That's impossible. This never happens to Passports. At least it wouldn't have happened if this thread were closed.

Seriously, I would question whether glue would work given that the glass is straight and the housing is bent. Even if you could glue the glass down without causing distortion or a highly visible glue edge, there would be constant tension on the glass and you're much more likely to end up with cracked glass at some point.

PS - You might as well go ahead and post a photo of the device and document your weight. It seems like it's mandatory.
    Over doing it.

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-02-14 12:19 AM
    I don't know if you're trying to be helpful or snide...

but either way the bend is very minor; minor enough that there's probably no tension on the glass. I was also successful in bending the shape back into nearly straight status, but the screen is still loose on the one corner. Super glue crossed my mind once or twice.

PS - my weight is 198 lbs and photos will be coming soon, so stay tuned
    Thanks. Will stay tuned. In the future please have photos ready and also a pic of your feet on a scale.
    Without this vital data our research cannot resume.
    Hope you can fix it. My advice. Get house insurance..and claim theft.

Posted via CB10
    feldmen01 likes this.
    12-02-14 12:22 AM
    Your suggestion is to commit insurance fraud and pay a $500+ deductible and get a rate increase for a 500 dollar depreciating asset?
    early2bed and tuxedo323 like this.
    12-02-14 03:11 PM
    Thanks for the excellent suggestion. However I recently made an insurance claim when I noticed that my newly acquired bag of 200 medium-sized rubber bands went missing. Needless to say, the insurance company was unwilling to assist in my dilemma. Everything worked out in the end as I had remembered that I had moved them to the desktop computer room whilst cleaning out the kitchen junk drawer.

Now that the drawer is free from clutter, I should move the rubber band bag back into the kitchen in case I need to secure my metal tongs together again... but that's a different story entirely.

Thanks. Will stay tuned. In the future please have photos ready and also a pic of your feet on a scale.
    Without this vital data our research cannot resume.
    Hope you can fix it. My advice. Get house insurance..and claim theft.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:46 PM
    Your suggestion is to commit insurance fraud and pay a $500+ deductible and get a rate increase for a 500 dollar depreciating asset?
    Good point. Better move to tornado ally during peak season and sit and wait.....outside.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:42 PM
    Insurance company's are the frauds. Paying money "incase" something happens. And if nothing does the only ones laughing are the insurance companies who have been investing your money for 25 years.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:45 PM
    OK. So you think making a 500 claim and paying a 500 dollar deductible and getting a rate increase will teach them a lesson? They'd love it if everyone did that.
    12-02-14 04:46 PM
    OK. So you think making a 500 claim and paying a 500 dollar deductible and getting a rate increase will teach them a lesson? They'd love it if everyone did that.
    Just ideas bro. Not really sure what others financial situations are. My idea would probably not work because of the deductible...unless some other stuff went missing with it like stereo, jewelry, wife etc. And about the rate increase. There wouldn't be one. Because you cancel afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:39 PM
    There's a million other reasons it won't work, but let's just stick with risking Jail time over a cell phone is ridiculous, and then move on.
    12-02-14 06:04 PM
    And then how many insurance agents are reading this, lol?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:05 PM
    And then how many insurance agents are reading this, lol?

Posted via CB10
    I used to sell for Primerica if that counts.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:30 PM
    Anyone who sits on any device should have their head examined.

Perhaps the next thing will be people dragging them behind their bicycles to see if they'll last. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and bungaboy like this.
    12-02-14 06:39 PM
    I've had a good laugh but this thread is way too long. What is the status? Did it get fixed? I don't doubt the device was bent as the OP posted. I had a $2000 Rado Anatom carbide scratch proof watch that snapped in half when it fell on a carpeted floor. Some times the stars align and spit happens. I too miss the days when someone asks for help and gets it, and everybody that reads about it benefits from the answer.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:21 PM
    I wouldn't be scared to straighten the device with a bend that small. I work with tons of alloys every day, and can assure you that a bend so minor is nothing to bend back.

Bring the device to a reputable machine shop, and perhaps they can run a dial indicator along it to ensure it's truly flat while they bend it back true.

Hell, if I can work in Aerospace, straighten shafts with presses, this little bend is nothing.

It would even be better to take just the frame to someone in a shop, and it can be straightened out to a tee...easily.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:40 PM
    Here are the photos it shows the phone bent and slightly twisted.

Attachment 316705
    Attachment 316706
    Attachment 316705

Posted via CB10
    Send me the frame, I'll straighten it for you. Easily.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:44 PM
    Can someone please close this thread already!?!?!??!?!?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 08:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    No one is forcing you to be here.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 03:40 AM
    Anyone who sits on any device should have their head examined.

Perhaps the next thing will be people dragging them behind their bicycles to see if they'll last. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Oh but that will be ok because there will be another person on the other side of the world who did it too. Therefore any mocking or laughing at their stupidity will get lots of QQ.
    Stupid is as stupid does.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you that thick? Stop coming to Candy Land if you don't want to play.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-14 07:21 AM
    I've had a good laugh but this thread is way too long. What is the status? Did it get fixed? I don't doubt the device was bent as the OP posted. I had a $2000 Rado Anatom carbide scratch proof watch that snapped in half when it fell on a carpeted floor. Some times the stars align and spit happens. I too miss the days when someone asks for help and gets it, and everybody that reads about it benefits from the answer.

Posted via CB10
    Can we have the thread weight of the carpet and polyester count please?
    How far did you fall and was the watch slid down your wrist to where it will take all the force of bending?
    These details are pertinent to keeping this thread.. I mean helping you.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:25 AM
    Thanks for the excellent suggestion. However I recently made an insurance claim when I noticed that my newly acquired bag of 200 medium-sized rubber bands went missing. Needless to say, the insurance company was unwilling to assist in my dilemma. Everything worked out in the end as I had remembered that I had moved them to the desktop computer room whilst cleaning out the kitchen junk drawer.

Now that the drawer is free from clutter, I should move the rubber band bag back into the kitchen in case I need to secure my metal tongs together again... but that's a different story entirely.
    This is all I can think of if you go ahead with your plans to re locate the bag-o-bands.
    You can even attach pic. Like

Sat on my Passport in back pocket-img_20141203_213241.png

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-03-14 07:33 AM
    This is definitely a planted thread. The photos are highly suspect. And who puts a phone in their pocket with the glass facing outward?

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and bungaboy like this.
    12-04-14 11:15 AM
    And who puts a phone in their pocket with the glass facing outward?
    I always do, lest my perky behind starts to fiddle with my contacts.
    Carjackd, -Puck-, BBjer and 1 others like this.
    12-04-14 12:06 PM
    Now we are talking real world issues!!!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    sam81 and bungaboy like this.
    12-04-14 01:38 PM
    Post of the year.
    Carjackd and sam81 like this.
    12-04-14 04:31 PM
295 ... 89101112