I just entered alternate bend universe. I feel sorry for your Passport, dude.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-06-14 04:30 AM
    292 posts later....

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and Carjackd like this.
    12-06-14 05:41 AM
    292 posts later....

Posted via CB10
    I agree, this thread should be closed

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Carjackd and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    12-06-14 05:52 AM
    A big part of the mission of this forum is helping people who are having problems with their BlackBerry. I've written a bunch of posts just to help people with various issues. Many of us have.

Usually, in fact nearly always, we simply assume the person has the problem they claim to have. I simply would ignore a post if I thought the person were deliberately lying about a non-existent problem. Why waste my own time when real people have real problems, right?

But some community members have been openly hostile to this thread from its earliest beginnings, calling for the thread to be closed. In fact, multiple members were hostile because they thought that there was no bent Passport at all. They treated the OP with undisguised suspicion and contempt. They demanded photographic evidence.

I, and many other members, didn't like the tone of the suspicious members. It looked bad for this forum and it seemed overly defensive/aggressive and hostile. But at least I understood it.

So the guy sends us pics of the Passport as proof. Yep, it bends and yep, his bent.

You'd think the hostility would disappear and we'd be free of the suspicious and hostile members, so that helpful members could give whatever help/advice possible. But this thread wasn't free of the hostility. Their negativity just came out as fat jokes against the OP (all of which were off topic) and numerous comments that the OP was stupid or clumsy for making one mistake that caused the damage (all of which were off-topic or abusive). There have even been conspiracy theories that the entire OP is the work of an Apple-loving BlackBerry hater who went to the trouble of buying a Passport to launch this thread.

And, yes, some hostile members have filled the thread with useless side chatter of "perky" behinds and other nonsense
    in hopes of getting it closed for being "off-topic" when the off-topic aspects are theirs alone.

The story of this thread isn't over. The post count is where it is because of the mean-spirited contributions of hostile members.

So, if you're not in this thread because you care about how the OP's issue will develop, and you're not in this thread to offer help, then why are you in this thread?

I asked a hostile member this question earlier, and he replied that it was a strange question. It isn't. It's asking what the core motivations are for hostile members taking their time to complain about the OP, his problem, or this thread in general. Why is this thread upsetting you?

I mean, if you feel this thread is a waste of your time, just don't open it. The rising post count shows it's interesting to others.

12-06-14 09:46 AM
    Spot on eyesopen. Thanks so much for your well written post.

Pathetic that you had state the obvious though...

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-06-14 11:00 AM
    Everything bends. Space is bent, for crying out loud. I keep my phones aways from even the front pockets if I'm even remotely likely to be leaning agains anything (desk in the kitchen or like)... it would be great to see OP's phone repaired, even if he needs to get a new frame and keyboard. Nothing cheers the heart as a resurrection of a beautiful device.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-06-14 11:19 AM
    I also hope the guy can find an inexpensive repair. I had a Nokia N900 with a bad USB port and found a great guy who replaced it better than new for about $30, so that's a possibility.

Also, I usually buy my phone with a credit card that provides automatic insurance of smartphones. Many cards do this, because they want you to use their card for larger purchases, but the coverage is sometimes hidden in fine print. I hope OP has something like this available to get a new phone or cover repair costs.

And some carriers also offer smartphone insurance, as I imagine AT&T will here in the States when they launch the Passport.

12-06-14 11:47 AM
    Interesting how defending the OP, and his legitimate post, gets labeled as personal attacks around here.

Uhmmmm... if the OP hadn't been personally attacked first... the defense would never have been necessary.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-06-14 12:37 PM
    Interesting how defending the OP, and his legitimate post, gets labeled as personal attacks around here.

Uhmmmm... if the OP hadn't been personally attacked first... the defense would never have been necessary.

Posted via CB10
    That would be terrible if defending the OP's legitimate post got labeled as personal attacks. Where did that happen?

bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-14 02:32 PM
    [WARN]OK, Ladies and Gentlemen, time to cool it. Let's stop the name calling and personal shots. Let's kill the off topic stuff too. (The perky behind bit was too good to delete, but let's put that behind us.)

If you can continue with a civil discussion, and debate or disagree without getting personal, fine. Any more insults won't be treated lightly from this point forward.

Thanks[/WARN]
    Carjackd, kbz1960 and kirson like this.
    12-06-14 03:28 PM
295 ... 9101112